Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I went into college today....

Options
  • 07-09-2005 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

I went into college today. The science block was full of blond, pink wearing girls and rugby boys. It was just weird. Either they were non-science students or their spirits would be crushed quickly. :)

When I was leaving the building a guy approached me to remind me of the UCD computer services introductary course. I'm a guy with long hair and wearing a "if my eyes are bleeding I'm not ready to stop playing video games" tshirt. I was suprised he thought I was in first year. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

The science class is comprised of many different types of people, including girls that wear pink and rugby boys. That's what I like about science, such a diverse group of people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

I just hope theyre goodlooking

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

yeah see... the points for science have dropped... so the blondes and ruggers boys can get in... not just for the elite...

i digress... im an arts student so im used to the blinding colours human being ordain themselves with...

I was in UCD yesterday and no one asked me if i was a firsty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Really? That's staggering. Maybe they're afraid to approach you, HCH. :p

The points for everythin have dropped haven't they?
    Just on the off chance you thought there wasn't enough Oompa-Loompa-Rugger-Bugger-Pink-Wearing-Birds on campus, there's gonna be a heck of a lot more from now on.

Dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just on the off chance you thought there wasn't enough Oompa-Loompa-Rugger-Bugger-Pink-Wearing-Birds on campus, there's gonna be a heck of a lot more from now on.
    May the Flying Spaghetti Monster have mercy on us all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Its not like arts is usually 75 points higher than science at all oh no :rolleyes:

chances are they were there for the free drink at the introduction meeting thing, I know that was the only reason I was in the science block last year thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Syth wrote:
    . The science block was full of blond, pink wearing girls and rugby boys.

Prob all Arts and Comm. People from Co Dublin doing Arts collected their student card today. Tomorrow (8th) its science....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Actually the points for science have gone up this year. 2 years ago it was 280 points. :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

People from Co Dublin doing Arts collected their student card today

Freudian slip?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I saw my first two bona fide D4 burds on the bus this morning! I had to keep myself from sniggering in case everyone thought I was a psychopath -- but it was still funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Hey!!! I'm going into first year arts and I live in D4! Does this leave me open to a lot of bimbo stereotyping?? Coz I got 455 I could have done something else you know..... And I DO know what I want to do for the rest of my life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jacket

Dinxminx wrote:
    Coz I got 455 I could have done something else you know..... And I DO know what I want to do for the rest of my life...

Work for Daddy. Yeah, we know. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Adblock

Dinxminx wrote:
    Hey!!! I'm going into first year arts and I live in D4! Does this leave me open to a lot of bimbo stereotyping?? Coz I got 455 I could have done something else you know..... And I DO know what I want to do for the rest of my life...

Dam Right...

what subjects?? "I'm from the country and have to admit i love the pink blond D4 girls" I don't believe the stereotype "all snobby and no brains" I was chatting to a couple of D4 girls last night and they were lovely.

Ps :"I could have done something else you know"

Don’t ever feel u need to justify what you do to anyone, if there were no arts the world would be a very very unhappy place. Just because the world is dominated by capitalists, doesn't mean the arts are dead. There just sleeping and when they wake, we will get the next instalment of existentialism.

I said they were whores, not idiots.

I think in fairness there is an unbelievable hate towards D4's amongst all the other groups of society. I can see why there is the hate, but I think for a hate to be driven like that there is a huge jealousy factor setting in. people need to learn to be less obsessive of the "perfect life". There is no such thing.

D4's regardless of their own view's on life are just people, they maybe blond and it may irritate you that they wouldn't look once in your direction but you shouldn't let it get to you.

Now on the other hand if you find it entertaining by all means continue on but I wouldn’t refer to a woman as a whore no matter who she is because one day some man will say the same thing about your mother. It might hurt.

Live and Let Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't think any bad attitude towards D4s is to do with jealousy. Alot of the time, hate stems from hate. I'm sure we've all had experiences of some D4 person making snide remarks against another. It hardly endears them to the rest of us...

I'll call them what they are.

Oh no, some man will call my mother a whore someday, boo-hoo :rolleyes:

I'm not a whore. I don't wear fake tan or make-up. I'm not blonde. I'm doing English, Spanish and Philosophy with a view towards dropping Spanish (I'm already fluent) and going on to do a masters in Journalism as soon as I get my degree. I wear pink if I feel like it but it's not a colour that features majorly in my wardrobe, and you weird D4 haters are striking me as really odd.... Why would you hate someone for where their parents chose to bring them up?

jacket wrote:
    I'll call them what they are.

Oh no, some man will call my mother a whore someday, boo-hoo :rolleyes:

I mean you couldn't really be that stupid.

The man saying stuff about you mother was a reference to the social constructs of society and a re enactment of the phrase what comes around goes around.

this might help
    http://www.google.ie/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=improve+your+IQ+Self+Help&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

D4 isn't an address, it's a state of mind.

So you don't wear make-up or pink clothes, but I bet you loved it when the boys in Wessie grabbed your arse.

• Advertisement

I don't think any bad attitude towards D4s is to do with jealousy. Alot of the time, hate stems from hate. I'm sure we've all had experiences of some D4 person making snide remarks against another. It hardly endears them to the rest of us...

There is a paradox in that. Who started the hate? Or more importantly who will end it.

Dinxminx wrote:
    and you weird D4 haters are striking me as really odd.... Why would you hate someone for where their parents chose to bring them up?

There is an anti-D4 element in UCD but when you see some of the D4s you'll understand why. Obviously you can't say all D4 people are nasty people...but alot of them are from what I've experienced.

One guy told me about some D4 girl who was being paid €20 by her father to attend lectures...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

The whole D4 thing is more a state of mind than the actual place where you were born/went to school ect. I mean I went to school in D4, but as plenty of the posters here who've met me can confirm I don't fit the stereotypical D4 image! Its more a dislike of people who "act" D4, rather than ppl who were born there.

Adblock wrote:
    There is a paradox in that. Who started the hate? Or more importantly who will end it.

Fair point, but it's a human reaction to hate those who have hate for others.

Well at lest this discussion will go a long way to relieving third world debt for poor countries. I mean if Africa ever gets rich we can tell tem to watch out for the mean talking D4's ooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :)

Adblock wrote:
    Well at lest this discussion will go a long way to relieving third world debt for poor countries. I mean if Africa ever gets rich we can tell tem to watch out for the mean talking D4's ooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :)

Maybe they'd be T2s down there. You know...Timbuktu.

(I'll get me coat)

I went to Wezz twice in my whole life. Nobody grabbed my ass. I was a tomboy and had (and still have, but now I have a boyfriend-- 2nd yr commerce) pretty high standards for a fourteen yr old... The spotty d*ckheads who went there bored me.

Maybe they'd be T2s down there. You know...Timbuktu.

(I'll get me coat)

rofl ---- T2's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Vangelis

I just hope theyre goodlooking

I just hope they're clever, or else it doesn't mean a ****. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Vangelis wrote:
    I just hope they're clever, or else it doesn't mean a ****. ;)
    You can find that select group, certainly.

But beware, good looks + intelligence = Manipulation.

Mark my f**kin words.

Advertisement