Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

asking girls from your class out

• 07-09-2005 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i am going into my 2nd year at university and my class is fairly big but everyone knows everyone else to see. we have our own groups of mates, and dont talk to the others much. anyway theres this a girl i was thinking about asking out but i want to know is it best to make friends first with her or just come out and ask her out. i dont know what to do becausse i think making friends with her first and then asking her out and she says no,it could create a very tense atmosphere for the rest of the year in uni. opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 U$ername

Its hard to be friends with someone who you want to be more than friends with, ask her out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

you have nothing to loose!!! ask her...

oh yeah best o' luck.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

i am going into my 2nd year at university and my class is fairly big but everyone knows everyone else to see. we have our own groups of mates, and dont talk to the others much. anyway theres this a girl i was thinking about asking out but i want to know is it best to make friends first with her or just come out and ask her out. i dont know what to do becausse i think making friends with her first and then asking her out and she says no,it could create a very tense atmosphere for the rest of the year in uni. opinions?

Tricky.

1. She is young. Probably still immature and insecure. She possibly won't know how to react when you ask her so will reject you to save face.

2. Continuing on point 1. Are you of the same "social stature"? Again, because she's young, she probably still uses the "he's cool" logic when picking her men, so you're just going to embarrass yourself if you're nerdy and she's "cool". If you know what I mean...

3. I get the impression you've never spoken to this girl? If so, asking her flat out will most likely freak her out.

I think the best thing to do is to get talking to her "by accident". Become friendly but flirty with her. Invite her for a coffee or something (after a few occassions talking to her - not the first time.) And this does not mean you are her "friend". You can still be a sexual interest to her without asking her flat out or becoming her friend. It's not black and white.

Know what I mean? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Good advice dd

Advertisement