Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

0.000 credits....

Options
  • 07-09-2005 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

What does it say in your Stuweb, are you all still registered to 0.000 credits or anyone got these filled up? I will do Info Studies and Sociology and I haven't got the chance to register for the individual modules and courses in these subjects yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I didn't understand most of that post, lol.

I will say this, though: the modules with zero credits are your tutorials, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

flodis79 wrote:
    What does it say in your Stuweb, are you all still registered to 0.000 credits or anyone got these filled up? I will do Info Studies and Sociology and I haven't got the chance to register for the individual modules and courses in these subjects yet.

if you haven't registered for any modules then your credits will be 0. Once you've picked all your core and elective modules you should have 60 credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

But seeing as it's ucd I would expect them to get it up on the system right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Don't panic, it'll all take a little time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Blush_01 wrote:
    Don't panic, it'll all take a little time.

Guess I have to wait. The registration for modules have been a total disaster when it comes to sociology, I have never been able to register.. But i will talk to them about this next week, so I get it sorted out, especially since there are modules you choose yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Everything's always a little up in the air when you start, there'll be plenty of people to help you if you want help, just ask. Hey, even I'll try to help you if I can, although I won't be on campus again until sunday.

Blush_01 wrote:
    Everything's always a little up in the air when you start, there'll be plenty of people to help you if you want help, just ask. Hey, even I'll try to help you if I can, although I won't be on campus again until sunday.

Thanks alot for that, mate. Well, 2nd year is the year to relax, according to the sociology hand book.. Guess it's true, but I'm just a bit anxious about my sociology courses, that I will not get the modules I want, cos I have to register together with the repeat students now.. But I guess I dont have to worry, ait?

irlrobins wrote:
    if you haven't registered for any modules then your credits will be 0. Once you've picked all your core and elective modules you should have 60 credits.

Is that 60 credits totally for second year? I picked all my courses in Sociology for both semesters and got 30 credits. 30 left now, are they for my second subject?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

should be 60 credits for each year. Generally its 30 credits per semester.

In arts a Major gets you 20 creditsv(4 modules), a Minor gets you 10 (2 modules) and Elective modules get you 5 each.

Advertisement