Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Audio help ?

Options
  • 07-09-2005 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi all can any one help me ?
    I was testing a car sony CDXS2250 CD/atrac/Mp3's system vol & stuff to see if all was well I pushed up the vol to almost max & then the speakers in the car stoped working & the Radio Shut Down & Now will not power on.
    could this be a fuse or a sperker problem ? Ive Tryed an other car system as well & no life is going to System at all

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

most likely the fuse blew. Its on the back of the radio, you can pick them up in any motor factors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

happens to mine too. It will switch off when its too loud, ...it wont switch on again unless i turn the volume dial to minimum or eject the cd.
    so try that 1st ,
    if not then im sure its just the fuse.

hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shadow_2k5

Ive Changed the Fuse but still no joy i tryed lower vol but with no Power going to the unit Im compleatly lost. any other idear's what it could be Ive Tryed an other Sound system in her & its the same could it be some fuse in the Actual car not the Radio ? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ciasto

You got 3 wires for power. Red, yellow, and black.

Red is ignition +12v- so when you turn the key this becomes live,

then Yellow is always +12v- no matter what,

(you have the option to bridge the red to the yellow but when you take the key out the radio will stay on)

and black is ground or chassis.

Get a multimeter and make sure the all the wires behave that way. I found that on some cars some wires seem to be ground but then become live for a short time, so its better to connect this to the body of the car.

Advertisement