Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creative zen micro remote

Options
  • 07-09-2005 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

is it true that you need to buy the remote control for the creative zen micro in order for it to work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Guh... Can you explain a little more? Do you mean that the remote won't work if you don't buy the remote? :)

If you mean that a Creative Zen Micro is useless without a remote, then that's not the case. As far as I know, the remote came out something like a year after the Micro (at least in Europe anyway). As a Micro owner, I must say that I did find the only drawback being that you can't manage the controls while it's in your pocket (something I got quite used to with my Sony MD, etc.).

However, the remote is quite expensive, isn't it? I'm a LUAS / bus kinda commuter, so it doesn't bother me too much, but I'd imagine if you were a cyclist the remote would be really handy.

What I'd really like is a mic-to-USB port adaptor for the Zen...

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

I read a review of it last nite and the person that wrote the review said that the radio receiver would not work unless you purchased the remote.i found that strange and thats why i asked here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Everything works on the Micro without the remote. I seen Pixmania doing them for E25. You can also buy them from the Creative website. I'll be getting mine before christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ciasto

I got a remote a couple of weeks ago and its great, I use it in the car so I don't need to take my eyes of the wheel.

Like it was said before everything works without the remote, so its just an extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

seabee wrote:
    I read a review of it last nite and the person that wrote the review said that the radio receiver would not work unless you purchased the remote.i found that strange and thats why i asked here

You were reading about the old Creative Zen players where the radio is in the remote not on the unit itself.The Zen Micro has a radio on the unit itself.

They should really name these things better so theres no confusion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement