Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to UCD (and the forums....)

Options
  • 08-09-2005 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey all.

Im going into 1st year arts and just wanted to say hey to all of you. :D

Me and two mates wer in college today pickin up our student cards..........except we didnt know you needed a passport so couldnt collect :eek: em.........

anyway, the place seems pretty good but i woz just wonderin where the hell are all da students!

ok we wer their late (4:30 when you had to pick up cards before 5) but still.......the place was full of "pensioners" wearing eec, or ece or ecbe (sumtin like dat, lol) badges, all standin around talking and drinking tea. :confused:

Just wonderin if any of you more "experienced" students could tell me when the campus picks up.

im headn up their 2moro for the intro lecture so hopefully the place should be buzzin.

cheers :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Add yourself on here... :)

And welcome to the boards, and to UCD :)
    *puts hat of experience on*
    It'll pick up on Monday, when the rest of us are back. And then Fresher's Week starting the Monday after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

College hasnt started yet. Im 1st aswell and going for the orientation tomorrow aswell. Know F*cking no-one. fs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Vic Mackey

im goin up with another mate of mine whos doin arts........im still crappin myself tho!

ah **** it, itl be good craic!

yep :)
    And find your way to the bar at some point :)

defianitly!!!!

is the taekwon-do club good in ucd? im thinkin of joinin

• Advertisement

Oh hell yes (but I'm a bit biased obviously)
    The training is great, and the club has a very strong social dimension too. We go out a lot (and we miss the Sports Bar sooooo badly...)
    We've been Club of the Year twice in the last few years (2003 and 2004), and we almost always bring back loads of trophies when we go to competitions.
    And just so you know... if you join, I'll be one of your instructors :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

join TKD and Philsoc... keep everyone happy

yeah ucd have a way of not tellling u what u need and what u dont need...

dastards

yea, im def joining aload of clubs and socs.

is da ucd gym good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Vic Mackey wrote:
    yea, im def joining aload of clubs and socs.

is da ucd gym good?

Yeah in fairness it is good if you can get yourself into a habit of going. Join a club and they'll make you turn up for training especially rowing. Jogging on campus, long puck in the hfield, astroturf, tennis are good options too, no excuses for laziness in UCD. You'll be healthy on the outside even if you need a liver transplant by end of 1st year *holds abdomen* oww

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I'll be one of your instructors :)
    This is not a good thing. The little blond girl like kicking men where men should not be kicked. :)

• Advertisement

Ah now, I'll be nice... :p

ah right, thought you wer a fella, soz.

anyway, i woz in ucd today for the introduction meeting (or whatever its called), i bought a ticket for the freshers night next tuesday, did any1 else? hope itl be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Is it that B&L thing at Il Mondo you're talking about? Those guys were all over me like a rash today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jeez I was given about a million leaflets/flyers today, for all kinds of crap, lol. I got the goody-bag from the SU tent (word of advice: it's not worth waiting an hour for it!) too.
    There was a decent atmosphere in the place today, I thought. I was there from 11am til about 4.30pm! Bloody knackered, I am..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

DaveMcG wrote:
    I was there from 11am til about 4.30pm! Bloody knackered, I am..

Wait til the Christmas Exams that will seem very innocent...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Vic Mackey wrote:
    ah right, thought you wer a fella, soz.
    Uh-oh..... She'll kill you now. Well nice knowling you. :)

Poor little fresher...

DaveMcG wrote:
    Jeez I was given about a million leaflets/flyers today, for all kinds of crap, lol. I got the goody-bag from the SU tent (word of advice: it's not worth waiting an hour for it!) too.
    There was a decent atmosphere in the place today, I thought. I was there from 11am til about 4.30pm! Bloody knackered, I am..

I have to agree with you about the good atmosphere today in comparison to my orientation days last year which were dull. If think you got alot of leaflets today wait until freshers week when you will probably drown in leaflets, coupons and condoms! SU seem to have more life installed into them this year. The tent is a good idea but hour queues? :eek:

I dunno if it's just me but everything this year seems to be better than last. Modularisation is actually cooler than I thought it was, better subjects (planing and environment policy my ideal course has just come in this year into Arts!), academic advisories were alot better, hotter females = less oompa loompas..... grrrr why didn't my parents concieve me 365 days later than they did! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I want free stuff! Lollipops for breakfast from Bank of Ireland at the gates, more lollipops from C&E and B&L with the condoms (handy to have pawns to get those for you)... free!

its the l and h soc, "angels and demons" in the bondi beach club, any of you goin?

cant wait till next week and especially freshers week after that!!!

the girls doin arts are pretty damn nice!

I have to agree with ye about the look of the Arts girls this year. Not bad must I say in comparison to last years mingers. Less oompa loompas which is a big plus even the though the ones who still have oompa loompa-itis are even more oranger than last years! What I found worrying is the vast increase in rugger twats with blonde highlights in their hair and frigin' fake tan......... urrgghhhh yuk

• Advertisement

yea, saw a few ross o caroll kellys myself today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

I have to agree with ye about the look of the Arts girls this year. Not bad must I say in comparison to last years mingers. Less oompa loompas which is a big plus even the though the ones who still have oompa loompa-itis are even more oranger than last years even! What I found worrying is the vast increase in rugger twats with blonde highlights in their hair and frigin' fake tan......... urrgghhhh yuk
    I saw a matching oompa-loompa couple today. It was classic! I'm all for individuality and that but I cant understand why anyone would want to be orange.

And there seem to be a lot of blonde rugger heads too, like you say.

Vic Mackey wrote:
    ah right, thought you wer a fella, soz
    Though I might have short hair, baggy trousers, a TKD black belt and a rather large collection of video games, I am very much female. :)

yea, i just thought you wer cos of da name (actually kirbys not a fellas name....i dont think so anyway......ah, it doesnt matter)

so any of you goin to the "angels and demons" thing tuesday?

btw, if ya join the taekwon-do club, do they start you off from a very "beginner" level (cos nearest iv come to it sofar is watching a bruce lee film or two, lol!)

sounds good

Right from the very basics. The first class... you'll learn the absolute basics. The first kicks, punches and do some fitness work.
    And don't worry... pretty much everyone new will be on the same level. So you won't be the only one, by any stretch of the imagination.

We do patterns. We do the Chang-Hon (ITF) patterns (so starting with Saja Jirugi A/B, then Chon-Ji, Dan-Gun, Do-San...working up to Choong-Moo for black belt etc...). They're fun :)

sounds like a chineese take-away menu........i like it, lol!

yea yea i know, but i prefare chineese food

• Advertisement

id pick horse over dog anyday m8

Advertisement