Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Ford Mondeo for 2007 with GullWings!

Options
  • 08-09-2005 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Just got this news from Autoexpress

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/59862/new_mondeo_wings_in.html

Its a concept of the next Mondeo and Ford say that the car will have a lot of these new features.

The car has Gullwing doors!! and is very styled compared to the current car..

I think if Ford can keep this design we will see a lot of Mondeo's on the Road in 2007. know I'd like to have one.

car_portal_pic_21442.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

A cheap mans Aston Martin. Is there a connection there.

Anyway sign me up for one. Am a fan of the current model but that looks good...off course its the concept design thats shown so the likes of the chrome air in takes which Jaguars lastest concept shown displayed will be removed.

And this being ireland, it probably wont be colour coded and have alloys, rear brake discs, and the rest of the bits that go into making a great car great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

oooh, gimme.

me holds out for the STI. (drool)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Yeah i think there's definitely some styling elements borrowed from Aston Martin in there, as there is in the new Jaguar XK concept.

1.jpg

Some small similarities too with the new Lexus IS200

TYT2005031853533_PV.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Yeah, right, Ford are going to release a Mundane with gullwings. You can just see all the reps getting out of them. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ford own both Aston Martin and Jaguar plus Volvo so that is the connection there.

Cannot see the production car with gullwing doors, just too expensive to produce on a main streem family car. Plus the practicality side of it, not very practical at all in a narrow car park space with some muppets parked too close on either side so you cannot open the doors. It does however give a indication of how it will look but I would expect normal type doors on the production model and a less adventureous interior. Maybe at last we will see a Mondeo where the looks come close to matching the drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

bazz26 wrote:
    It does however give a indication of how it will look but I would expect normal type doors on the production model and a less adventureous interior. Maybe at last we will see a Mondeo where the looks come close to matching the drive.

It does look very cool, I really can't see them keeping the doors although maybe on a sports version or something, although did you notice that the car has 4 gull wing doors and no pillar between the front and back of the cabin.

car_portal_pic_21444.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

In the first picture posted in this thread there are two door handles and there also seems to be a gap between the drivers door and the B pillar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Does Ford still have something to do with Mazda?!

Seems very similar to the design of the Mazda RX-8, or am i seeing things again?! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

AlienGav wrote:
    Does Ford still have something to do with Mazda?!

Seems very similar to the design of the Mazda RX-8, or am i seeing things again?! :rolleyes:

No you're right. I can't see any Aston similarities but there's definately a hint of the RX-8.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes, Ford own a percentage of Mazda, the wheel arches and the rear reminds me of the RX-8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

At least its a step in the right direction from ford. Its the only thing from the company that has ever excited me, aside from possibly the focus rs.

Can see the rx-8 styling tbh. Don't really notice much db9 in it tho tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Ford own Mazda and Aston Martin, amoung other brands. And I'd love to know who told you that this is the new Mondeo, it's called the Losis and it's just a concept car for the moment.

Advertisement