Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Americas Army

Options
  • 08-09-2005 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi
    I like playing Americas Army (bridge crossing mainly) way too much for my own good. BTW 800MB download from links on americasarmy.com. v2.4. I have honour of 23 but I'm still very crap at it.

If there's already an Irish clan for AA out there already let me know, if not , I was wondering if there was enough interest here in Ireland to get a group of like minded Irish people to play online together.
    There are a lot of empty servers to practice on. If you have just downloaded it I think you can skip the training with tips from http://www.gamewinners.com/DOSWIN/blamericasarmy.htm .I never tried it so sorry if it messes up your version of AA.

I usually go by the name sionnach[IRL] but it's easy change so maybe if enough of us could agree on a common prefix or postfix, that would be a start. Post some suggestions.

Some server admins don't like more than three from the same clan or group, so maybe no pre/post fix and just name yourself after an animal as gaeilge to get around this.

I have a lame ass site on Tripod called http://gaillimh-clan.tripod.com and my email is gamer.gaillimh@gmail.com. Send me your name and a little bio and i'll put it on the site. If there's is enough of us we're bound to shoot each other at some stage.

Cheers
    Sean
    Galway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Battlefield 2 is way better game. Plus your guaranteed your personal information is not shipped off to the US military.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'll download it tonight so. Used to have a much older version but didn't play it all that much.

If I can definately get past the training without bothering to have to do it, I'll give it a go.

Mobile.
    (Also from Galway)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Battlefield 2 is way better game. Plus your guaranteed your personal information is not shipped off to the US military.

Completely differnt style's of game tbh. America's army is about as close to real simulation of special force action you can get in a multiplayer game. It's like a realistic version of cs. I like it tbh and I think i'm fairly decent at it but my knowledge of some of the maps is slim. I'd be well up for playing some clan matches though.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

I just got it and passed all the training its pretty good plus its free.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Downloading it now.

Sean.

Also from Galway.

Do ye play much CS?

Link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 aa-fan

rabbintlights, about CS, nah haven't played it recently. I used to play it but the guys i played with in a lan didn't like it. They just wouldn't move on from Dukem'nukem 3D. It was even a struggle to get them to play Quake2. (sry this is a few years ago) Quake arena was fun but still the guys in the office longed for the good old days of Dukem Nukem.

HObbes, nnooooo not my ip addresss and my email.... hey wait they haven't contacted me yet. Maybe I'm so bad they couldn't be arsed.

let me know the names ye're going to use in AA.

thanks for your replies
    Cheers
    Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm downloading the game now. I probably won't get time to play until tomorrow night but nonetheless I'll make an appearance.

I'd imagine my name will be either HavoK or MobileInfantry

Anybody addicted to americas army like i am? v2.5. honour now 27. I'm still terrible.

later

Honor now 41. I'm still crap. V 2.6 is downloadable. Get Irish people stats off http://aaotracker.4players.de. Are you registered? I'm to be found in any 10 player , low ping Bridge Crossing game..... Over ten player usually has sniper which sucks.

sionnach[IRL]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Is this game heavy on specs?

I've a crap pc. Would like to play. Although, am only 14, hope i don't get drafted and the tender age... :D

• Advertisement

I think you would be at a severe disadvantage if you had a crap pc. then again my computer is 3 or 4 years old. You may have better.
    I have Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz, 1 GB Ram and 128MB Nvidia Geforce Mx4000 video card runing on windows 2000 Pro with all latest dumb ms patches. All runs fine and I can kill people sometimes. I also have 210kb/s broadband connection with UTV so I get a low ping in the game. High ping means very laggy as ya know.
    As I said I'm to be found on http://aaotracker.4players.de so you can see my crap stats. There are lots of Irish signed up but I have only met a few online. And I can be found on the Noobie (I hate that word) Bridge Crossing on a low ping server. {SCUM} is usually good. It's 10 player so the games are quick and usuallly there's no sniper.
    later
    sionnach[IRL]

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hobbes wrote:
    Plus your guaranteed your personal information is not shipped off to the US military.
    Cool.
    /me downloads AA

Its now 909MB:eek: May not have enough space to install it :( I'll see, anyhoo's.

/edit
    Erm, whats the difference between AA and AA:SF? If I get AA:SF, can I still play AA?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

sure i'll give it a whirl.
    from galway aswell and have way too much time on my hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

If you could download the Americas Army source code and somehow print it on toilet paper.. i wouldn't wipe my bum with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Can anyone confirm that you can indeed skip training?
    I played early versions but couldnt be arsed to stick with boring training hencei never got to sample the game properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭[STA-7]SSgt.Ste

Screwing with your source code could damage your honor or (honour) but I also dispise some of the training like SF E&E and medic training. Lectures:eek: !!! yet still i like the game (least till i get BFV:rolleyes: ) but still might play it even afterwords. I also agree with lack of Irish players. I dont live in ireland but I am part Irish and find the fact that people always Step On Us politically incredibly offensive.

________________________|||_____________________|||__________________________________
    Sgt.Elvis_Wolcott

what if we called the clan IPL and you have one of those letters in your name and their capitalized...
    Thoughts....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

I also agree with lack of Irish players.

The lack of Irish players is due to most of us seeing this as the true pos that it is. Americans love it as it has the whole patriotic crap going on.

iregk wrote:
    The lack of Irish players is due to most of us seeing this as the true pos that it is. Americans love it as it has the whole patriotic crap going on.

it's a game

what if we called the clan IPL and you have one of those letters in your name and their capitalized...
    Thoughts....
    [IPL] it is

sionnach[IPL]

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote:
    Can anyone confirm that you can indeed skip training?.

Sorry I don't know. but here's a walkthrough.
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/americas_army_a.txt
    google it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

aa-fan wrote:
    it's a game

No way? I wondered why I was crap! I didn't even realise it was a game...

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

anybody recommend a decent download site for AA, seems lots of the sites want signup, put bandwidth limits for people who don't pay $1.99 and frequently timeout..

try www.download.com that's were i get my copies and it does pretty well:D

i think i used gamespot.com. I registered and was put in a queue but it should download overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

nice one... download.com did the job.

that's phenomenal

I've set up the [IPL] Clan in aaotracker.com
    if you want to join it just drop me an email gamer.gaillimh@gmail.com with the following info
    Name : eg. abcdefg[IPL]
    Info : anything at all
    Games Played : whatever ya want
    Honour :

I'll put your details on the website. ipl-eire.tripod.com

I went through training again with a new account. Godammit it's a pain. Took me about 4 hours on an off. There are loads of walkthroughs out there in case you are stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 irish Mr.T

yeah: i play AA aswell have 46 houner name is king Eire
    it would be good to start a AA clan but it costs money to get a clan set up.
    u have to pay to have a server aswell:mad:

• Advertisement

Mr T, Indeed you are right ... i have no notion of paying for a server any time soon.. But we can set up a pseudo clan. Just to know that there's half an arrangement to meet other irish people online and if you recognise them and we share emails we can use msn,google chat or skype chat when playing so we can play together and gang up on other people..

After signing up with americasarmy.com
    They keep track of all your stats we can set up the pseudo clan there where we can track all of our stats. (I just checked it and it's been deleted Oh oh) Maybe set up another one... Ah well

there's a site
    http://ipl-eire.tripod.com/
    just send me an email and i'll put stats there for ya..

Advertisement