Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So....the iPod finally died........

Options
  • 08-09-2005 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure this isn't the first thread where somebody's had an iPod problem. I decided to buy one just before Christmas because I had so much trouble with my Creative Zen before it that I thought, it couldn't be that bad....
    It occasionally freezes. And unlike the Zen you can't short-circuit the battery by taking it out, so you have to wait until the battery power drains, then charge it again to turn it on. This gets really annoying. I've always been reluctant to bring it back because I've so many albums on the damn thing that if I got a new one it would kill me to have to put all my albums back on. (Plus, I have a friend who's on his 3rd iPod).
    So yesterday I was walking down to work and it froze again. So I did the usual, waited for it to drain and then charge it again....only this time, when I recharged it, there was no music on it. Everything was wiped.
    Has anyone ever had this problem? Is there any possible way of rectifying it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

they dont make 'em like they used to it seems! I got a new ipod yesterday, i had my old one for three years, its still perfect and i never had a days trouble with it! anyway, back to you, i presume you have tried resetting it? and reinstalling the software on the ipod? thats the first step... second step - back to apple!!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

You dont need to drain the battery when it freezes, just reset it, instructions are here: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705

Advertisement