Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Request] Men's Coat - Smart

• 08-09-2005 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭

Bit of query for you:

Where you can get a good smart coat from in Dublin? I've had an overcoat from M&S for 3 years now that has done me fine, but it's a bit tired now and I need something new. I wear a suit for work, so it would have to be designed to go over a suit (unlike the Benetton coat I tried on last night!).

Price isn't that much of an issue as I know I'll wear it for ages, but I don't want to break the bank. Maybe up to €300 or so, more if it's really nice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Zara have got some nice smart coats in a 'Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrells' stylee. Dundrum shopping centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I got a very nice one at M&S last autumn - perhaps try there again?
    If you have a large wallet, take a look in James Herren, on Dawson St. I think. They'll have loads of them there, but I doubt they'll be cheap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭lardboy

magpie wrote:
    Dundrum shopping centre.

I'd completely forgotten about there. I'll take a trip out this w/e, I think. Ta!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Yoox.com have a decent collection.

I also like the M&S gear, but from checking the Grafton St store, they don't have a whole lot in at the moment.

Bateman wrote:
    Yoox.com have a decent collection.

I also like the M&S gear, but from checking the Grafton St store, they don't have a whole lot in at the moment.
    Agreed about M&S, sometimes some really nice stuff, but it's pretty empty at the mo. I think the new Autograph collection is out soon (if not in the last few days).

I'd never seen that site before. Everydays a schoolday.

• Advertisement

Just in case anybody was wondering, I popped out to Dundrum yesterday and bought this coat. It's a lovely cloth and a really nice cut. Only €210, which (according to Yahoo currency) is about a tenner cheaper than the UK price. Eat that Eddie Hobbs!

On a side note, it was my first and definitely last trip out to Dundrum. What a horrid shopping experience! Claustrophobic and crowded and incredibly badly designed. After ten minutes wandering about, I found the Marks and Spencer store, popped in to bought my coat and left, relieved to be out of there. I knew it was going to be unpleasant when I saw the queue at Starbucks; at least 10 people inside and maybe 20 people out of the door. I reckon that's a 15 minute wait for a cup of corporate coffee. No iced-espresso-frappa-mochaccino is worth that!

Maybe it's just because of the Harvey Nichols opening that it was so busy, but to be hoest, I'm not going to bother finding out.

*shudder*

Deeply unpleasant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

nice coat - M&S sure gets things like this spot on most of the time.
    Try and avoid Dundrum on Sat and Sun - it's just mental and very uncomfortable.
    The centre is open til 9pm weekdays (some shops close at 7 or 8) so it's worth your while trying then. It's sooo quiet you'll nearly have the whole place to yourself! No queues in cafes either.
    I have to admit, the queue for Starbucks is a joke. I doubt many people in the queue are coffee connoisseurs and could tell the difference with the coffee at all the other cafes without queues scattered around the centre.
    It just shows how important a brand is for people and how its the "it" place to be seen and get coffee.
    It's akin to McDonalds opening their first outlet in Russia... seeing all the locals queue for a taste of Western culture rather than the food itself :D

Yeah, I might have been a bit quick to write the place off, and maybe a weekday evening could be more bearable. Mind you, getting out to it could be unpleasant as I'd have to get the Luas after work, which might be a bit busy as well!

I was in a bad mood afetr finding out that there was no KFC in the place, given that I was jonesing for some fast food, and the overall experience made me right grumpy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I seen a cracking Versace coat in the House Of Fraser a few days ago for €328,id love to have it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

jonny68 wrote:
    I seen a cracking Versace coat in the House Of Fraser a few days ago for €328,id love to have it ;)
    Sale starts today - 50% of some items... but probably not off any you want as usual...
    Might be a few quid less all the same :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement