Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadrunner post All-Stars track online

Options
  • 08-09-2005 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

The first track from Roadrunner's new 'All-star' compilation has been posted online at http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/shared/downloads/RoadrunnerUnited/TheDagger.mp3

Interesting line-up to say the least. For this track it's:
    Robert Flynn (Machine Head)- rhythm guitar/vocals
    Andols Herrick (ex-Chimaira) - drums
    Howard Jones (Killswitch Engage)- vocals
    Jeff Waters (Annihilator) - lead guitar
    Jordan Whelan (Still Remains) - rhythm guitar
    Christian Olde Wolbers (Fear Factory) - bass

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Atsf

yea tis a kick ass song!CANT WATE FOR THE ALUBM!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Can't say that's doing anything for me at all, sounds very bland altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Interesting line-up to say the least. For this track it's:
    Robert Flynn (Machine Head)- rhythm guitar/vocals
    Andols Herrick (ex-Chimaira) - drums
    Howard Jones (Killswitch Engage)- vocals
    Jeff Waters (Annihilator) - lead guitar
    Jordan Whelan (Still Remains) - rhythm guitar
    Christian Olde Wolbers (Fear Factory) - bass

WOW - they are the most talented musicians on the planet - OH MY GOD I REALLY CAN NOT WAIT.. ahem :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Repli wrote:
    WOW - they are the most talented musicians on the planet - OH MY GOD I REALLY CAN NOT WAIT.. ahem :rolleyes:
    I said it was 'interesting'. I didn't claim they were the best :rolleyes:
    I think the song is good enough, I'll give the rest of the album a listen...not sure what other musicians are on it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FatherWookie

Its just loads of other muscians from RR....like....everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Hmmm, a bunch of over produced and over hyped metalcore kids thrown together sounds pretty dull to me. Those sucky bands spend more time on their angry image and perfecting their "hate" lyrics than they do on their music. Not to mention trying to cram as much double bass known to man into every song
    Mother **** it all!
    I can't stand this!
    Remember then I said
    Everyone makes me sick?!
    Well nothing has changed!
    (CHORUS)
    I hate everyone!
    I hate everyone!

...In an unceremoniously hate filled voice. Please...
    However Annihilator's first two albums were class pieces of work. They went a bit bon jovi after that

Misfits are the only half decent band on RR at the moment.. imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I quite like a lot of RR stuff - notably Lacuna Coil, Murderdolls and Machine Head.

Could be a good album - waiting for this track to finish downloading before I pass my judgement though :p

Misfits are the only half decent band on RR at the moment

Well Opeth are with RR now. I cant imagine Akerfeldt singing alongside the killswictch engage guy in a duet :eek:

Opeth are gone to RR.... what?? Are they trying to appeal to the "younger" generation now lol..

• Advertisement

t_mainpic.jpg

Pictured adjacent to such greats as murderdolls, slipknot and nickelback on the roadrunner site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Glassjaw were/are a great band on Roadrunner. It's a pity they haven't used any of their tracks...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

That sounded exactly how i predicted it would once i saw the artists and the label involved, and all i can say is 'meh'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

That sounded exactly how i predicted it would once i saw the artists and the label involved, and all i can say is 'meh'.
    yes meh is the perfect word.. song does nothing for me... although i dont really agree with the rest of that loads of great bands are on RR machine head and opeth are like 2 of my favourite bands...

Advertisement