Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

res questions bout college park

• 08-09-2005 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Il be starting 1st year multimedia. first of all I got offered Larkfield but yday I got offered a place in college park. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

ripgirl wrote:
    Il be starting 1st year multimedia. first of all I got offered Larkfield but yday I got offered a place in college park. Any advice?

that is strange, id say all this confusion is down to DCUs new system whereby any first year (to be) who gets over 500points in the leaving can automatically get a place in larkfield, therefore others lose out???

College park V.Nice though....also V.Expensive!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Although College Park is very nice I'd say for first year you'd be better off going for Larkfield. As has been said before its better craic, you meet more people and those people are all first years. If you lived in College Park you could be living with anyone. They say that they try to put people of the same year together but I had to be moved last year because they had me in with four fourth years. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

wooly69 wrote:
    that is strange, id say all this confusion is down to DCUs new system whereby any first year (to be) who gets over 500points in the leaving can automatically get a place in larkfield, therefore others lose out???

College park V.Nice though....also V.Expensive!!!

thats not new, i think they've being doin that for years

to be honest, res is terrible (unless your a first year i suppose), shanowen is overpriced, best bet is to get a house.

but college park is MUCH better than larkfield anyway, so your lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ripgirl

Tanx guys!
    When applied for campus, I had Hampstead down first and then I got Larkfield- so when I got offered College Park, I asked the girl in the office if there was definately gona be other first years there and she said that anyone who had Hamstead down as first preference and didnt get it would be offered college park- so hopefully there will be other first years there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 james_d_23

i think i may be gettin changed to college park too,i applied for larkfield but i think i may have a chance of getting into college park,i'm also goin into first year multimedia too,SNAP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

ripgirl wrote:
    Tanx guys!
    When applied for campus, I had Hampstead down first and then I got Larkfield- so when I got offered College Park, I asked the girl in the office if there was definately gona be other first years there and she said that anyone who had Hamstead down as first preference and didnt get it would be offered college park- so hopefully there will be other first years there!!

hamstead is reserved for 2nd 3rd and 4th years afaik. dont think any 1st years ever been in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

I'm going into first year and I got hampstead. Got 495 in my leaving which is nothing special so I dunno why i'm being put there. Can't go wrong with en-suite bathrooms though right??

james_d_23 wrote:
    i think i may be gettin changed to college park too,i applied for larkfield but i think i may have a chance of getting into college park,i'm also goin into first year multimedia too,SNAP

Thats sound! Coz I wasnt sure whether to take College Park incase there wudnt be that many first years there and incase id be missin all the craic in Larkfield. But its too late now I s'pose cos I took the place in College Park yday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Yep first years have been put into Hampstead before in the second round so as to fill up the palce. Hrm, this messing around must have something to do with the drop in post-first year applications...

Sorry to bring it up again- but are any of ye 1st years stayin in college park or is it just me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement