Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get my artwork back?

Options
  • 08-09-2005 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

I went into my old school yesterday to get my craftwork stuff back(bloody gargoyle puppet was majorly tangled, grr), but I couldn't find my imaginative composition or lifedrawings. today I went in again and asked the art teacher about it - he told me that the examinations commission don't send those back after marking them. so I sent off a question to the examination people asking would it be possible to get my artwork back, but I wondered if anyone here has done so before?

I really liked how my imaginative came out on the day and I'd love to get it back if only to show my family(the lifedrawings, on the other hand, can bugger off). so... anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I'm not sure if it's possible to get it back.. maybe if you really persist you will get em back. I suppose all yo really need is your examination number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

i was checkin out mine but i didnt get em back at the viewing. Looked pretty cool to see the stuff since May. I did **** in my imaginative comp and design but i think there marked us down in our school coz the highest was a C1! I had a B1 at mocks and ended up with a D1 for LC. Got close to same result in History part and i thought i was ****e at that.Ha! Oh well-But i'm still going to do a art course in ItCarlow. So **** it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Balls to that, I thought I could get them back :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ripgirl

Thats crap- I wanted to get all my stuff back- just to show my family, and I probly wont be doin anything in art again. I did a poster, so I wonder will I even get that back? I thought all of the art exam stuff stayed in the school and was marked there.... Im gona go in next week to see if I can get anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Yeah, definite pain in the bo||ocks. You get your craft piece back but nothing else. My art teacher told me they keep the rest of your stuff down the country somewhere and you can't get it back.

I don't get it though; surely it costs a lot to keep all of that paper stored. Think how much they've accumulated. I bet they just bin it, the bastard$.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

the state exams commission dont allow any candidate to keep any of their work in any subject. even during viewing of exam papers, you cannot take a copy, or photograph your work etc.... As soon as it is submitted, it all becomes the property of the state exams commission.

and yes, it does cost a lot to store that much paper, thats why this january they will SHRED!!! all the examination material for this year. They shred two years of your working life in about 20 minutes on some january morning.

Advertisement