Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2, bots on a LAN game?

Options
  • 08-09-2005 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

is this possible? I know you can increase the bots to 64 in SP, but is there away to have a 64 player game with 10 people on a lan and the rest bots?

Cheers
    Al

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

search for the co-op mod, you'll find it searching the totalbf2.com forums or google, you have to start up a multiplayer lan game, get everyone who's going to join to see it in the server browser, then they all leave the server browser alone (do not hit refresh), then whoever is hosting the game starts up a singleplayer server and once thats up everyone hits join

the maps are modified 16 player maps, they are a fair bit bigger than the normal 16 player maps, more like 32 player, it has to be like this for the bots to work properly

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

How do you increase the botcount to 64 in SP?

I am lazy and have helped enough other people today. Link me.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Thanks for the info, will try it out. were trying to set up a 20 player BF2 lan, but want to give a 10v10 a go 1st and ad some bots for more fun.

Did you used to go to the westside tournaments in sligo angel?

SyxPak, not sure myself where to get the file for 64 bots in SP, a friend of mine had it, never needed it myself, could be on the totalbf2 site. sorry cant be more help. One of the guys at work had 128bots in SP and it runs, well lets just say his athlon 64 3700 and geforce 6800gt had to be set all low :D

I'll find out where he got it as you can do 64 aswell in it and post the link.

Apparently the same guys are releasing 64/128 bots for LAN aswell with full size maps.

linky syxpak, if you get an error running that read the readme theres a fix for it included, and -Al- yep that was yours truly, i work there now in the cafe the tournaments were held in

Ah right, Im workin up in westside computers, didnt play at the lans, but was down there, friend of mine organized them, would you be interested in comin in some weekend for a lan game? it would be bring your own pc, but we havent really sorted it out yet.

• Advertisement

ah you must be the guy i seen playing bf2 out the back, lol handy job, yeah sure always up for a lan, you can pm me the details here whenever

no thats another guy, im upstairs doin repairs / actually working :D (only messin john if your readin this :p )

i'll let you know anyway ;)

Advertisement