Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risks Associated with Lower Lip Piercing?

Options
  • 08-09-2005 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about getting my lower lip pierced, not a labret but offset to the side. I was googling information about the piercing (as you do) and there seems to be some risks associated with gum recession after wearing for awhile. I couldn't really find a definitive answer so step in boardsies. Who has one and what are your experiences with it? Is gum recession a real problem, I read it's more prominent in labrets, but once again no definitive answer. Cheers guys/gals!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

According to Snakebite it is about the correct placement and jewellery and also lifestyle, people who neck a lot of yokes and chew a lot tend to screw up their teeth it appears.
    Go to snakebite to get it done and they can do it right mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Mostly doesn't inspire confidence :)

By snakebite you mean what's now celestial ring yeah?

Dave wrote:
    Mostly doesn't inspire confidence :)

By snakebite you mean what's now celestial ring yeah?

Sorry for the bad choice of words, the only studio I would recommend is snakebite, celestal ring is celestial ring, snakebite is on Abbey Street near the food emporium.
    I wouldn't send anyone to Celestial Ring but that is a personal preference thing, and snakebite have trained most of the decent piercers in Ireland.

I've been tattooed there, and it's sign says Celestial Ring outside it so I assume they've been taken over. I know it used to be called Snakebite, so would staff have changed or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Nope snakebite hasnt been taken over, its still snakebite. The celestial ring is in St Stevens Green and The Blanch, snakebite in on Abbey street up a very very large set of stairs (I actually remember when the lift used to work, those were the days :rolleyes: )

P.s : I have suffered gum recession from a labret piercing I had (the labret was done in metalmorphisis (i know i know but they had just opened and the rumours werent flyin around yet! it was and will be my only non-snakebite piercing)) but my lip ring from snakebite has yet to show any.

• Advertisement

Dave wrote:
    I've been tattooed there, and it's sign says Celestial Ring outside it so I assume they've been taken over. I know it used to be called Snakebite, so would staff have changed or what?

What you are talking about is the new Celestial Ring shop that was once Skin Grafyx. Snakebite is by Traffic Nightclubn up a large stairs, you have to buzz to be let in.
    www.snakebite.ie, again I reiterate it is not Celestial Ring, you brought that up.

I see, Well they're both on middle abbey street, so you can see the confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 idiotproof

I had my labret pierced a few years ago, it probably wasn't until a good while after having it (more than 6 months) that I noticed my gums there were lower than the rest. I had a flat back stud in it which was pushing them down but it was odd that it took that long, thinking about it now I had it probably a year before I noticed anything odd but how often do you pull out your lip to look at yopur gums?.

Took it out pretty much immediately. Went to Snakebite got my lip pierced instead, have a ring in there now and no problems whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gnarlyone

celstial ring bodyshock snakebite (notice how i didnt mention metal morphosis..still have my doubts..)...they will all do a good job... i know alot of people rag on which one they would choose, but indeed its all just personal preference man,they all pierce on a daily basis..
    the main problem with labret piercings is all to do with the jewellery.. if it aint right itll lead to problems.
    Labret piercing is a high maintainence piercing..you need to treat it like a lady, and be nice and gentle with it...(chewing like a neanderthal will cause problems)
    i used to have it done but had to take it out after 2 days cuz of severe bruising on my inner lip (jewellery was too short)
    my ex still has hers done..and it rubbed away a lil bit of her gum below her front bottom teeth.
    Man just get it done if you really want it. dont be put of by horror stories..and if it causes you hassle just get rid of it, not worth the bother (give it up to a week).. dont flog a dead horse.
    hope thats some way helpful :)
    let us know what you choose a do

gnarlyone wrote:
    just personal preference man,they all pierce on a daily basis..

Or possibly related experiences and personal experiences combined, personally I see someone like Paddy In Bodyshock who is "self-taught" ehhh sorry? People who can "teach themselves" are indeed an anomaly, if he wasn't considered cool with the kiddies in front of the bank he wouldn't have half the rep he has.
    CR is like a mcdonalds, I have seen my brother getting pierced in CR and it was pierced too large, they were trying to appeal but did it wrong, taking shortcuts, the same girl is pretty highly regarded by some here, personal taste is only part of it, the metric is successful piercings and the most successful are Snakebite.
    Personally the only one I have never heard anything bad about is Snakebite and I have all my piercings done there and had one tattoo done there too. MetalMorphosis is crap and dare I say it would not even be recommended by people who work very closely with them, I dont want to expand on this but take my word for it.
    Snakebite all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 gnarlyone

agreed Blub2k4, obviously there is more to it than that. i used to get all my piercings done in snakebite..its been a while since ive been there though, and saying that they did make a mess of one or 2 of my piercings...my labret being one of the them which was pretty damn bad,saying that it didnt really bother me too much. Ive seen bad piercings from each studio.
    I aint here to bitch
    As regards to being Paddy being self taught...everything is learnt with experience, hence what i was refering to about 'they do it on a daily basis', nothing more.
    all i was trying to say to Dave was get it done, in whichever studio he chooses, based on his own personal choice and the advice and recommendations of others, and not to worry too much about it, if it gets nasty or there is a problem most 'good' studios will have no problem whatsoever doing whatever is necessary to solve the problem. and sorry Dave i only noticed now you said it was offset, id say it would be grand. most problems with labret piercings are caused by the flat plate on the labret bar..so im assuming if ur getting it offset ur going for a ring? go for it man :)

Advertisement