Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contents insurance for rented property

Options
  • 08-09-2005 3:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I know this has been discussed before but it's been a while. Any recommendations?

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

dahamsta wrote:
    I know this has been discussed before but it's been a while. Any recommendations?

adam

try
    UB [Intergroup] 1800 528 529

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

dahamsta wrote:

adam

Most companies won't cover rented accommodation but I have got it previously from Bank of Ireland. Will make things easier if you're living alone or sharing with BF/GF as opposed to strangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Fitzer12345

It depends on the exact situation. Some insurance companies if you are a student and living in student specific (i.e on Campus etc) accomodation will extend your parents home insurance policy to cover a small value worth of items in this property. However if you not a student this isnt much use!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm living alone so sharing isn't an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I went with BOI. Had trouble getting cover, BOI were very helpful and the cover is good.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What kinda money we talkin'?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

We are paying about €130 per year. Cover a couple of special items and our contents for about 40000. Also cover bikes and stuff like that.

MrP

Advertisement