Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP!! Netopia3347WG, Azureus, port forwarding

• 08-09-2005 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi
    I am having real problems increasing the speed of my torrent downloads with Azureus. I continuously get a yellow ball beside myTorrents and get an NAT error when I test the TCP listening port. The download speed remains avg 10kbps. I am on W2K SP4, latest java 5 download, Sygate personal firewall, DSL connection (Netopia 3347WG router) and using wireless USB adapter. I have spent ages sifting through help documents on port forwarding including ones on this site (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=284559 )and its still not working. Below I will go through exactly what I have done in the hope that someone knows what is going on. I apologise if what I have done is nonsense but I have taken in loads of different information on the subject of port forwarding mainly from www.portforward.com.

1 Set up static IP address
    Firstly I changed the DHCP IP address range in the router menu in order that the IP address of my computer was outside this range (per portforward.com)
    Then in the Internet Protocol TCP/IP settings I checked the “Use following IP address” radio box and entered:
    IP address 192.168.1.xxx (outside DHCP range)
    Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 192.168.1.254
    DNS Servers 192.168.1.254

2.Set up Azureus
    -Tools>>Options>>Plugins>>uPnP - unchecked the enable uPnP box(per portforward.com)
    -Tools>>Options>>Connection - changed the listening port number to 49xxx

3. Set up Sygate personal firewall.
    Azureus is allowed access. Also under Tools<<Advanced Rules.. I added 2 new rules. One for UDP and another for TCP. The rules are similar :
    Host – All Hosts
    Ports and protocols - (one for TCP, one for UDP) 49xxx (Local) both incoming and outgoing.
    Scheduling – disabled
    Applications – All applications

4.Configuring router. (Netopia 3347WG)
    This is probably the most annoying part because the menus on the Expert mode for my router are different than what is up there on the manufacturers site or on portforward.com. When I expand the configure menu in Expert mode I get the following

Configure
    Connection
    Wireless
    Advanced
    Access Control
    DHCP Server
    IP Passthrough
    NAT
    Packet Filter
    Qos
    Router Password
    Timezone
    VLAN

There is no mention of “PinHoles” anywhere!!!

What I tried was: under NAT- clicked “Define Custom Service” , checked the box for “port forwarding: Range of ports”, put the global port range as 49xxx and set the base port as 49xxx.Set protocol as TCP and enabled it.
    (This did not work- still NAT error, didn’t really know what I was doing!) . I also tried this in the "trigger ports" option.

Then I enabled the custom service, saved and restarted the router but still Azureus NAT error on the listening port (49xxx)and yellow ball beside download in Azureus. ARRGGGH!! :confused:

This is really starting to get on my nerves and it would be really cool if someone knows what I am doing wrong and could post a reply.

Many, Many, Many thanks

Advertisement