Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade cabinets outside the student shop

Options
  • 08-09-2005 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Who manages the arcade cabinets outside the student shop just near the library? How long have they been there, are they in good condition and are there any others hidden away anywhere? I walked past them earlier but didn't get a chance to play them, any info on them would be appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

well I've never used them but plenty of people do and there never seems to be a problem with them. There's more in the trap in the arts building, along with pool tables :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

ghostchant wrote:
    There's more in the trap in the arts building, along with pool tables :)

What! Where's The Trap (directions pleease?!), is it called the trap because its so good you cant make yourself leave not even for lectures better than las vegas?

was getting fed up with those SU ones tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Here 3 years and I never played any of those arcade machines. They're pretty out of date.

The trap is on the bottom floor of the arts block. Go down to where the lockers are and walk around, it's around there somewhere. There is only about 1 or 2 arcade machines there. Mostly pool tables.
    is it called the trap because its so good you cant make yourself leave not even for lectures better than las vegas?
    Eh... no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah I saw those at the SU shop -- kinda crap! One of them is a tennis game, that's all I remember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

Hey i`m a trap resident, i basically spend A LOT more time down there then in lectures. Its located directly under the Arts Cafe - you'll find many ways of getting to it during the year! Pool tables are alright, u get 3 games for 2.20euro so its cheaper than the Student Bar (3 games for 3euro) You can also dilute your own soft drinks with a liquid of your choice and make a night/day of it! Only about 4 or 5 decent cues for about 8 tables but sure we cant have it all! The other cues are only 3/4 length! haha!

As for the games, the ones beside the SU shop are mainly tennis and soccer arcade games where as the ones in the trap are more sega rally, trucker games and time crisis. There is a great vibe during the year when it gets packed with music cuz most ppl are skipping lectures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

The quickest way to the trap is down the steps beside the sets of steps up to the arts block entrance, covered by the overhang-y thing. There'll be people smoking there most of the time, but nowhere near as many as at the entrance to Hilpers.

Failing that, find the LGs, then Dramsoc, and walk along the corridor opposite front of house until you almost get to the otehr end of the corridor, there are a number of entrances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

I was gonna glue the buttons on those machines outside the SU shop til I noticed the camera pointed down the line of vending machines. Arcade machines in a University ffs. You should be in the bloody library :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andore

Thanks for the info but I'm still wondering who runs them?
    rob1891 wrote:
    I was gonna glue the buttons on those machines outside the SU shop til I noticed the camera pointed down the line of vending machines. Arcade machines in a University ffs. You should be in the bloody library :P

Wow what a ****ty thing to say. If you had your way there'd be no societies, bars or any facilities on campus. Plus the time lost to those machines is infinitesimal compared to the time lost in the bars and I don't think you'd be very popular if you tried to shut them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Syth wrote:
    Here 3 years and I never played any of those arcade machines. They're pretty out of date.
    Ditto. Played a sh*tload of Pool in the Trap though.
    Spent a f**kin fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Andore wrote:

Wow what a ****ty thing to say. If you had your way there'd be no societies, bars or any facilities on campus. Plus the time lost to those machines is infinitesimal compared to the time lost in the bars and I don't think you'd be very popular if you tried to shut them down.
    I am not very popluar as it is, down with that sort of thing. Hang around here during the summer some time, see how nice the place is with out all the filthy students. No queing for lunch, no friggin tutorials, no umpa-lumpas!!

god I hate this place, won't someone kill me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*kills you*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Andore wrote:

No, I agree.

Down with fun!

God Andore! *rolls eyes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andore

Blush_01 wrote:
    No, I agree.

Down with fun!

God Andore! *rolls eyes*

What? Looks like you completely misread my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

*puts on Comic Book Guy voice*

Andore, since we are unfamiliar with sarcasm, I shall close the register at this point :rolleyes:

Advertisement