Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I just got asked to text CONFIRM or CANCEL.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Merged the accommodation thread in here.

All accommodation questions go here!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

I have unexpectedly accepted a place in UL this morning, but didn't have any accommodation booked so I applied this morning and am now on the waiting list....what do people think are my chances of securing a place on campus??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

lc2010 wrote: »
    I have unexpectedly accepted a place in UL this morning, but didn't have any accommodation booked so I applied this morning and am now on the waiting list....what do people think are my chances of securing a place on campus??

Pretty good i'd say last i heard there was some places available in Thomond, Plassey and Cappavilla but i'd fully expect more places to open up in the coming days. I'd provisionally look at somewhere like Brookfield as a last resort just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

hey lads ill be living in cois gruda this coming year for fourth year anyone have any ideas what broadband packages are available there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

exact same boat as u!..just off the phone with them and was told accom is fully booked at the moment but they did put me on a waiting list for campus accomadation...fingers crossed, good luck with your search!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Looks like I'm also on the waiting list.Fingers crossed.

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Looks like I'm also on the waiting list.Fingers crossed.

i reckon we should all bunk up together if we dont get it :P

oh lads sorry bout double posting and all but assuming i dont get campus, which is nicer troy student village or brookfield...and which would suit a 1st yr lookin for some craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

oh lads sorry bout double posting and all but assuming i dont get campus, which is nicer troy student village or brookfield...and which would suit a 1st yr lookin for some craic!

Neither, go to Groody or Courtyard. Same location, similar price, more suitable for a first year

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Neither, go to Groody or Courtyard. Same location, similar price, more suitable for a first year

cool thanks!! why are these places more suitable for first years?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

If we dont campus anywhere then that sounds like a pretty good idea to me!!:D:D

Hopefully we'll all get it though!! Did they say when they'd know if places come up on campus??

yeah the dude said we shall all know in a few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jenjenxx

Ive got thomond, it was da last left! anybody any info on it? like is it a fun place to live?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

jenjenxx wrote: »
    Ive got thomond, it was da last left! anybody any info on it? like is it a fun place to live?? :)

Thomond is one of the quieter villages, however with that said it all depends on the housemates you get. I knew some crazy houses in thomond last year. All the villages are like, just some villages have more crazier houses than others :D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

I think you're on to something there.

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    I think you're on to something there.
    If we dont campus anywhere then that sounds like a pretty good idea to me!!:D:D

2 down :pac:
    waaaaaaaay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

Thomond is like grand. Quiet enough though. Village manager is a pain in the ass though and security seem to be way stricter than cappa. (from my experience of living in thomond last two years anyway)

2 down :pac:
    waaaaaaaay :)

Sounds good. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

cool thanks!! why are these places more suitable for first years?

Well I had friends in Troy and it seemed like there was little or no first years in there. There was also fines for repeated noise making etc. Brookfield is a little further out and generally a little boring from the reports i've heard.

Groody and Courtyard should have a decent amount of first years each and they may be a little more receptive to the party animal student.

All the places mentioned have a similar level of comfort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Kilmurry once again. Can´t waaaiiit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

Is anyone renting a flat or something in the city or have info about something cheap enough for one person or sharing?

Any Kilmurry goers, this was our first year captured in video. Enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=397235119283

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

snazzy wrote: »
    Any Kilmurry goers, this was our first year captured in video. Enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=397235119283

This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.

Yeah, I got Thomond so all's good. Even if it is a bit dearer than my first two choices. >.<

Ahhhh that would be Facebook´s lovely newthorough privacy settings. Give it an ole whirl now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

snazzy wrote: »
    Ahhhh that would be Facebook´s lovely newthorough privacy settings. Give it an ole whirl now.

Did you make that? Its genius haha :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 yupitsme

Can anyone who got accepted into on campus been able to do the online induction today?

I log in but i only get a page sayin that it is booked out even though I got an invoice today???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pkeane

1st year here.. im staying in brookfield hall. seems nice enough and not too pricey. location is a bit outta the way but a shuttle bus every 15 mins to campus should be fine..

whats the atmosphere like in brookfield hall? good decision to stay there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Lily92

Are yu headn into 1st Year??
    I got Thomand too. :D
    Even doe i had plassey nd kilmurry dwn 1st cept i left it rele late to book.
    Spose it is an upgrade but i better be with 1st years coz ill crack odawise.

Advertisement