Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

May have been asked already but im not sure:

Kilmurry 6-Beds (or 8beds for that matter), do they have any double beds or is it all singles?
    Thought i heard somewhere that there are 3 singles and 3 doubles in a 6 bed, with the 8 beds having 4 and 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

snazzy wrote: »
    Any Kilmurry goers, this was our first year captured in video. Enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=397235119283

Hahah i know one off the girls in the video small world !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

May have been asked already but im not sure:

Kilmurry 6-Beds (or 8beds for that matter), do they have any double beds or is it all singles?
    Thought i heard somewhere that there are 3 singles and 3 doubles in a 6 bed, with the 8 beds having 4 and 4?

half the beds are doubles half arent in kilmurry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bigrob

pkeane wrote: »
    1st year here.. im staying in brookfield hall. seems nice enough and not too pricey. location is a bit outta the way but a shuttle bus every 15 mins to campus should be fine..

whats the atmosphere like in brookfield hall? good decision to stay there?

Yeah I'm staying there aswell, it's nice enough and Sky Movies and Sky Sports in each apartment so can't really complain!
    I'll probably be spending most of the day on campus so the shuttle bus is real handy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

I'm still bloody homeless, haha :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jenjenxx

yeah heading in to first 2! hope theres lots of 1st years aound me in thomond! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Lily92

i was worried bout the same thing. Ive seen a few on dis now.. nd know one frm around here so we will be all good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

lc2010 wrote: »
    I have unexpectedly accepted a place in UL this morning, but didn't have any accommodation booked so I applied this morning and am now on the waiting list....what do people think are my chances of securing a place on campus??

ive been on that list since last monday wen you were alowed apply for it and everytime they told me ring back they put it off two more days and now it was put to next week which is abit late so i went to limerick this morning and got a place with a mate in groody.

anyone stayed there before? was flicking threw pages and only seen a post from 2005

Noooow, i found ads bout groody and will call them tomorrow- i have to get something like!
    What no. house are you in? There is ad bout 66 and 68 ;)

pe-cze wrote: »
    Noooow, i found ads bout groody and will call them tomorrow- i have to get something like!
    What no. house are you in? There is ad bout 66 and 68 ;)

me and a friend got 2 rooms in the 6 bed apartments in ap 58 i think. theres still free rooms there too because we got first choice this morning :D

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    me and a friend got 2 rooms in the 6 bed apartments in ap 58 i think. theres still free rooms there too because we got first choice this morning :D

Brill! I will call them and hopefully I won't be homeless anymore :P HOw is it anyway? Are the rooms ok? Ensuite? Tell me everything :P

Brill! I will call them and hopefully I won't be homeless anymore :P HOw is it anyway? Are the rooms ok? Ensuite? Tell me everything :P

there all owned by different people so i think you'l need different numbers. the management staff in the reception are described to me as stupid.
    the 6 bed apt are double bed ensuite with broadband and washer/dryer
    3 beds dont have en suite
    there nice apartments, wel the one i got is anyway

I have contact to Kieran or Jim so I will see how it goes. Maybe we will be neighbours ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

i took groody looked nice

and my mammy rathered it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Lily92

any1 book into thomand 2day??

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

anyone stayin in college court this year?!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Got a double bed in an 8 bed in kilmurry....cant wait to get started now :) Could anyone tell me what the story is with the internet in kilmurry, would it be worth buying a router with wireless and just put a password on it, instead of just using the access point in your room??

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I lived in Kilmurry last year.
    I don´t think it´s worth the hassle.
    The lead stretches as far as the bed and you´d be doing most of your work at your desk anyway.
    If you live near the village hall, you can actually pick up wireless. I found this out in my final two weeks last semester!

There´s free wi-fi around campus anyway so I wouldn´t see the point, Save your money for other things you can waste it on... like the Lodge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I've got a room free in College Court. If anybody is interested PM me immediately as I need to fill it ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

i took groody looked nice

and my mammy rathered it :P

Think I could be in groody aswell,won't know for sure before thursday :( .I might see you there :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gloryutd

Just thought I'd say the difference in the houses in plassey is amazing. My friend and I wanted to go in together, did everything right in january etc, rang up to confirm it and all that. Arrived yesterday and we were in different houses. Mine was very old looking inside. Seats were torn, table had holes in it, cobwebs everywhere, spiders on my bed. His was completely new inside. He had a large lcd tv in comparison to my small crt. The seating was way better, new carpets, sinks in rooms were completely different, new fridge, new and improved everything. Needless to say I got myself switched to be in with him as was originally planned. Obviously I'm happy out but it's shocking that there is no variation in price for the two places. If I was in my original one and a month down the line walked into another newer, nicer place I'd be sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Think I could be in groody aswell,won't know for sure before thursday :( .I might see you there :D

sure say you know me!..woman said if i know anyone tell her!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

sure say you know me!..woman said if i know anyone tell her!

Ya I'll definetly mention it to her,what's your name actually so I can tell her haha?PM me.

OMG, called about 60 people today and got 3 rooms- all singles and the housemates are all males. Kill me.

OMG, called about 60 people today and got 3 rooms- all singles and the housemates are all males. Kill me.

i'm sure you'd only love that:eek::p:p

garv123 wrote: »
    i'm sure you'd only love that:eek::p:p

:D

Shh :P The problrm is that I would have to lie to my fiancee that there is a girl there and when he comes or whatever 'Ahhh, she just moved out!'. Kill me, seriously!

Shh :P The problrm is that I would have to lie to my fiancee that there is a girl there and when he comes or whatever 'Ahhh, she just moved out!'. Kill me, seriously!

Fresher with a Fiancee?:S

Ah well, its a long and bloody story haha (dont ask).
    Yes, I am proudly stating that I am taken woma, engaged to be married.
    Erhm, when he comes out of Midlands Prison.

And I do like to have fun, lalala ;D

NOW, who is in Groody? I might get a place there! Does anyone have info on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Ah well, its a long and bloody story haha (dont ask).
    Yes, I am proudly stating that I am taken woma, engaged to be married.
    Erhm, when he comes out of Midlands Prison.

And I do like to have fun, lalala ;D

NOW, who is in Groody? I might get a place there! Does anyone have info on it?

Groody?
    Deposit €400
    1st semester payment €2130
    2nd semester payment €1360

Deposit refunded subject to inspection of house, possibly overuse of electricity etc.

Groody is across the road from an off license (always handy), Subway, Four Seasons Pizza & Kebabs, restaurant, Groody Bar, and a 10min walk from Aldi. It is about a 20-25min walk from UL.

Advertisement