Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

Thanks! I just got the room today, but i paid like 692e - deposit and one month.
    Anyways, it looks well. Bit too far from UL!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

You must be dealing with a private person as oppose to the Groody management so... You get use to the distance after a while... If nothing else it will keep you fit! haha On the way home from UL you can catch the city centre bus which runs every 20mins for €1.60 and get off at the roundabout near groody. Shortens the trip big time!

TheTownie wrote: »
    On the way home from UL you can catch the city centre bus which runs every 20mins for €1.60 and get off at the roundabout near groody. Shortens the trip big time!

Thanks a million! Where are you living?

Groody this year! :) Was in Courtyard last year which adds another 5mins to the walk so Groody was too good to turn down this year. (Being a stone's throw from the offie was also an influence :P)

Cool, we can meet up for a pint sometime ;D What number- I promise I won't stalk you :P

• Advertisement

You think I would know by now! haha :D... Never took too much notice of that confirmation letter, must have a rummage round to find it sometime soon...

Haha, i'm 66 so everybody - feel free ;)

House Party Sunday Nite 66 Groody! spread the word ! ......lol :D

hahaha, great stuff :P

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

House Party Sunday Nite 66 Groody! spread the word ! ......lol :D

+1 count me in:)

• Advertisement

So what if I have a 9am start Monday! lol Ive done it before by god I'll do it again! :P (pe-cze gona get an awful shock when we turn up sunday lol)

Oh my God :P I mean you can come individually :P

pe-cze wrote: »
    Oh my God :P I mean you can come individually :P

I think you need to brush up on your definition of "House Party" haha :P
    (How long before we get kicked out for being off topic! lmao)

God, what have I done!

pe-cze wrote: »
    God, what have I done!

please god EVERYBODY will arrive at yer door around half 10....a good 70 ppl standin there expectin a mad aul jive for the night:D

I have to move out now :P

EVERYBODY will arrive at yer door around half 10

What house parties do you go to? As soon as your in the door you would be leaving again for the lodge or town! Nah anyone reading it starts 8 - 8.30pm! bring your own drink! sorted! (Groody alone would attract a good lot of peeps!)

What house parties do you go to? As soon as your in the door you would be leaving again for the lodge or town! Nah anyone reading it starts 8 - 8.30pm! bring your own drink! sorted! (Groody alone would attract a good lot of peeps!)

Its not a houseparty if ya leave befor 2!!! Drinkin in a house beforehand is jus starters....not really houseparty in the true sense of the word??
    Guess things are done differently down there:S

Well your gonna have to get use to a new routine in Limerick, start usually 8-8.30 even 9 at the latest so you'll leave the house at 11-11.30 (if you leave it till 12 you won't get in anywhere!) nice and drunk even mouldy if you wish then into the clubs and bop around for rest of the night without needing another drink (though that rarely happens).

Well your gonna have to get use to a new routine in Limerick, start usually 8-8.30 even 9 at the latest so you'll leave the house at 11-11.30 (if you leave it till 12 you won't get in anywhere!) nice and drunk even mouldy if you wish then into the clubs and bop around for rest of the night without needing another drink (though that rarely happens).

Yeah pretty much the exact same up here in Galway but if its a houseparty (like proper all night houseparty) ya leave it till later b4 ya start so your not the first group to arrive:) ...then ya stay all night:D

You out tomorrow night?

• Advertisement

Fair enough, I did go to some house parties last year where we just drank all night till about 6 or 7 then passed out, so that does happen!

Not tomorrow sham no, not in Limerick until Sunday. Tonight would be much better night out in Limerick than tomorrow night, Lodge or Molly's tomorrow night though should be a good laff.

Fair enough, I did go to some house parties last year where we just drank all night till about 6 or 7 then passed out, so that does happen!

Not tomorrow sham no, not in Limerick until Sunday. Tonight would be much better night out in Limerick than tomorrow night, Lodge or Molly's tomorrow night though should be a good laff.

Bah why is nobody out tommorrow:(
    housemates better be in tho....dyin to see who im livin with:cool:

housemates better be in tho....dyin to see who im livin with:cool:

Me too! I was told I'm living with 4 guys and they're coming down tomorrow. We have one room left, hopefully it will be a girl!

Don't get your hopes up too much, they could be great housemates or they could be muppets! Just the luck of the draw really... Last semester I was living in Courtyard with two spanish.... wasn't too much fun I can tell you!

muppets or buzzers....still dyin to find out...

don't wanna arrive in to the house and find it completely empty....again!

on that note, is everyone elses house pretty **** too? I know the fixtures and fittings, etc are gonna be crappy quality but theres a serious amount of stuff missing from the inventory or broken in No77...
    for a house thats costin well over 3 grand a year you think they'd at least check the inventory before givin us the keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

my house is quite nice in groody. newly painted this year too. each if the blocks were invested by different people. the 2 in my block are very well kept :D
    saw them last sunday morning at 9. had to leave at half 7 from here::mad: ( waterford)

i see a good few people here are staying in groody.
    its bout 5 mins walk to the college and then from the college gate its like 10 mins :L

We Takin' Over! One Thread at a Time!

Holla if ya know that tune! lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

All I can say is it's good to be back in Cappavilla.

I've lived in Kilmurry, Cappavilla and Groody plus spent a lot of time in Drumroe, Courtyard, Oaklawns and College Court and all I can say is Cappavilla comfortably beats them all out the gate.

The best place to live in UL imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Woo!I finally got my accomodation sorted.Stayin in Groody.Happy with my place,got a double bed and an en suite :D

• Advertisement

We should rename this thread "Groody Central" ! :D

Advertisement