Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

nobody still without accomodation no? i'm still tryin a fill a room in college court and am fairly shi**in it right about now cause of the extra rent i could have to pay

any advice on how to fill it at this point other than the usual daft.ie/ask around method? i'm not in limerick til sunday but i told the lad thats already there to go around putting up ads, i doubt he did though. at this point if someone has a terrible housemate they know they won't be able to live with for the year they could just kick them out and put them in with me :). feel free to pm me

I hope this hasn't been to big a breach of the advertising rules but this is the accomodation thread and in fairness the Third Level Acc forum just seems a bit more out of the way, plus i think i'm screwed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Woo!I finally got my accomodation sorted.Stayin in Groody.Happy with my place,got a double bed and an en suite :D

Hi neighbour!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

pe-cze wrote: »
    Hi neighbour!

Hey neighbour,i'm looking forward to moving in and meetin everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ciaran12 wrote: »
    nobody still without accomodation no? i'm still tryin a fill a room in college court and am fairly shi**in it right about now cause of the extra rent i could have to pay

any advice on how to fill it at this point other than the usual daft.ie/ask around method? i'm not in limerick til sunday but i told the lad thats already there to go around putting up ads, i doubt he did though. at this point if someone has a terrible housemate they know they won't be able to live with for the year they could just kick them out and put them in with me :). feel free to pm me

I hope this hasn't been to big a breach of the advertising rules but this is the accomodation thread and in fairness the Third Level Acc forum just seems a bit more out of the way, plus i think i'm screwed!

did you sign a lease saying the entire house's rent is your responsibility? if not and the landlord is trying to make you do that just threaten to move out there were hordes of empty houses last year id say he would rather having some of the rooms filled then none

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

Anyone know what time the reception in Dromroe is open at tomorrow to move in? Online it says 5pm for regular academic year opening hours but I imagine it's different for this week?

Any help would be great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

Anyone know what time the reception in Dromroe is open at tomorrow to move in? Online it says 5pm for regular academic year opening hours but I imagine it's different for this week?

Any help would be great!

from the letter I got a few weeks ago - 'Sunday 5th September from 2pm til 8pm'

mid wrote: »
    from the letter I got a few weeks ago - 'Sunday 5th September from 2pm til 8pm'

Thanks for that. Ya I had the letter somewhere but couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Hi guys, just one note, and I'll start another thread on it. There is a BIG STYLE clampdown on anti-social behaviour this year after the threatened one last year didn't work.

There have already been 4 people evicted from Kilmurry and Plassey and the evictions will continue.

So do have a bit of cop-on, there is no need to get so wasted that you give the village manager abuse and get a warning without remembering the following day. That's not funny, it's scary, particularly when you've got to make a call to your parents to tell them you've been evicted.

Breaking bottles and having food-fights is not a good idea, and is going to cost you deposit deductions.

I can do very little to represent students causing damage when I am given an itemised bill of damages and have an incident report from security sitting on my desk.

Landlords don't like evicting people, they don't even want the hassle of getting people in to fix damage caused by tenants, so keep your house neat, CLOSE THE DOORS AND WINDOWS if you have a good few friends about to keep the noise in, it makes a MASSIVE difference.

Please also be mindful that there is an €80 fine for drinking in public, and yes, the University campus is a public area.

Also, try and remember that other people are trying to sleep while you make your way home, so there's no need to shout at the person 2 steps ahead of you.

Sorry to sound preachy, but it would make my life and Viv's (as well as the University's - They're mainly on the students' side too) life a whole lot easier. We've already got residents complaining, and if they do happen to figure out who you are, the University has now made them aware of how to complain about you so that you could end up with anti-social behaviour on your record.

Put it this way, everyone is getting sick of the ****, and all they're looking for is a bit of cop-on and common decency, which isn't a major task for the vast majority of students in the sober form, but that majority wains when there's alcohol or other substances involved.

We have enough trouble trying to get SOME people to accept students are normal people too, without SOME students going out and giving these people ammunition

PLEASE, take it handy, and spread the word;)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

great post ninty not all students are like that but it only takes one or 2 to fU€k every thing up .

a small Q for ya what is the story with drinking in the Su courtyard with it being between 2 pubs and there being some radius which you are allowed to drink out side pubs is it permissible to drink in that area of the college .

also any chance of a return of the byob (Bring your own Beer ) gig's in the su common room that we had in 08/09

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

mayo_lad wrote: »
    great post ninty not all students are like that but it only takes one or 2 to fU€k every thing up .

a small Q for ya what is the story with drinking in the Su courtyard with it being between 2 pubs and there being some radius which you are allowed to drink out side pubs is it permissible to drink in that area of the college .

also any chance of a return of the byob (Bring your own Beer ) gig's in the su common room that we had in 08/09

The University appears to "not object" to the Courtyard as a designated drinking area as it is enclosed, however the Library lawn is not such an area.

BYOB in the Common Room was not an authorised event, but was a through the night charity gig where there was no checks on the way in. The Common Room was an unpleasant place to be for a number of days afterwards. As a workplace ULSU is subject to restrictions in the interests of the health and safety of our staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

so what ye make of groody?
    theres 3 of us in a 6bed app.
    no electric shower sucks alot though :(
    and the internets fcuking sh!teee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Ya I'm in 3 bedroom in Groody, pity about the broadband being terrible, a dial-up connection would be faster. Might have to invest in a mobile dongle... Like the apartment though, also like having sky sports 1 :D

TheTownie wrote: »
    Ya I'm in 3 bedroom in Groody, pity about the broadband being terrible, a dial-up connection would be faster. Might have to invest in a mobile dongle... Like the apartment though, also like having sky sports 1 :D
    there lovely places but the internet is a joke like. i prob will have to try 3 times for this comment to save. surely it can be improved. think the landlord will have to be given out to for telling us its highspeed wireless broadband.
    its not even wireless.

sky1 is good to have but he also told us we had full sky :mad:
    bout 8 channels that are very broken and blurry.
    inbetweeners new series starting tonight and no channels to watch it ::(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

I know most of you are sorted for accomidation but just in case that any of you are looking for or know someone who is looking for a place, I have 1 room to let in The Pines, Briarfield.

€220 A month (€55p/w). 25 Mbs Uncapped Broadband, UPC TV. All other mod cons.

If your interested pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

garv123 wrote: »
    so what ye make of groody?
    theres 3 of us in a 6bed app.
    no electric shower sucks alot though :(
    and the internets fcuking sh!teee

Ya the internet is pure ****e.The shower is annoyin cos im always hittin my elbow off it which turns up the temperature nd i get boiled alive haha.Apart from that I kinda like it here.

For all you Groody haters recently (me included :D), seems they have fixed the broadband issue. It is now up to a respectable level so happy days! :cool:
    Just goes to show nagging really does work! :p

TheTownie wrote: »
    For all you Groody haters recently (me included :D), seems they have fixed the broadband issue. It is now up to a respectable level so happy days! :cool:
    Just goes to show nagging really does work! :p

it better last. it was so slow i cudnt post here coz it would time out.
    our apartments are the nicest ive seen so far out of all the ones around the college:rolleyes:

Had a 4Mb/s rapidshare download in dromroe last night. Been up around those figures all week.

Is there no wireless in Groody?

pe-cze wrote: »
    Is there no wireless in Groody?

Sorry pe-cze no wireless! just glad to have decent wired broadband at last!

• Advertisement

grrr... I have no wire with me! Have to be in library to use the internet!

What a sickner! with a wire you can lie in bed with a hangover like I am right now :D

Thanks for making me feel better!
    Turn on the thing on your laptop so I can connect to it and I will lay next to you, happy out with the Internet, ahahaha ;)

Wish I knew what that "thing" was! haha :p

Hahaha, it sounds so bad, sorry! LAN or Bluetooth or whatever its called :P

No bluetooth :( LAN?? don't think thats it! sure we'll just keep pressin buttons till something works! :P

Im all zips 2day, no buttons :P:P:P
    Will I leave the library so? Haha ;)

haha I won't stop ya I'm here all day :cool:

theres a pc world when u go to the main roundabout and turn left. first shopping centre u see just up from aldi but on the left. a decent length of wire would be 6 euro id say.
    ive my own wireless router with me:D

• Advertisement

Set it up and we can all use it :P

Advertisement