Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lolzers

Brookfield have dropped their rent rate to €79 a week,,great news...extra money for hitting town,,,cant wait now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 4onthefloor

OK guys looking for a third person t move into an apartment in town?! Lovely spot, double rooms spacious enough for only 48pw. Anyone interested!? Guy or Girl, doesnt matter as long as your tidy!! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 charleywhite

Hi everyone, does anyone know of any houses/landlords who will allow me to bring my dog? I'm going into 2nd year in UL as a mature student and can't just give her away. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alright_dave

What is Dromroe like?

Is it true very little first years stay there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

When do I pay my first Kilmurry installment, on the 28th when I check in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 mty92

Ok heading into first UL staying in Cappavilla Village.

Right hit me, what all should I expect??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Put Plassey as my first choice so should get it, I think since I confirmed it through the phone so I'm just betting on that :)

Anyway, I was wondering what has everyone got through their e-mails about accommodation so far and what do I need to bring with me on the 28th (besides my stuff)??

Had a last minute change of mind and went for Parkview Hall. Little bit further from campus but I have a service station, ATM and Aldi on my doorstep and get a nice 3-room place for 55 a week, only have to pay the electricity bill. Delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Had a last minute change of mind and went for Parkview Hall. Little bit further from campus but I have a service station, ATM and Aldi on my doorstep and get a nice 3-room place for 55 a week, only have to pay the electricity bill. Delighted :D
    55 a week doesnt sound like it pays for internet, waste collection or tv channels.

garv123 wrote: »
    55 a week doesnt sound like it pays for internet, waste collection or tv channels.
    220 a month, get all that. It's a steal. The only downside is that I'm a good 15-20 minute walk from the college, there's a shuttle bus nearby though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maconof

Have an extra room available in Groody in a four bed house if anyone is interested? Only 50€ a week in a brand new house!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Thinking of going for the same place. I sent the landlord an email there yesterday.. Did you go and view it?

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Thinking of going for the same place. I sent the landlord an email there yesterday.. Did you go and view it?
    Yeah, place seemed to be in good condition, spacious kitchen/living room, fridge/freezer is a good size, definitely enough for 3 people I reckon. Hotpress and storage room, place for bicycles. The bedrooms are small though, at least the single ones I saw. Really just space for the desk and bed and not much more. If you haven't seen them already there are pics here. I'm just hoping everything goes alright now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭joey12

220 a month, get all that. It's a steal. The only downside is that I'm a good 15-20 minute walk from the college, there's a shuttle bus nearby though.

Ya must be sprinting to get from there in that time. I'd say 30+ at least, I didn't know they had a shuttle bus just thought it was the city bus that past there

I'm a pretty fast walker. Plan on using the bike anyway. The tradeoff is worth it either way for me. Saving a huge amount of money.

Ah of course I'm being slightly optimistic but I can't complain if I get it for the price! I like walking anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭joey12

I'm a pretty fast walker. Plan on using the bike anyway. The tradeoff is worth it either way for me. Saving a huge amount of money.

Ah of course I'm being slightly optimistic but I can't complain if I get it for the price! I like walking anyway :P

Thats the spirit!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

joey12 wrote: »

Ya must be sprinting to get from there in that time. I'd say 30+ at least, I didn't know they had a shuttle bus just thought it was the city bus that past there

Pretty sure it's not a shuttle bus, just a city one.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Is Milford Grange a good place to live for a 1st year? Are there many parties there?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

Anyone know if Plassey rooms provide Ethernet cables for the internet or do we need to bring them? And any reasons why wireless routers are forbidden?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Staying in Castleroy myself,
    Missed out on Plassey and Kilmurry accom cos I applied for them about a week ago :o
    Place I'm staying now is a 10/15 minute walk from UL,
    300 monthly for a house with mod cons, room has ensuite, holds 7 but I'd be surprised if he gets anyone else at this stage so there's only two of us in this huge house at the moment.
    Anyone who knows Limerick might know where I am now when I say it's across the way from a Superquinn and a Cinema.
    Nice spot, might get a bike as I don't think I'll be walking home in packs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

njd2010 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Plassey rooms provide Ethernet cables for the internet or do we need to bring them? And any reasons why wireless routers are forbidden?

They'd be in every bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dontgothere

Is Milford Grange a good place to live for a 1st year? Are there many parties there?

Milford grange is a funny sort of place, lived in avignon section for a year, nothing much happened there. We were living next to an old woman who loved complaining everyone.

Lots of families living there, so would be worth checking out who your neighbors are! =]

Just a note to anyone interested in Parkview Hall, walked from the flagpoles to the apartments with some shopping bags, took about 20 minutes for me. I walk speedy enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

you should be more worried about studying then parties

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Jester252 wrote: »

maybe that's his point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

long shot but i've a place in milford heidelberg lovely house 55 a week, need two people. guarnatee good craic ;)

message me!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Milford grange is a funny sort of place, lived in avignon section for a year, nothing much happened there. We were living next to an old woman who loved complaining everyone.

Lots of families living there, so would be worth checking out who your neighbors are! =]

Think we have families living on either side of us so landlord warned us that we couldn't have house parties. :(

Jester252 wrote: »

You raise a valid point I guess, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Just a note to anyone interested in Parkview Hall, walked from the flagpoles to the apartments with some shopping bags, took about 20 minutes for me. I walk speedy enough though.

That sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Thanks for the info :D.. will hopefully be moving some of my stuff in tomorrow.. won't be moving in properly til sunday evening though cause i have work at home..
    Much buzz over there?

• Advertisement

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Thanks for the info :D.. will hopefully be moving some of my stuff in tomorrow.. won't be moving in properly til sunday evening though cause i have work at home..
    Much buzz over there?
    Nah, it's quiet enough, no wild parties or anything, which is a good thing in my books because you can head out to the other places if you want to have fun but then come back to a nice, quiet house.

Advertisement