Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭seen2Bgreen

If its parties you want, then elm park is your best bet but anywhere across from superquinn is good craic too. The residents have really come down on the parties in Milford. A few landlords were taken to court last year and they have the cops out in minutes if theres a hint of a party. Loads of families and UL staff living there now since the villages went up on campus. Tbh the villages are your better option overall. Near the pubs, shops and Uni etc etc. Kilmurry isnt the newest but the craic is mighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

njd2010 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Plassey rooms provide Ethernet cables for the internet or do we need to bring them? And any reasons why wireless routers are forbidden?

Solution: Wireless router + Hidden network.

If they come looking, just say your used you laptop to share your internet connection. Or you could just do that altogether :D
    long shot but i've a place in milford heidelberg lovely house 55 a week, need two people. guarnatee good craic ;)

message me!

Could you give me a link to the place/pictures? Got offered Mech Engineering and I need a place to stay.
    Is Milford Grange a good place to live for a 1st year? Are there many parties there?

Link anyone?
    Staying in Castleroy myself,
    Missed out on Plassey and Kilmurry accom cos I applied for them about a week ago :o
    Place I'm staying now is a 10/15 minute walk from UL,
    300 monthly for a house with mod cons, room has ensuite, holds 7 but I'd be surprised if he gets anyone else at this stage so there's only two of us in this huge house at the moment.
    Anyone who knows Limerick might know where I am now when I say it's across the way from a Superquinn and a Cinema.
    Nice spot, might get a bike as I don't think I'll be walking home in packs...

Any chance of pics or landlords phone number?
    Cydoniac wrote: »
    Just a note to anyone interested in Parkview Hall, walked from the flagpoles to the apartments with some shopping bags, took about 20 minutes for me. I walk speedy enough though.

Link/Pictures?

Think the lads up on campus would take a bribe to get me to the top of the waiting list? :D

maconof wrote: »
    Have an extra room available in Groody in a four bed house if anyone is interested? Only 50€ a week in a brand new house!
    Interested. Any chance of pictures?

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Looked at them and considered them for a while, another boards.ie user recommended them.

No ensuite and it's pretty far from UL. My dad says it's the "wrong side of the bridge" also (he means the train tracks).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Looked at them and considered them for a while, another boards.ie user recommended them.

No ensuite and it's pretty far from UL. My dad says it's the "wrong side of the bridge" also (he means the train tracks).
    Yeah, it's definitely a good walk from the college. You could find closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

Moved into a 3 bed apartment in Groody Student Park there last week. First impressions are generally good. Decent size bedroom with a double bed that could fit 3 easily enough :p Overall the place is well furnished with an average enough kitchen. Location wise tis handy too, being near the 24-hour Daybreak, Next Door and Subway etc.. Only downside seems to be the internet connection :( Speeds were barely reaching the 1mb mark there last week. Anyone else find this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Moved into a 3 bed apartment in Groody Student Park there last week. First impressions are generally good. Decent size bedroom with a double bed that could fit 3 easily enough :p Overall the place is well furnished with an average enough kitchen. Location wise tis handy too, being near the 24-hour Daybreak, Next Door and Subway etc.. Only downside seems to be the internet connection :( Speeds were barely reaching the 1mb mark there last week. Anyone else find this?

it is not in a handy location :p you'll find this out soon enough when it comes to walking in in the pissing rain and snow.
    stayed there last year and the internet was sh!te for the first 2 weeks and then they fixed it and it improved. still wasnt great though

garv123 wrote: »
    it is not in a handy location :p you'll find this out soon enough when it comes to walking in in the pissing rain and snow.
    stayed there last year and the internet was sh!te for the first 2 weeks and then they fixed it and it improved. still wasnt great though
    Where are you staying now?

Where are you staying now?

heidlberg milford grange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Any chance of pics or landlords phone number?

9 The Beaches, Castletroy
    Should be on Daft.ie and Rent.ie
    300 Monthly with En Suite
    280 Without it,
    Only 2 people living here (inc. me) and sleeps 7.

He asked me to try and get people to stay here so he shouldn't mind me publicizing his number.

Seamus -

Specify 9 The Beaches now because he's renting one at 3 The Beaches as well, and we're lonely up here... :P

Plus you can always look and leave if you dont like it, there's a few other places left in the vicinity too.

It's a 15 minute walk to the gates of UL, but prime place for doing your shopping. i.e. Superquinn right across the way, 4/5 minute walk tops, for another 3 minutes you have yourself a Centra and a Lidl, and a stationary shop actually.
    The place Superquinn is situated in is actually a shopping centre which hosts a Pharmacy, Meteor Shop, a coffee shop/cafe and a Champion Sports.
    Also a few Fast Food places nearby, again, 5 minute walk tops.
    An AIB bank thing nearby, never actually been in there,
    And an Off License, again, 5 minute walk.
    Nice if you want to get a bus into city, if the buses turn up on time, as you're 5 minutes from the bus that goes to the city centre too.

Only thing is, it seems to be quite a way from any nearby pubs.
    Now I've only been here two weeks, this is my third, and I haven't a notion where any of the Pubs/Nightclubs are, but I haven't seen any in the immediate area, then again, I haven't been looking.
    I know the names of a few places, but not their location :/

I should get paid for this, advertising and whatnot.
    Or at least a discount off my monthly payments :rolleyes:

Thanks, but I'm in Groody now. Not too bad at all, the room mates are sound and doing the same course :D

9 The Beaches, Castletroy

Only thing is, it seems to be quite a way from any nearby pubs.
    Now I've only been here two weeks, this is my third, and I haven't a notion where any of the Pubs/Nightclubs are, but I haven't seen any in the immediate area, then again, I haven't been looking.
    I know the names of a few places, but not their location :/

I should get paid for this, advertising and whatnot.
    Or at least a discount off my monthly payments :rolleyes:

i you live near superquin you are less than a 5 minute walk from the lodge which is the opposite side of the roundabout to it and the hurlers bar is right near that too down past superdine.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

Wheres best place to find temp accomodation ? I'm talkin movin in in wk 5-6 until after christmas exams ? or is this not really an option ? cheers for any info

Pablo_ wrote: »
    Wheres best place to find temp accomodation ? I'm talkin movin in in wk 5-6 until after christmas exams ? or is this not really an option ? cheers for any info
    Groody, they won't charge you for the weeks ur not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Again, my post a stones throw back,
    Just tell him how long you're staying,
    300 deposit,
    Believe you get it back at the end,
    Should be alright

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Living in Groody Student Park. It's about a 10 minute walk from the gates of. The bedrooms are very large compared to any of the other places i have been. The kitchen is also a good size. Double beds in each bedroom as well. We got a 'corner house' so it's a small bit bigger than others. There is plenty of parking around if you drive. Just outside it there is a pub, off licence, subway, chinese, pizza place and a bookmakers. It is about a 5/6 minute walk from aldi and 4 minute walk from the 24hr daybreak and supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

got told by my housemate that house inspections are gonna happen soon in drumroe. whats the story with these can you be fined if house is damaged or dirty( not that ours is, we're all clean freaks). can they search or rooms to and if so how thoroughly.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    got told by my housemate that house inspections are gonna happen soon in drumroe. whats the story with these can you be fined if house is damaged or dirty( not that ours is, we're all clean freaks).

You can't get fined but if it falls below their standards, contract cleaners will be brought in to clear your mess up and the cost will be taken out of the damage deposit.
    can they search or rooms to and if so how thoroughly.?

You should've gotten an email from Jane Toomey saying what they will check during inspection. Check the email you used to register with CLS.

nope, no email. but my housemates might have got them so i'll ask them.

• Advertisement

Its only an inspection to make sure the place is clean and no damage is done.
    sounds like youve something to hide:rolleyes: they wont go smashing lamps looking for stuff. just dont leave any bags on ammm.. herbs left on your locker :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Have you got something to hide

Jester252 wrote: »
    Have you got something to hide

nope, nothing at all

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Alqua

Hope it's ok to post this in this thread! Have to move out for placement and have a room available in The Birches - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056420814
    PM me for more info!

Anyone know if the application/booking deposit for on-campus accommodation is refundable if, you don't get offered a place? I applied for a room(autumn semester) over the summer and never got offered a place. I've emailed them about cancelling my application in order to get a refund but haven't got a reply.

However I found this on their website earlier on:

"in the event where a room is cancelled prior to 19 August 2011, the booking deposit will be refunded minus €50.00 administration fee. Booking deposits are non refundable after that date unless there are extenuating circumstances. " :confused:

They'll surely give me a partial refund considering I wasn't even offered a place?

Anyone know if the application/booking deposit for on-campus accommodation is refundable if, you don't get offered a place? I applied for a room(autumn semester) over the summer and never got offered a place. I've emailed them about cancelling my application in order to get a refund but haven't got a reply.

However I found this on their website earlier on:

"in the event where a room is cancelled prior to 19 August 2011, the booking deposit will be refunded minus €50.00 administration fee. Booking deposits are non refundable after that date unless there are extenuating circumstances. " :confused:

They'll surely give me a partial refund considering I wasn't even offered a place?

if you werent offered a place they email you and return the money. if you paid by credit card it will be returned to that.

garv123 wrote: »
    if you werent offered a place they email you and return the money. if you paid by credit card it will be returned to that.

Thanks for the reply! They never emailed and I never got the cash returned to my account. This is after they basically told me it would be unlikely that I'd get a place at the end of August. I suppose I should just call into office altogether :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sandwiches

Anyone who's been living in Parkview Hall mind letting me know how you're liking it? I've been in Plassey, was planning on going to Brookfield next yeah but the financial situation went from bad to worse so I think I'll have to put up with the walk! The website is fairly vague, any of the apartments have double beds or en suites?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Sandwiches wrote: »
    Anyone who's been living in Parkview Hall mind letting me know how you're liking it? I've been in Plassey, was planning on going to Brookfield next yeah but the financial situation went from bad to worse so I think I'll have to put up with the walk! The website is fairly vague, any of the apartments have double beds or en suites?

They have a bus if that helps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Sandwiches

They have a bus if that helps?

A shuttle bus or is it that the bus eireann one? I have a bike so the commute isn't really a deal breaker, but I'm still curious to find out how people are liking it since it seems to be so much cheaper than Brookfield.

Advertisement