Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Anyone know of any landlords that would take on people for just the first semester? looking hard to find somewhere with co-op in the second semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MCCH

garv123 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any landlords that would take on people for just the first semester? looking hard to find somewhere with co-op in the second semester.

they do in places like groody and courtyard i think!

MCCH wrote: »
    they do in places like groody and courtyard i think!

Lived in groody in first year and would rather find somewhere closer if possible..
    It takes an awful lot of will power to get out of bed at half 8 to walk in when the rain is hammering down

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MFlan

I'm looking for accommodation so if anyone has a room they're looking to fill, pm me the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 limeriklady

college court is a fab place to live much nicer than milford grange!houses about 800 to rent well when i was there anyway...2005!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Olek

Hello,
    I'm an international student (coming on Erasmus for just the first semester) and I was looking for a nice place to live while there.
    When i got accepted, on-campus accomodation was already full so I was wondering if someone could point me to good off-campus place. I'm 4th year and don't want to pay more than 2000 Euro for whole thing with accomodation.
    I've read about Brookfield and Courtyard, but I'm open for suggestions:)
    Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

Hello, me and friend are going to college...

My in UL an my friend in Mary I but we want to live together . Is this possible or are the two colleges too far away?

Thanks in advance...

My in UL an my friend in Mary I but we want to live together . Is this possible or are the two colleges too far away?

Thanks in advance...

Are any of ye driving? Even if one of ye are tis an awful lot of hassle with the the traffic of trying to travel though the city and then the traffic at the college.

You'll have to leave over an hour early for each one in the mornings. It can take 20 minutes in traffic to get from the groody roundabout and into UL some mornings. ive often walked faster in than cars waiting in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

Are any of ye driving? Even if one of ye are tis an awful lot of hassle with the the traffic of trying to travel though the city and then the traffic at the college.

You'll have to leave over an hour early for each one in the mornings. It can take 20 minutes in traffic to get from the groody roundabout and into UL some mornings. ive often walked faster in than cars waiting in traffic.

No not driving..

It seems if its going to take that long that its not a good idea to live together then is it ?

No not driving..

It seems if its going to take that long that its not a good idea to live together then is it ?

Nope not a good idea at all. 6.6km walk according to google maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

Thanks in advance...

Don't...I moved down to college into an on campus house with nobody I knew, made a whole host of new friends within a week, you'll be grand in there!

You'll be up at all hours of the morning trying to commute to college on time, the traffic around UL is absolutely brutal in the evenings too. Maybe it looks okay on paper but its hard enough to drag yourself out of bed for the walk through campus never mind across town !

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

Thanks in advance...

Hey Blink182rock, I saw your post up on the Mary I forum. I have to say that there are definitely going to be a few issues in terms of distance but there is one great way of avoiding the cost of taxis/public transport etc. and heavy traffic in the mornings - a bike. There are some great bike lanes between UL and Mary I, and with a bit of practice and a decent bicycle (It doesn't have to break the bank!:)), you can make short work of distances and time delays...

Having a car around UL or Mary I can be more hassle than it's worth (tickets/spaces/traffic) but investing in a bike might mean that you don't have to give up on the accommodation issue that easily...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Ciaran0

My landlady in Briarfield doesn't mind I think. If you want I could send you on her number. Only trouble is, some people think Briarfield is too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmMc

Im looking to swap rooms with someone, any one need a room for 2nd semester??

Im on co op in 2nd semester so i only need the room until Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Room in Cois Ghruda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭vonniec

Just don't tell them!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmMc

MFlan wrote: »
    I'm looking for accommodation so if anyone has a room they're looking to fill, pm me the details.
    What semester do you need the room?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Darth Frodo

Just wondering if anyone has lived in Parkmews Student Acommadayion if you could answer these questions,

What is the Internet speed available and what is the download limit?

Is there bike parking/storage facilities in the complex?

Does a shuttle bus run to the University of Limerick? If so, what is the approximate schedule?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ChickenZombie

Hi,

I've been accepted into Computer Systems as a mature student, and would like to find some other old goats for a boring houseshare.

Fortunately, I've lots of family in Limerick city so it's easy enough for me to find a house - I just need to find the right housemates i.e. those serious about achieving top scores in uni. I'm paying for this course myself so I've no interest in anything else.

PM me if you're interested.

Ta...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

Looking for a room for first semester, Pm me if ya have one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hillviewfarm

Mature female student looking for a room near UL from August to December. Not sure about January etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Im going into my 3rd year in on campus accomodation now and i've no problems except for the price and for that reason this year will probably be my last.
    Problem is im on coop over the summer so wont be able to go looking at places too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 skywa

Does anyone have any suggestions for an international student who is studying abroad for one semester (From Seattle, College in Denver)?

It is my last semester so I have already been in college for 4 years and am 22 for some reference. I also like to party and fairly loud music although I can use headphones if necessary to keep the noise down, I would like to at least once in a while DJ though. I do, although not often, but on occasion need to study for test and prefer to do so in my room although as mentioned before don't mind using headphones to keep noise out/in. Also another thing that may help is that I am very active and love soccer (football), skiing, and golf and plan to do lots of all of those at least the first two. Also I will be attending lots of concerts. I would like to meet lots of people and have some fun while I am there.

From what I have seen so far Brookfield and Courtyard are looking pretty good, if anyone has opinions on either of these villages I would really appreciate some feedback especially if you have lived in both and can compare them.

I am an engineering student by the way although a social person unlike a good amount in my field of study (at least in the US) haha

Any advice is appreciated!

Skylar

• Registered Users Posts: 2 amber jones

Hi, Im a 24 yr old starting the masters in OT in September. I recently visited the courtyard village and viewed the 2 bed apt. Its really nice with ensuite rooms, but the lady said I prob wont get it unless I have another person to live with. The 2 beds are the same price as a 4 or 5 bed house and they are in a more quiet location. Anyone want more info PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sleahy18

hey, Hoping to be goin to UL this sept. but very unsure if i`ll get my points or not, i`ve sorted out no accomodation at all for that reason. I was wondering where is the best accomodation for a 1st year wont be booking it until i get my LC results.
    I`m not too bothered by quality of housing, i`m just mainly looking for a place reasonably close to da college building and a bit of craic?
    From what i`ve seen and heard plassey and milford grange seem da best???

Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Sleahy18 wrote: »
    hey, Hoping to be goin to UL this sept. but very unsure if i`ll get my points or not, i`ve sorted out no accomodation at all for that reason. I was wondering where is the best accomodation for a 1st year wont be booking it until i get my LC results.
    I`m not too bothered by quality of housing, i`m just mainly looking for a place reasonably close to da college building and a bit of craic?
    From what i`ve seen and heard plassey and milford grange seem da best???

Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks
    Choose Plassey. You will be living with 7 other first years and most likely have one of the best years of your life craicwise!the accommodation is grand as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 skywa

Two things, the first is that I have posted above asking for some recent reviews on a couple villages but am at this point probably going with either courtyard or groody. I am looking to live in a minimum 4bdrm place as I would like to meet lots of people as this is my first time in Europe and/or Ireland. I am also looking to have lots of fun. Anyways this post is just to see if anyone else out there would like to have a name or two to put down on the application so they have someone in the house they have at least talked to before they arrive. Anyways if you would send me a PM telling me a little about yourself and if you have any preferences on village, by the way there is more information about me in the post just a couple above this one.

The second item is maybe not so appropriate for this thread but I dont know where else to put it. I am curious to know if anyone is wanting to go to the Macklemore & Ryan Lewis concert in Dublin on Wed the 19th of Sept. I dont have a car (as I will be coming from Seattle) so I am looking for someone who has a car or other way to get there. I would be willing to buy you ticket to make up for gas and whatever, and may also be able to introduce you to Macklemore as I have met him several times, have a friend who works for him, and also booked him for a show at my school (no promises though). Anyways to anyone that is interested please send me a PM I really want to go to this concert even though I have seen him 4 times live before, This is part of a world tour for his new album The Heist.

-Skylar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

skywa wrote: »
    Does anyone have any suggestions for an international student who is studying abroad for one semester (From Seattle, College in Denver)?

It is my last semester so I have already been in college for 4 years and am 22 for some reference. I also like to party and fairly loud music although I can use headphones if necessary to keep the noise down, I would like to at least once in a while DJ though. I do, although not often, but on occasion need to study for test and prefer to do so in my room although as mentioned before don't mind using headphones to keep noise out/in. Also another thing that may help is that I am very active and love soccer (football), skiing, and golf and plan to do lots of all of those at least the first two. Also I will be attending lots of concerts. I would like to meet lots of people and have some fun while I am there.

From what I have seen so far Brookfield and Courtyard are looking pretty good, if anyone has opinions on either of these villages I would really appreciate some feedback especially if you have lived in both and can compare them.

I am an engineering student by the way although a social person unlike a good amount in my field of study (at least in the US) haha

Any advice is appreciated!

Skylar

Hey Skylar,

Can't offer ya much advice on accom, but if you're an international student for just one semester you'd be as well off to stay on campus in Cappavilla, Thomond, Dromroe, Kilmurry or Plassey if you can afford it.. (not sure about availability at this stage though, email the accommodation office http://www.studentliving.ul.ie/index.jsp?p=101&n=115)

They're 6 to 8 bed apartments so you'd meet plenty of people, you can book on your own, no need to be going with someone. Best of all they're on campus, whereas Groody/Courtyard are a ten in walk away at the best of times.

As for your interests, I'd recommend joining the clubs and socs like DJ Soc (not Music Soc cos they're very much orientated towards Rock/Metal/Indie etc, not much focus on Hip-Hop), the Soccer Club (dunno what their actual title is), the Boarding Club (they go on snowboarding/ski trips)... Go to http://ulwolves.ie/wolves/ and search for the clubs and socs you're interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Have a place sorted for placement for 1st semester but I'm looking for 2 bedrooms for 2nd semester, one for a 4th yar, one for a postgrad

2 x Doubles, at least one en suite. In Milford Grange/Elm Park/ Hazelwood....anywhere except College Court or Briarfield

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dmccormack01

Hi folks, heading to UL in sept to study graduate medicine, wondering if anybody would be interested in a house share or has a room available??

Im pretty layed back and fully house trained! :D

Advertisement