Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Got lucky with a last minute place in Plassey today.
    I was pretty desperate so just went for it.
    She told me I'm going to have to cycle to the Health Sciences building. :/
    I presume that is where Psychology and Sociology will take place anyways?
    Does anybody know if walking is even an option?
    And, what is Plassey like? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

biohaiid wrote: »

10 -15 minute walk tops because its across the living bridge, that doesn't mean that all your lectures are over there though.

Plassey is the main spot for first years and house parties usually. All the houses are newly renovated in the last 1-2 summers.
    Security will kick out all non residents at 10 o clock.

garv123 wrote: »
    10 -15 minute walk tops because its across the living bridge, that doesn't mean that all your lectures are over there though.

Plassey is the main spot for first years and house parties usually. All the houses are newly renovated in the last 1-2 summers.
    Security will kick out all non residents at 10 o clock.

I think I can manage 15 minutes of walking :)
    Are you sure though? The girl on the phone was pretty certain I'd need a bike ..
    Not a big partier, that might change, I dunno I'm sure it'll be grand.
    Can you ever have friends stay the night? Like, the odd time I mean, if you requested it and stuff?
    Is there a curfew for residents?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sleahy18

iLaura wrote: »
    So we're bribing the security guard with tea? Nice.
    are u staying in groody aswell this year? 1st year?

I think I can manage 15 minutes of walking :)
    Are you sure though? The girl on the phone was pretty certain I'd need a bike ..
    Not a big partier, that might change, I dunno I'm sure it'll be grand.
    Can you ever have friends stay the night? Like, the odd time I mean, if you requested it and stuff?
    Is there a curfew for residents?

You could make it from plassey to anywhere on campus is 15 minutes or less unless you walked really really slow. I walked from groody to places beside the living bridge in less than 15 minutes so its not that far.

You must sign someone in at the village reception if they are staying over night.. There is no curfew but security will check for your key at the gate going in..

• Advertisement

You could make it from plassey to anywhere on campus is 15 minutes or less unless you walked really really slow. I walked from groody to places beside the living bridge in less than 15 minutes so its not that far.

You must sign someone in at the village reception if they are staying over night.. There is no curfew but security will check for your key at the gate going in..

Oh okay, thats a relief. Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Sleahy18 wrote: »
    yera we will get over all of that once security dont be at us about anyting, by any chance did u do the HEAR orientation week when u first came any idea what it is like or what goes on during it?

It's unreal craic! It basically helps you to find your feet without having to do it with the other 2500 first years there too. You'll make some of your best friends in the whole of your time at college in that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

Room still available in Elm Park!

LINK!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Double bedroom to rent in Milford Grange for €60 a week. Semi detached, end of terrace house. 5 bedroom house, 2 male + 2 female. Both first years and second years.

10 minute walk to the college. Ideal location right beside spar, off license, chinese...

PM me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ickou21

Hi,

I am an Erasmus student. (sorry if my english is bad, but I'm going to learn :))
    I come from France and didn't know the campus, I took the one that suited me best: Groody.
    I read some post on it.

It's really horrible? I must take plane, I must take blankets, pillows, sheets ... This is really disappointing. This is expensive for me.

I have a few questions ... Groody is a co-ed residence? Girls with girls or mixed? I chose a 6 beds to can meet people.

Can we invite someone to sleep? Or should we ask permission?

Is it is far from the university? (Kemmy Business)

Thank you for your answers. I get the 30th, I can't wait to see Ireland! I'm excited .

Elodie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Sleahy18 wrote: »
    are u staying in groody aswell this year? 1st year?

Yep to both. Bit nervous though cause all my friends are staying on campus.

Ickou21 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am an Erasmus student. (sorry if my english is bad, but I'm going to learn :))
    I come from France and didn't know the campus, I took the one that suited me best: Groody.
    I read some post on it.

It's really horrible? I must take plane, I must take blankets, pillows, sheets ... This is really disappointing. This is expensive for me.

I have a few questions ... Groody is a co-ed residence? Girls with girls or mixed? I chose a 6 beds to can meet people.

Thank you for your answers. I get the 30th, I can't wait to see Ireland! I'm excited .

Elodie

Groody is mixed normally and its a 10 minute walk from the kemmy business school. The apartments are some of the best you'll get in limerick with double bed ensuite and a spacious living area.

None of the college houses or apartments supple bed sheets/pillows/blankets.
    It would be cheaper for you to arrive without them and go into Limerick city and you can buy them cheap in Dunnes Stores/Pennies/Guineys for much less money than paying to bring them on the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 darinaaa

How'd ya manage that? :eek: I've been ringing everyday and they said everything on campus was gone :confused::confused: were you on the waiting list?
    congrats on getting a place though :) heard its brilliant craic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

SavC wrote: »
    NiaBlack wrote: »
    Hi!

Hopefully I'll be starting in UL next month (points allowing) and was told that I've been allocated a space in Thomond. I know it's quieter than Plassey or Kilmurry but I want to know how much so? Are there still frequent parties? I ask this because I am really introverted and I can only take so much; so I'd like knowing that if I were to go to a party somewhere like Plassey that I could come back to a quieter place if I got sick of it. Or am I making assumptions and it is honestly just dependent on who you're sharing with? I don't mind a bit of fun but it's not something I could handle every night...

Also, what's the internet like in Thomond? I know it's not wireless, right? But is there a limit to how much you can use?
    Yaaay! Finally another first year in thomond! Lol!
    I'm there too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FHoran1

Is that room still available?

darinaaa wrote: »
    How'd ya manage that? :eek: I've been ringing everyday and they said everything on campus was gone :confused::confused: were you on the waiting list?
    congrats on getting a place though :) heard its brilliant craic :D

When I rang to confirm my place for the HEAR orientation and told the guy I had no accommodation sorted he gave me a number to ring. I got through to some girl at plassey and she said she had a few places left for HEAR 1st years.
    I wasn't on any waiting list, never even planned on going to Limerick.
    Just got lucky. :)
    I did ring Cappavilla though seeing if they had anything (cos she said nearly everything else was gone, incase I didn't want plassey like) and they said that that all campus accom. is 'full' but ring on thursday to see if there are any free places .. try again maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

Room available in Millford (directly across from college) rent approx. 65 euro per week.. DM for further details

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Controversy

Whats troy like anyone? Are the bedrooms big in the 6 bedroom houses? double beds etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 redmarker

shoddy14 wrote: »
    Room available in Millford (directly across from college) rent approx. 65 euro per week.. DM for further details
    Still available? details?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 woody12_12

any 1 got a spare room for me (male).. looking to share a house with other student.. first year if possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ickou21

Groody is mixed normally and its a 10 minute walk from the kemmy business school. The apartments are some of the best you'll get in limerick with double bed ensuite and a spacious living area.

None of the college houses or apartments supple bed sheets/pillows/blankets.
    It would be cheaper for you to arrive without them and go into Limerick city and you can buy them cheap in Dunnes Stores/Pennies/Guineys for much less money than paying to bring them on the plane.

Do you have a specific address? To buy pillows, blankets ...

Do you have a specific address? To buy pillows, blankets ...

There is a dunnes stores in parkway shopping centre. Which is 15minutes walk from groody..

parkway shopping centre
    parkway roundabout
    childers road
    Limerick

A taxi shouldn't be too expensive if you didnt want to carry everything back

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emkf8

Does anyone know if Groody Student Park is full for the coming year? Referring mainly to the 6 bed apts. Their phone line is a joke and replying to emails isn't their top priority either apparently! Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SavC

I'm there too:)

Cool :) see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 darinaaa

emkf8 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Groody Student Park is full for the coming year? Referring mainly to the 6 bed apts. Their phone line is a joke and replying to emails isn't their top priority either apparently! Thanks in advance :)
    they were full the last day i was up! brookfield hall still have rooms though :) and so do troy but they are under new management and taking in very few students so i doubt there will be much craic in it this year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mty92

Hi,

I read some post on it.

Elodie

Despite what another poster has said Groody is in fact about 20 - 30 min walk. To be honest Groody has a mixed reputation. Some say it is good others say it is bad.

You can get cheap blankets, sheets and pillows in shops in Limerick so don't worry.

mty92 wrote: »
    Despite what another poster has said Groody is in fact about 20 - 30 min walk. To be honest Groody has a mixed reputation. Some say it is good others say it is bad.

You can get cheap blankets, sheets and pillows in shops in Limerick so don't worry.

Have you lived there? and did you crawl ?
    :pac::pac:

I walked to the kemmy on a regular basis is 10-12 minutes and I didnt walk particularly fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aidanmeul

Hi All, I was due to move into Courtyard Student Village but I've had a change of circumstances and can't go ahead with the move. Unfortunately I've paid my 1st Semesters rent and full deposits. And can't afford the loss of it. I was hoping someone may be looking for a place or know of someone? It's very reasonable as Off-Campus accommodation goes I think.

They're clean fresh and they've just been refurbished. Got to see my room this morning.

€400 Deposit
    -which includes all your bills, TV, Internet, Heating, Electricity and Refuse.
    -You also get €125 of this back post house inspection when moving out.

€1,425
    -€75 Weekly Double Room EnSuite

• Registered Users Posts: 1 miss_surr

Just got offered my course in second round offers but everywhere i fully booked? I really have no clue of any of this so any help is much appreciated :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

15 minute walk to kemmy from Groody

Advertisement