Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

But an Ethernet switch should work fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

Room available in milford opposite east gate. 70 euro a month. PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

Room available in hazelwood for second semester! 75e p/w which includes all bills! PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 murcoyne

Double Bed En-Suite room for rent in The Cedars, Briarfield (15min walk to college) - €70 a week. PM me for more details!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I live in the Cedars! :P
    Close to Hurlers + The Lodge too if it's any influence,
    And Superquinn, Post Office, Cinema, Lidl, McD's, Butcher, Centra etc...
    Good spot is Briarfield...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Just wondering for the on-campus accommodation, can you choose who you stay with?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Just wondering for the on-campus accommodation, can you choose who you stay with?

You can say you want to stay with someone and most of the time you will ne put together but they dont have to grant the request its purely up to the management team.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

If you know people going to the same village, you can put their names down on the application and the staff will try to put ye together if they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

You're probably better off moving in with complete strangers if you're in 1st year.

Sound lads.
    Owen_S wrote: »
    You're probably better off moving in with complete strangers if you're in 1st year.

I have heard this, but me and a friend are coming up from Clonmel so it would be nice to have a familiar face aswell if you get me? Ideally it would be the two of us and four other strangers, best of both worlds.

• Advertisement

Sound lads.

I have heard this, but me and a friend are coming up from Clonmel so it would be nice to have a familiar face aswell if you get me? Ideally it would be the two of us and four other strangers, best of both worlds.

Yeah, I know people that did that in first year, a good way to go. :)

Just make sure that both of ye put each other down on the application to make sure it happens, and make sure ye both apply for the same village (obvious I know, but no harm in just making it clear :P).

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Yeah, I know people that did that in first year, a good way to go. :)

Just make sure that both of ye put each other down on the application to make sure it happens, and make sure ye both apply for the same village (obvious I know, but no harm in just making it clear :P).

Will do, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Sound lads.

Small world - from Clonmel and living in Plassey right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Wheres a good place to live for 4th year? Have always lived on campus but not sure to stick with there or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sands3

Hi there, next year I'm doing a work placement in Limerick (I'll be a 4th year student then). The main problem is that I have to stay there from February to July (6 months) and I've seen that your spring semesters end in May (I'm from Barcelona in Spain and our exams end in June/July) and I'm not sure they can provide accomodation for June and July?? I just wonder if the off-campus accomodation is the best for me (on-campus accomodation is really expensive!!!)... I won't take classes, I'll just be in the lab so deciding where to live is important to meet people (especially Irish people)!!

Thank you!

Any suggestions on a good place to live for 4th year? Is on campus your best bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Any suggestions on a good place to live for 4th year? Is on campus your best bet?

Dromroe or Cappa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

Does anyone know what date applications for accommodation in 2013/14 opens yet? I heard it was meant to be today, but I checked and it wasn't (I'll be an incoming first year and I just want to book it as soon as I can).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I believe it's supposed to be this Saturday, the 15th. Not too clear on the website.

I'm an incoming first year, I'm not made of money so was looking at Plassey. It looks good craic, one thing for anyone that lives there, is 8 people a lot to have in one house? Seems a lot compared to the likes of Dromroe, do ye get in each others way much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I'm an incoming first year, I'm not made of money so was looking at Plassey. It looks good craic, one thing for anyone that lives there, is 8 people a lot to have in one house? Seems a lot compared to the likes of Dromroe, do ye get in each others way much?

8 isn't really a lot. Sounds like it at first, but 6 in my house get on really really well, the other 2 kind of keep to themselves but it's not like it's awkward or tnse or anything.
    There are 6 and 4 beds in Plassey too, I think.
    (Although it's typically senior students in these)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

8 does sound like a lot but it's fine really. There's 4 upstairs and 4 downstairs and between different timetables and activities etc you're not in each others faces all the time. It's a great way to make friends, too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

Just to let everyone know, I think the accommodation won't be available to apply for until around the 22nd February now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

If you are looking for something a little easier on the wallet, off-campus is generally cheaper.

FYI, applications for on campus accommodation for 2013-14 have now opened.

http://campuslifeweb.ul.ie/apply/

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    FYI, applications for on campus accommodation for 2013-14 have now opened.

http://campuslifeweb.ul.ie/apply/[/QUOTE]
    What are the prices like compared to this year?

ryanf1 wrote: »
    What are the prices like compared to this year?

Prices seem to be the same:

http://www.studentliving.ul.ie/index.jsp?p=116&n=124

Also, Autumn Semester places in Dromroe are now gone. I assume this is just the Autumn-Only places, so you might still get a full year place, but if you want Dromroe you'll have to book today/tomorrow I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Anyone know the story with Groody? Do you need a whole house worth of people or can you go in yourself? How are they with just one semester?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Damn you deposit fee! Have to wait till next week to get money for the debit card...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 OM95

I'm a first year undergraduate coming to UL this September to do business. Me and 2 of my friends just booked Dromroe and put each other down to share with.

I know Dromroe is fairly quiet, but surely something must happen there every now and again?? Do many first years go there?

And what's the likelihood of me and my 2 friends all getting the same apartment? Because they were saying on the website that they'll basically do their best so that, in other words, means we might not be sharing.

Advertisement