Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Is 22 too old to be living in Plassey or Kilmurry as an incoming first year?

Not really, no :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just in my opinion, Plassey yes, Kilmurry no.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭AlwaysRight

I need accommodation for the first 3 weeks of semester 1.

Anyone know where best to get that?

Any students that will be on placement for the first couple of weeks?

I hear nurses could be finishing up placement those few weeks before returning to campus - but that info could be wrong. Any nurses here?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Just in my opinion, Plassey yes, Kilmurry no.

What's the difference between the two?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

What's the difference between the two?

Plassey seems to be mainly first years. The other villages are more mixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Will the ULSU be bringing out a pdf again this year with a list of all the available houses and contact info?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Plassey seems to be mainly first years. The other villages are more mixed.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Lived in Plassey last year, and even as an 18 year old first year I found it too much.
    There are houses of 4s and 6s at the back though where they seem to place all the older students together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

biohaiid wrote: »
    Lived in Plassey last year, and even as an 18 year old first year I found it too much.
    There are houses of 4s and 6s at the back though where they seem to place all the older students together.

Mainly internationals

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Mainly internationals

Yeah quite a few internationals, but older students too. My 2nd year friend was placed with 2 other Irish 2nd years and one international student.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

Hey,

Going into fourth year in september and looking to get accomadation in either dromrowe or thomond. I have been in the thomond appartments and they seem very nice but dromrowe is closer to college..
    Are the appartments in dromrowe as nice as thomond and could anyone give me feedback what its like to live there.?

Thanks.

Anyone know anything about Courtyard Student Village? http://www.student-lettings.ie/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

My son is into UL for the Bachelor of Science (Education) in Biological Sciences as a mature student...So where to live? Not from Limerick have no knowledge of area, knows noone so new start for him but where ???:D

I know some bits as a friends son went to LIT and another to UL but its all second hand info

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Karjalaa

I just got an offer from Troy, double room ensuite. I first sent an application to Groody because I had decided that I wanted to live there, but they never got back to me so I don't know if I dare turn down the offer from Troy.
    Any comments on Troy? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Karjalaa wrote: »
    I just got an offer from Troy, double room ensuite. I first sent an application to Groody because I had decided that I wanted to live there, but they never got back to me so I don't know if I dare turn down the offer from Troy.
    Any comments on Troy? :)

I just got an email from them today, denying me a place. I'd stick with Troy, if I were you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Two questions, does Plassey bedrooms come with a tv or do you have to take your own?
    And what's the walking distance from Plassey to the Engineering building? My parents are trying to convince me on getting a bike to take down there in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Two questions, does Plassey bedrooms come with a tv or do you have to take your own?
    And what's the walking distance from Plassey to the Engineering building? My parents are trying to convince me on getting a bike to take down there in September.

The bedrooms don't come with a TV. The engineering research building is close enough to the main building, you would walk it in 10 minutes or less.

I'm guessing you're a 1st year, and if you are studying engineering, you probably won't even be in the engineering building at all in first year!

Owen_S wrote: »
    The bedrooms don't come with a TV. The engineering research building is close enough to the main building, you would walk it in 10 minutes or less.

I'm guessing you're a 1st year, and if you are studying engineering, you probably won't even be in the engineering building at all in first year!

Yeah I'm looking to do Aeronautics or even the Choice course. If I'm not in the Engineering building, where will I be? What about computer courses? I did put down two courses on my CAO so will that be close enough too?

Yeah I'm looking to do Aeronautics or even the Choice course. If I'm not in the Engineering building, where will I be? What about computer courses? I did put down two courses on my CAO so will that be close enough too?

Probably spread all over the main campus, its all the one where you are really because most lectures will be spread all over the main campus buildings and you'll be at each one within 5 minutes or less of each other.

garv123 wrote: »
    Probably spread all over the main campus, its all the one where you are really because most lectures will be spread all over the main campus buildings and you'll be at each one within 5 minutes or less of each other.

So there isn't really much need to get a bike then I guess if everything's close to Plassey?

• Advertisement

So there isn't really much need to get a bike then I guess if everything's close to Plassey?

Plassey is probably a 10 minute stroll in a hungover state into most buildings on campus. You could bring a bike if you wanted to make the journey quicker.

Plassey is probably a 10 minute stroll in a hungover state into most buildings on campus. You could bring a bike if you wanted to make the journey quicker.

I was only looking into getting a bike because I thought it was take a while to get from Plassey to the campus. Thanks!

Any 1 or 2 people looking to book a house with 2 other people? There are some nice houses going cheap but the Landlords only want groups. :(

I am, garv123.

I am, garv123.

pm Sent.

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

Hey, Im looking for a place too..

Trader1991 wrote: »
    Hey, Im looking for a place too..

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Handi Hsu

Any 1 or 2 people looking to book a house with 2 other people? There are some nice houses going cheap but the Landlords only want groups. :(

hey, are you still looking for someone?

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Ninja edit

Advertisement