Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kate_B7

Most places were booked out so went with brookfield.. Didnt see much good things about it on here! Is it really that bad, or is it decent enough? Any info at all will be a help!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

Dont worry about whats on here about brookfield, although it was prob wrote for good reason, it was purely for bad managment, im here since last year and experianced the bull from the previous management, but it change before summer and its only got better to be honest. Plus the apartments are been upgraded to wifi from ethernet and theres a gyms been put in. In my opinion its now a great place to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kate_B7

DJW11 wrote: »
    Dont worry about whats on here about brookfield, although it was prob wrote for good reason, it was purely for bad managment, im here since last year and experianced the bull from the previous management, but it change before summer and its only got better to be honest. Plus the apartments are been upgraded to wifi from ethernet and theres a gyms been put in. In my opinion its now a great place to stay.

Thats a relief anyways! Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Haven't received the lease agreement thing yet anyway. Paid back in July so I'm guessing it's coming next week.

Thanks, was wondering what date it was this year actually. :)

I got that today but I was never sent a receipt for the rental fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I got that today but I was never sent a receipt for the rental fees.

Same. Got it a few minutes ago. Yerra, I know they got the fees (registered post) so I'm not gonna stress it. I assume the receipt is either on the way or they're not sending them out.

The meal plan thing is interesting. But it's a huge investment at the start of the Semester. You'd also feel like a bit of a hobo paying for your food every day with food stampsvouchers. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Any idea when we are gonna know the details about on-campus accommodation? I payed the deposit for Kilmurry months ago and confirmed I would be taking it last week!

Any idea when we are gonna know the details about on-campus accommodation? I payed the deposit for Kilmurry months ago and confirmed I would be taking it last week!

I got the lease today, so you can probably expect it over the next two days. You won't find out what apartment you're in until you check in and they give you your key.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 herpdyderpdy

when do you/can you pay for the first semester of your on-campus accommodation, I booked it months ago and confirmed it a couple weeks ago! should I get a letter or something?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Same. Got it a few minutes ago. Yerra, I know they got the fees (registered post) so I'm not gonna stress it. I assume the receipt is either on the way or they're not sending them out.

The meal plan thing is interesting. But it's a huge investment at the start of the Semester. You'd also feel like a bit of a hobo paying for your food every day with food stampsvouchers. :P
    That it is. I usually go to stables or paddocks which I don't think is included so its not worth it for me.
    Did you pay extra for registered post? I sent it in the envelope they gave.
    when do you/can you pay for the first semester of your on-campus accommodation, I booked it months ago and confirmed it a couple weeks ago! should I get a letter or something?

If you are a first year you pay when you check in. You should get a letter about it. I just got mine today but I'm 4th year.

ryanf1 wrote: »
    That it is. I usually go to stables or paddocks which I don't think is included so its not worth it for me.
    Did you pay extra for registered post? I sent it in the envelope they gave.

If you are a first year you pay when you check in. You should get a letter about it. I just got mine today but I'm 4th year.

Yeah, paid a few euro to register it. We always do it when sending cheques and important documents just for that extra bit of peace of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Had a look around Brookfield there, happy with it. Wouldn't get too excited regarding the GYM. Its tiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

Space wudnt bother me, whats in it?

What do people make of this new meal plan? To me it looks like most of those places serve snacks and hot lunches rather than full dinners so I'm not that interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

DJW11 wrote: »
    Space wudnt bother me, whats in it?

Only got a quick look, there was about 9 or 10 machines as far as I remember. What channels are on the sky box in the rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chicgroovy101

Double room available in briarfield if anyone interested!! PM me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

I am trying to ring one of the offices her and some stuff about extensions comes up, does anyone know what I have to do to get past this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Whats the best way to get from Brookfield into the city/shopping centre? I need to stock up on things and I dont have time today so I'll have to get them once I get down tomorrow D:

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

bus goes past brookfield into town once an hour. but if you walk a bit down the road youll get to a bus stop where the bus passes every 15 mins ish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

bus goes past brookfield into town once an hour. but if you walk a bit down the road youll get to a bus stop where the bus passes every 15 mins ish :)

I'd like to highlight this... :P

Just go keys for Groody as well today,
    3 bedroomed apartment, bedrooms are the size of living quarters, very well sized.
    Just wondering, from previous and current Groody inhabitants, is there a shuttle bus or is that just Brookfield?
    Not that long a walk but don't fancy it in Winter...
    Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I've been here since Wednesday Chris :P But no, no shuttle bus. Shoe leather is the only way in and out of college. It's only like fifteen minutes to the flagpoles anyways. be grand

Thought Friday was earliest check in and lease starts tomorrow... :P
    Walking, no harm really, will wake me up before I get there :)
    Good few of mine are Kemmy as well which is handy there,
    In house 13 as well, near gate, minimal distance :D

Thought Friday was earliest check in and lease starts tomorrow... :P
    Walking, no harm really, will wake me up before I get there :)
    Good few of mine are Kemmy as well which is handy there,
    In house 13 as well, near gate, minimal distance :D

One of my housemates has been in the last three weeks cause she's on placement, so I was sleeping on the couch till Friday morning when I got my keys :P
    Ah, we're super close so, I'm in 7 :P

I suppose under those circumstances you could get away with it... :P
    Leather couch is it? Comfy to sit on, dunno how I'd feel about sleeping on it, say it would get ridiculously warm! :P
    Naturally, closer to the gate than myself.. On the bottom floor though, don't know if I like that, people walking feet away from where I sleep. Don't envy myself on RAG week... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

anyone looking for rooms I have a few left.

4 Rooms available in a First / Second year House
    2 Rooms in a 4th / Masters / Post Grad House.

Contact me here https://www.facebook.com/JCPropertyIreland

Yup, the leather couch. The two housemates last year were glued to the couch and slept on it umpteen times throughout the year. I finally succumbed to it this year :P All the 3 beds are on the ground. You'll be fine, not too many people will walk by. Last year I was like 3 houses down from the office by the side gate, so we had a crap load of people walk by making lots and lots and LOTS of noise

Slept on couch in first house, really comfy, don't know my housemates here yet though so won't make plans... :P Actually yeah, only people going to houses above or past me will pass me :)
    You were hear last year yeah, what are the staff and security like in terms of strictness and the likes? :P

Security is grand, the security guards name is Lucas. We only got given out to twice; once his knocked on the door while we had a about 10 people other for being too loud. The second time he threw everyone out cause we had a party with like 50+ people there...The next day reception just called down to say not to have another party, it was fine :P

Must've been a 6 room apartment, couldn't fit 50 people in a 3 roomed one! :P
    Not a loud person myself and with only 2 other people in apartment, noise is limited enough, should be alright.
    Hope I don't lose the keys now too though, they look expensive, and that zapper thing... :P

• Advertisement

Haha nope, three bed. People were in all the bedrooms, the kitchen, hall and just outside the front door. You'd be surprised how many people you can actually fit in there.
    Yeah, losing my keys is a big worry, and I did lose them on the way to college one day. Thankfully someone handed them into the UL reception, they rang Groody, Groody rang me and I got my keys back :D

Advertisement