Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Marteh wrote: »
    So having registered and applied for accommodation on Friday (with the fee paid) It still says I haven't paid it? And I haven't got an email or anything? Should I contact someone or is this normal? I'd hate to lose out on a place over something silly.
    Also if I should contact anyone, who should it be?

You should get an e-mail. Does the transaction appear on your credit card? If not, then check the pending transactions and if it doesn't, just reapply again and if it does, appear on the pending list, then wait for it. If it appears on completed transactions, then I'd ring UL Campus about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Marteh

Its pending, but the site says I haven't paid, and the button to pay is gone.

Its pending, but the site says I haven't paid, and the button to pay is gone.

Well then you'll have to wait. It took a little over four hours before my transaction came through and at the same time, the page was showing that I haven't paid my fee.

Hopefully thats all that it is, seeing as its been closer to 4 days on my end..

Hopefully thats all that it is, seeing as its been closer to 4 days on my end..

Hmmm maybe I'd give UL Campus a ring tomorrow if the payment still hasn't gone through just to see what the hiccup is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lub

Does anyone have any experience with either Brookfield Hall or the Courtyard Student Village in the Castletroy area?

Both look quite decent, but I'd love some first hand info about them if anyone can! Thanks. :)

Okay so after ringing them. They said they're having trouble processing payments on their end, for anyone else wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

I booked accommodation last thursday, it said the payment failed on the website but then I got an email yesterday saying that i was allocated my first choice of accommodation. I rang UL up and they said the payment never went through when there is more 250€ in my account. I smell a money scam!

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    I booked accommodation last thursday, it said the payment failed on the website but then I got an email yesterday saying that i was allocated my first choice of accommodation. I rang UL up and they said the payment never went through when there is more 250€ in my account. I smell a money scam!

If you got the e-mail and the payment went through, then you have booked your place in UL accommodation. I don't know what UL office were at but it's most likely an error. Does your transaction appear on pending transactions of the credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shaunadug

Was just wondering about anyone's past experiences with living with 7 other random people next year in Plassey? Was always mad about the idea, but not so sure now in case they end up being dry and odd! any opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

Got my email from them today. Booked room last thursday night.
    Deposit payment was taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

shaunadug wrote: »
    Was just wondering about anyone's past experiences with living with 7 other random people next year in Plassey? Was always mad about the idea, but not so sure now in case they end up being dry and odd! any opinions?

It's a gamble. I've lived with 5 random people the last 4 years and by and large I've been very, very lucky (bar the odd one or two).

But then I've heard horror stories of people having to move out after a month or two because they were living with c*nts.

Personally, I always advise first years to live with randomers, or at most one person you know already. It forces you to meet new people, get a wider circle of friends and break you out of the safety of your existing LC friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

shaunadug wrote: »

You can really get either a good or a bad mix. My first year I had a terrible mix of all loud, smelly smokers, who paid no consideration to times that people were sleeping...And the constant smell of smoke was awful.

I am going to try again next year though for my 4th year...Hoping for better luck :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Adam1234567

Booked accommodation in Kilmurry, when do you choose whether you want live in a 6 or an 8 bed? Or do you get to choose at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

For a first year I'd recommend moving in with strangers, yes it's a gamble but I moved in with 5 strangers in September, I've made friends for life from it and we're all living together again next year.

Does anyone remember roughly how long it took for UL to get back to you about your application for accomodation?

I applied online Friday 28th Feb and haven't heard anything back. I've seen some people tweeting that it took just 5 or 6 days for a reply, and the email confirmed that they had gotten their first choice accomodation. I did get an email last Wednesday but it was just a Student Letter PDF attachment about the application, saying bookings are only valid if I get my UL choice in CAO Round 0 and 1.

Should I wait another few days or try ring them?

I applied on Friday as well, no word yet here either. Also I did tweet about it :P They said that they were having trouble processing payments for me, and i didnt even get the student letter PDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ribena 27

what counties are most of the students in ul from? if most of your course is in the pess building than whats the closest accomodation to it?

I applied on Friday as well, no word yet here either. Also I did tweet about it :P They said that they were having trouble processing payments for me, and i didnt even get the student letter PDF.
    I might ring them tomorrow just incase, I know I'll only be worrying about it otherwise!! My first two choices are Dromroe and Thomond and I don't really mind whichever I end up in, as long as I know I have a room somewhere. I hope our payments went through okay! What course are you thinking of?

Also send me your twitter and I'll follow you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

ribena 27 wrote: »
    what counties are most of the students in ul from? if most of your course is in the pess building than whats the closest accomodation to it?

Kilmurray, which is also the one I liked the most even though i never owned a place in any of them. But you are overthinking it too much, pick a place, nobody will care after that, you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

My first two choices are Dromroe and Thomond and I don't really mind whichever I end up in, as long as I know I have a room somewhere.

Same :D

That email with the pdf letter though, it says "Thank you for your application and deposit for Dromroe Village." (Well it does in mine)
    I took that as I've got my place. Has anyone got any emails after the one with the letter?

Same :D

That email with the pdf letter though, it says "Thank you for your application and deposit for Dromroe Village." (Well it does in mine)
    I took that as I've got my place. Has anyone got any emails after the one with the letter?

Mine says that too actually, I wonder if that means we've got it?? I'm ringing tomorrow to double check and I'll post what they tell me!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

Mine says that too actually, I wonder if that means we've got it?? I'm ringing tomorrow to double check and I'll post what they tell me!

Any word back from them yet? Im in the same boat, got an email on Monday thanking me for my deposit and application and nothing more as of yet!

wallace2 wrote: »
    Any word back from them yet? Im in the same boat, got an email on Monday thanking me for my deposit and application and nothing more as of yet!

Yeah, sorry I forgot to post!

Was in school so I got my mam to ring on Wednesday. The woman said that because I applied so early I should be fine for Dromroe. But then she said I'd have to wait for my CAO offers in August. If you got a PDF letter in your email it explains the CAO offers and texting to confirm your accommodation in that.

I think I'm going to ring again though, because I've seen someone post a picture of an email they got from UL and it says "I would like to confirm that you have been allocated accommodation in your first choice of Dromroe".

I feel like I'm worrying too much about it now but I don't have any other colleges in my mind to go too and I'd really prefer to live on campus so I want to make sure I have it all sorted!

Was in school so I got my mam to ring on Wednesday. The woman said that because I applied so early I should be fine for Dromroe. But then she said I'd have to wait for my CAO offers in August. If you got a PDF letter in your email it explains the CAO offers and texting to confirm your accommodation in that.

I think I'm going to ring again though, because I've seen someone post a picture of an email they got from UL and it says "I would like to confirm that you have been allocated accommodation in your first choice of Dromroe".

I feel like I'm worrying too much about it now but I don't have any other colleges in my mind to go too and I'd really prefer to live on campus so I want to make sure I have it all sorted!

That's probably for those who are already students in UL as in, current students in 1st year now going into 2nd year in September. I got an e-mail like you did and nothing more. That's all you have to do until you do your Leaving, get the grades and accept your CAO offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Have current students heard back for on campus?

Esp. re one semester?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

phish wrote: »
    Have current students heard back for on campus?

Esp. re one semester?
    I have my place for full term, got an email the next day to say so. They usually fill them spots first then go for one semester places.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

Ah brilliant id say we're grand so, can only wait now! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

When do applications close for on-campus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Aragneer wrote: »
    When do applications close for on-campus?

AFAIK applications don't "close" per se, but the longer you leave it the higher the chances you could be put on the waiting list and have to wait until August when some of the LCer's start cancelling.

Advertisement