Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I'm also looking a for house myself. I'm a P.G student. I'm looking fur something cheap and quiet. I won't be in the house most if the day as is be gone by 7 and back at 10.

If anyone has something in mind PM

• Registered Users Posts: 14 blargh i cant pick a name

When do people usually go looking for private accomodation? Is it too early now?

I've been in plassey and courtyard for the last two years and didnt realise how fast single semester places went. Tried to get into groody but they told me today there's no places left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

When do people usually go looking for private accomodation? Is it too early now?

I've been in plassey and courtyard for the last two years and didnt realise how fast single semester places went. Tried to get into groody but they told me today there's no places left.

If you're going for the popular ones such as College Court, then you're probably too late. Most people try to get a house secured before they leave for the summer so you're definitely not too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

TBH I'd say almost every half decent house in Milford, CC, Elm and probably oaklawns is long gone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Well I know the house I'm in now in Oaklawns still has rooms for September, so PM me blargh if you want landlord's number or whatever.

You would want to be getting onto it fairly lively at this stage. There'll still be places there, but a lot will have been snapped up in April and May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Well I know the house I'm in now in Oaklawns still has rooms for September, so PM me blargh if you want landlord's number or whatever.

You would want to be getting onto it fairly lively at this stage. There'll still be places there, but a lot will have been snapped up in April and May.
    Is that for single semester or for
    everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Any prices ? Single room or ensuite ? Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shaunadug

I'm hopefully going into first year next year in ul but have no accommodation sorted, where's the best place to book at this stage?

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Is that for single semester or for
    everything

Not sure. Landlord's fairly sound so I don't think he'd have a problem with anything really. Like, two of the lads here moved in February/March of this year for example.
    Any prices ? Single room or ensuite ? Etc

Not sure about prices for term time (We're paying next to nothing at the moment since it's the summer), think it's around the 60-70 mark though.

No ensuites. Three rooms upstairs that are small enough but still nice. One bedroom downstairs which is massive (mine! :D). Two bathrooms, both have showers but only one is electric. Pretty close to the road so there is a fair bit of road noise to deal with. Can't speak for heating as I only moved in in May and we haven't needed to turn it on yet, but who knows what it'd be like in Winter. UPC TV and internet, excellent speeds.

One thing is though, it's a strictly no house party house. And I mean strictly no house parties because of where it is, so it'd probably only suit 4th years, postgrads or people on Co-op in Limerick.

Hmmm, I wonder if I could get some money back on my rent for advertising the house for him... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I have my room in groody booked but I don't think i'll be taking it so that will be one room vacant for someone else to take :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Booked my accommodation a while ago to stay in Plassey this September and I just went onto the website to have a ponder about. Logged in and it says that I haven't paid my application fee even though I did. Have it on my bank statement. Should I ring them up or will I be okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Booked my accommodation a while ago to stay in Plassey this September and I just went onto the website to have a ponder about. Logged in and it says that I haven't paid my application fee even though I did. Have it on my bank statement. Should I ring them up or will I be okay?

I had the same problem. Just ring them and it will be sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

I had that problem when I first applied now it just says 'Your Application, Your Induction (induction is closed).' Is that what it says for everyone else?

Also, anyone know when we will next hear from them?

Aragneer wrote: »
    I had that problem when I first applied now it just says 'Your Application, Your Induction (induction is closed).' Is that what it says for everyone else?

Also, anyone know when we will next hear from them?

Induction was the video where they would explain the process when getting your accommodation in September and what you should do when you arrive at your house etc. Nothing important really and completing it doesn't guarantee you a place.

Will get mother to ring them tomorrow so it should be good then, thanks!

Ah i went through all of that in first year :P don't need that rubbish again!

And already got two emails when i put my deposit confirming my booking so i'm just leaving it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Bump

anyone ever lived in Troy Student Village?

its rate are better than campus, it seems nice

Whats security like, are they strict on guests etc?

any info would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Is that the one across from the Groody, having trouble remembering...
    If so visited place a few times a week last (College) year so can tell you a thing or two..

Is that the one across from the Groody, having trouble remembering...
    If so visited place a few times a week last (College) year so can tell you a thing or two..

it is indeed.

do tell what you know

• Registered Users Posts: 33 harmo08

Can you tell me what Courtyard is like. I'm stuck between this and Troy.
    Also hows the internet there?

harmo08 wrote: »
    Can you tell me what Courtyard is like. I'm stuck between this and Troy.
    Also hows the internet there?

Ive not lived in Courtyard, but Ive been there abit.

Its awful in my opinion, rooms arent nice, i found it cold and kinda small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Was offered a place in Groody but it was for a 3 bed with shared bathroom so I declined the offer. Will book into Courtyard and then cancel before the last date before full refund if I get somewhere else.

Has any one stayed in Brookfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HandyOut123

Bump

anyone ever lived in Troy Student Village?

its rate are better than campus, it seems nice

Whats security like, are they strict on guests etc?

any info would be great

Lived there last year as a first year and staying again in September :)

I was lucky in that we were in the last house on the row so we had extra bedroom space and living room space but to be honest I've been in a few of the houses and there all big.

If there's a fault in the house they can be slow to fix it but eventually it does happen.

Security is sound out as long as you're not a b*llox, and fairly relaxed with guests, again as long as you're not a b*llox to him!

Bit of a trek to college and the bus has tendencies to "break-down" but normally it's fairly reliable! If ya need anymore info let me know :)

Lived there last year as a first year and staying again in September :)

I was lucky in that we were in the last house on the row so we had extra bedroom space and living room space but to be honest I've been in a few of the houses and there all big.

If there's a fault in the house they can be slow to fix it but eventually it does happen.

Security is sound out as long as you're not a b*llox, and fairly relaxed with guests, again as long as you're not a b*llox to him!

Bit of a trek to college and the bus has tendencies to "break-down" but normally it's fairly reliable! If ya need anymore info let me know :)

Cheers for this.

My mate had organised a 3 bed in groody (one with an ensuite + shared bathroom) so we're staying there

we had a lil competition to see who won it... and i did... ensuite for Limericklad92 YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aimeeabsinthe

I am hoping to get into UL this Autumn, what would be the best places besides on campas. I would prefer less people and cheaper prices. I don't mind walking. I would also love a place with fast internet.

I've been looking at Parkview Hall but I haven't seen many good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 je55ica

Hi Guys,

Looking for potential post grad housemates for the next academic year, Sept 14'. I have been finding it hard to find a house so far, most places want groups rather than individuals. Currently looking for accommodation in walking distance of UL. Any information as to where the best places for Postgrads to live would be greatly appreciated. Also anyone else doing the Human Resource management Masters?

Hey, anybody have any idea when we get the letter/email through telling us to pay the first lot of the on-campus bill? I can't remember how they did it in my first year!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭numnumcake

Me and my friends booked Plassey for next year and our final year last March and they told us there was no space left! Then I heard a friend of a friend booked it in May and got a place. Does anyone know why this would be? I thought it very unusual in the first place for Plassey to book up that fast.

numnumcake wrote: »
    Me and my friends booked Plassey for next year and our final year last March and they told us there was no space left! Then I heard a friend of a friend booked it in May and got a place. Does anyone know why this would be? I thought it very unusual in the first place for Plassey to book up that fast.

Maybe Plassey gives priority to incoming first years rather than 4th year students?

I'm a 4th year and I got accepted into Plassey in about April-May time so I actually don't know that. It may be due to your requirements/preferences on your sheet or the fact that there were two of you applying? I applied, paid and got a message saying I would hear more eventually..and I'm going into 4th year. Been in Plassey before too.

• Advertisement

It was probably full when you tried to book, someone dropped out after that and they contacted whoever was on top of the waiting list. I'd assume first years are bumped to the top of this list 'cos I remember them saying before that they try and guarantee every first year who applies a place.

Advertisement