Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ananaa

Hi im looking for some help as to accomodation around ul. Groody was my best hope but they are completly booked up.
    Troy brookfields and the courtyard are possibilities but quite expensive really. Are they worth the money?? got the accomodation list from ul and rang over 25houses listed so far and all are gone! Kinda stuck.for somewhere now. If anyone knows of anywhere some help would be great thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

The Courtyard's only €2,850 for the year where as Groody and Brookfield are about €3,500 as far as I know?

courtyard is 2850 ya but theres 900 on top of that for esb, utilities and deposit so it makes that and troy the same price 3750 which is steep enough! Groodys cheapest then brookfields so im just wondering which of the three still available(brookfields, courtyard and troy) would be best value for money? What are the places like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Aragneer wrote: »
    Anybody had an e-mail from Plassey or Campus Life Services about paying the first fee for the 1st of August yet?

Or does anybody know when the e-mails normally come?

They don't send emails AFAIK. They sent out the letters there last week with the invoice, remittance advice form and the usual stuff about the Arena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    They don't send emails AFAIK. They sent out the letters there last week with the invoice, remittance advice form and the usual stuff about the Arena.

I'm a 4th year student and they took my deposit and everything but I didn't get a letter in the post or anything? and certainly no e-mail. Is it going to come or do I need to email them about it? And who do I email? Campus Life services or Plassey?

Sorry for the questions!

• Advertisement

I'm a 4th year student and they took my deposit and everything but I didn't get a letter in the post or anything? and certainly no e-mail. Is it going to come or do I need to email them about it? And who do I email? Campus Life services or Plassey?

Sorry for the questions!

I dunno tbh, all I know is I got a letter for Dromroe last week.

Your best bet would be to ring the reception of the village you put as your first preference. It's far easier to deal with them than deal with CLS themselves. :)

Ah different villages may send them out at different times then!

I will send in an e-mail tonight and if I get no response by Friday morning I'll give Plassey a call! Been stressful trying to save the money for this place, I better bloody be living there or I won't be too pleased.

Thanks a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Troy is booked out I do believe.

Just Brookfield left im sure... Brookfield is a major upgrade on courtyard imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I got my offer two/three weeks ago from UL, accepted it and they sent me an email about the Orientation.

Was looking back on my emails to sort it out and I came across the email that I had received from UL Campus and it gives me details about what to do when I get my offer. Once I accept my offer, I'm supposed to get a text from UL to confirm or cancel my place in UL accommodation.

Doesn't say anything about Round A, just Round 0,1 and 2. Should I be worried?

Just to follow up on this, I sent an email to UL Campus yesterday and they said Round A applicants will get the text on 18th of August.

So brookfields would be better than courtyard?? Looking for the nicest place outta the two really just dont know much about either to make the final decision aa to which place ill go with.

• Advertisement

Ananaa wrote: »
    So brookfields would be better than courtyard?? Looking for the nicest place outta the two really just dont know much about either to make the final decision aa to which place ill go with.

100% brookefield is nicer in my opinion.

I hate Courtyard.

100% brookefield is nicer in my opinion.

I hate Courtyard.

Is courtyard that bad? I thought it looked a bit nicer than brookfield but i dont know anything about either place really!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Have off campus accommodation available details here https://www.facebook.com/JCPropertyIreland

Ananaa wrote: »
    Is courtyard that bad? I thought it looked a bit nicer than brookfield but i dont know anything about either place really!

i think so, uncomfortable and the rooms are poor

You can ask brookefield for the double bed and they'll accommodate your request.

Hey again guys, so I finally got.my invoice for Plassey on Monday and am only just posting it today as I couldn't get to my post office. It should get the there by Friday the 1st but I'm worried it won't. If I ring the village manager and explain my situation do you think she'll possibly hold my place if it doesn't reach there by Friday? Especially since it was their fault they missed.up my invoice.

Any advice on what I can do??

Hey again guys, so I finally got.my invoice for Plassey on Monday and am only just posting it today as I couldn't get to my post office. It should get the there by Friday the 1st but I'm worried it won't. If I ring the village manager and explain my situation do you think she'll possibly hold my place if it doesn't reach there by Friday? Especially since it was their fault they missed.up my invoice.

Any advice on what I can do??

I'd say give a ring. In all likelihood it'll get there on time anyway (Registered Post is next day delivery guaranteed, but even regular post shouldn't take more than two days) but it couldn't hurt to just let them know you've sent it. (And tbh, I'd say even if it gets to them next Monday or Tuesday you'll be fine)

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday! I did exactly what you said and they put a little note on my account in case it didn't arrive on time so that's great :) I'm sure it'd be fine anyway since they're getting the money anyway!

Thank you for replying! ^^ I definitely worry too much!

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday! I did exactly what you said and they put a little note on my account in case it didn't arrive on time so that's great :) I'm sure it'd be fine anyway since they're getting the money anyway!

Thank you for replying! ^^ I definitely worry too much!

Ah shur we're all the same. Even though I've sent them 12 cheques at this point, I still panic a little sending off the next one in case it gets lost on the way and I end up living in a ditch somewhere. :pac:

Ah shur we're all the same. Even though I've sent them 12 cheques at this point, I still panic a little sending off the next one in case it gets lost on the way and I end up living in a ditch somewhere. :pac:

A ditch would be preferable to some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I see Brookfield are out to make money on the WiFi!

• Advertisement

I lived with them in first year but it is different there because you just pay when you turn up! So much easier! I actually had a landlord cancel me moving in three days before uni started because I was going on co open and I was in England at the time so I nearly did end up living in a ditch!! Ended up sharing the tiniest room in Milford ever with my boyfriend for the semester - good rent though haha

I lived with them in first year but it is different there because you just pay when you turn up! So much easier! I actually had a landlord cancel me moving in three days before uni started because I was going on co open and I was in England at the time so I nearly did end up living in a ditch!! Ended up sharing the tiniest room in Milford ever with my boyfriend for the semester - good rent though haha

Oh, twas that type of rent eh? ;)

Say no more. :P

Oh, twas that type of rent eh? ;)

Say no more. :P

And now I realise how my post sounded hahaha I totally didn't mean it that way! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭CheyK

I see Brookfield are out to make money on the WiFi!

How so? I just put a deposit down for Brookfield...

CheyK wrote: »
    How so? I just put a deposit down for Brookfield...

You get 2mb WiFi as normal , but you can upgrade it to 10mb for €12 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ToxicB

You get 2mb WiFi as normal , but you can upgrade it to 10mb for €12 a month

Yes the wifi is 2Mb, not 2MB, which means download speed is 256kb/s. Anyway I am considering the unlimited 4g plan for 20 per month provided by three.ie

By the way, those numerous bad reviews for brookfield hall make me seriously worrying.

ToxicB wrote: »
    Yes the wifi is 2Mb, not 2MB, which means download speed is 256kb/s. Anyway I am considering the unlimited 4g plan for 20 per month provided by three.ie

By the way, those numerous bad reviews for brookfield hall make me seriously worrying, sign.

I stayed in Brookfield last year. Had no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Walsh.92

Hey guys, so I'm starting a masters in Sept and looking for any suggestions in good places to stay, any help is greatly appreciated

I stayed in Brookfield last year. Had no problems

Thank you, good to hear that.
    I found some people said the staff is not helpful and rude, do you have such experience? Thank you.

• Advertisement

Walsh.92 wrote: »
    Hey guys, so I'm starting a masters in Sept and looking for any suggestions in good places to stay, any help is greatly appreciated

Most of the hall are fully booked, may be brookfield got some places left.
    Or you can just rent a house outside with the others, but becareful with the security.

Advertisement