Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web-based Open source code for reporting on outages

Options
  • 08-09-2005 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

In my place they are crazy on reporting. Since it's a financial firm, there's nothing our boss likes more than to go to a bunch of accountancy types with a glossy graph and a table of figures.

Basically what we need is a simple system:

Each time a system goes down, you file an outage report detailing what system, when it went down, how long it went down for, and why. At the end of the month, you can come up with a nice graph detailing total downtime for that section (e.g. Server Hardware) against minimum targets. All via web-based GUIs of course.

It's a simple request, and it could be written. But I've a bit of a pain in my hole writing PHP/MySQL apps of late, especially since somebody somewhere has to have done something similar.

Can anyone think of something that would fit the bill? I had a look on sourceforge, but I seem to be really crap at finding what I need there :)

Comments

Advertisement