Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Poor Radio Signal?

• 08-09-2005 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I put a new Panasonic CD headunit in my VW Polo and it playback CD's perfectly but I can only find a few Radio stations and those that I have found have a very poor signal quality.

Dose anyone know why this might be happening & how it can be fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,028 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I'm sure you didn't forget to re-attach the aerial cable to the new unit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

No Pretty sure I did but there were two conectors, the one that came from the standard radio had no place to connect to the new one but another conector beside it that was loose on the standard one did fit to the new one.
    murphaph wrote:
    I'm sure you didn't forget to re-attach the aerial cable to the new unit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Sorry mate are you talking about two different cables or one cable with 2 connectors coming from it?

My radio uses a block connector and when I changed sound system last year I had to buy an adapter so it would fit the new one.

What model of head unit do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

The antenna may be powered (and not in the up down sense), I know mine is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Ok I've fixed the problim thanks for the help anyway. The problim was that the second connector that did fit had a adaptor attached which the other connector pluged into.
    layke wrote:
    Sorry mate are you talking about two different cables or one cable with 2 connectors coming from it?

My radio uses a block connector and when I changed sound system last year I had to buy an adapter so it would fit the new one.

What model of head unit do you have?

• Advertisement
Advertisement