Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance?? What is it?

Options
  • 08-09-2005 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi

We're currently looking for some one to move in to our new house ( see sig ;) ) there's someone interested but she said she can only pay by rent allowance as she is a student.
    i'm not sure how it works so i'm hoping one of you property guru's can't maybe explain! our landlord has said that we wants the rent monthly transfered to his account in one lump sum (as opposed to an amount from each of the 4 tennants). would rent allowance make this impossible?

i know this is diferent to rent relief which is tax relief on your rent payments.

any help appreciated!

thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

it is where the government pay for some of your rent,some landlords frown on it because imo they are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Rent allowance is a type of Supplementary Welfare Allowance and is usually paid weekly, whereas most rents are paid monthly. This may put a strain on the person's cashflow.

I think you should just ascertain if the person feels that they can pay the rent on time. Your landlord will need to fill in some standard paperwork.

Advertisement