Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Fantasy Share League thingy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Joined as Hamster -

Nice to Pick some stocks if I had £100,000 to invest! Let's see how they do. As for the real world....

My real stocks is generally limited to Irish shares...

CRH (excellent)
    AIB (excellent)
    Ryan Air (excellent)
    Kerry Group (v good)
    National Instruments (good ...U$)
    Irish Life & Permament (good)
    Elan (good)
    Vodafone (ok)
    Waterford Crystal (rotten)

WW is a stinker in the pile... always one... Vodafone came from... give a us guess? Reinvesting the dividends are starting to make a real difference. I'm generally a Buy and Hold type. I like to invest in shares that have an International exposure.

Like to hear if what kind of real mix anyone else went for here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I'm in as blondie83 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

In as Ajnag

Now all I need is a fantasy porshe, house in kinsington, expensive suit etc etc ;)

"\ _

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pigheads in too.Username is Pighead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

"Culchie's Acorns" have been sown . :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

registered and trading as besty...

Regi wrote:
    regi - I've been messing with bull bearings for some time, I'm afraid :)

Your portfolio has increased by 37.95% since you joined. Year high: £139,143, low: £98,776. God Bless Imperial Tobacco and Tullow Oil.

Should I really start again?

a ha ! and there was me thinking we had Nick Leeson in our midst !

You should start again for the craic and join us plebs so that we can all start out on this mission together :p

I love Rogue Traders strategy as well since July 2004, all money in Kingspan, one share, up 20%, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Registered as Blackjack

Just wondering do's anyone know of any good free software for tracking shares and forex in realtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

I've joined (instead of studying!) - expect me to demonstrate how not to do it! ;)

• Advertisement

cianr wrote:
    I've joined (instead of studying!) - expect me to demonstrate how not to do it! ;)

just checked my portfolio there. god im not great at this. all my shares have gone down except one - vodafone!

oh dear, oh dear

I know why I prefer property !

Down 6.28 % in 12 Days...1 share out of 10 in the black, showing a superb profit of £16.29

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Culchie,
    Your jinxed...stick to the poker :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Doing OK in the FX trading. :D

If it wasn't for Virgin doing suprisingly well lately I'd be sunk :o

Dub13 wrote:
    Culchie,
    Your jinxed...stick to the poker :p

It's bloody Party Gaming that is down 25% that has me by the short and curly's !!

And after me giving PPP Pit Boss the whole spiel about the industry, I still picked it ... lol.

I have gone for a somewhat speculative portfolio though ;) , another one of my wee gems is Trans Siberian Gold which is down (only for the moment though, it will rocket soon :rolleyes: ).

And of course lets not forget BP and Tullow Oil, UK Coal and British American Tobacco. Everyone knows they are the 'future'.

I'm a Contrarian Investor ! :p

Doing so well on fx till the gbp decided to curl up and die.

Best investment so far has been Roll's Royce on the spread bets(lost 30 k on the first day :) ). Other then that, Dragon Oil(going cheap atm) and avn are my favourites. Gonna be hard to make a comeback tho.

Fx is so fast its fun. The markets are a bit sluggish in comparison.

Culchie wrote:
    It's bloody Party Gaming that is down 25% that has me by the short and curly's !!

And after me giving PPP Pit Boss the whole spiel about the industry, I still picked it ... lol.

I was kind of joking about being jinxed but maybe you are...talk about the wrong time to buy into Party Gaming :eek: you are lucky this is not real cash.

I have some Paddy Power shares and they have made me a whooping £8.17,abit like in real life.I also have abit of Hilton Group owners of Ladbrokes as well as...Allied Irish Bank,BSkyB,Diageo,Jurys Hotel,Ocean Power Technologies,Renewable Energy Generati,Royal Bank of Scotland,Ryanair Holdings,Tesco and Ulster TV

So something for everybody there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Im in! Registered as RJD

Dub13 wrote:
    I was kind of joking about being jinxed but maybe you are...talk about the wrong time to buy into Party Gaming :eek: you are lucky this is not real cash.

I have some Paddy Power shares and they have made me a whooping £8.17,abit like in real life.I also have abit of Hilton Group owners of Ladbrokes as well as...Allied Irish Bank,BSkyB,Diageo,Jurys Hotel,Ocean Power Technologies,Renewable Energy Generati,Royal Bank of Scotland,Ryanair Holdings,Tesco and Ulster TV

So something for everybody there.

tbh, I picked a load of shares in 10 mins. I am one of the people that got stung 4 or 5 years ago with Morrogh Stockbrokers going under, lost all interest in the markets since, and have wrote that off. We halso had a share investment club (which would be great here) which also had about €30K of shares with them as well.

Have some property though. :)

• Advertisement

Anybody know the name of the property development company in Manchester that had a spot of bother last week... :D and are they listed in London,may get they very very cheap ;)

dunkamania wrote:
    Doing OK in the FX trading. :D

understatement of the century!

woohoo - go o2 shares. im on £101,500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

besty wrote:
    woohoo - go o2 shares. im on £101,500

Yep, the oul O2 shares have done the business for me too!
    2nd place now.. Im after ya Regi :D

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

just i'll give it a go.
    in as jabberwock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Redmon

Just logged in as "maxpower" on bull bearings. Spent all my cash but can we access AIM stocks for the league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

In as wexcan.

Have all my money split between DNX (which better bloody go up sometime soon) and PRTY (which is treating me well with a 2k profit at the moment, gonna see if it can get to 120p before selling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Redmon

Anyone get severly burnt on Paddy Power today?

Redmon wrote:
    Anyone get severly burnt on Paddy Power today?

Yes and over the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

Yeah what happenned to paddypower? Lost a few hundred on them, but more than made it up with Smart Telecom :D

Advertisement