Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Fantasy Share League thingy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

My portfolio just climbed back above the 100k mark,up from 88k 2 weeks ago:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Redmon

blondie83 wrote:
    Yeah what happenned to paddypower? Lost a few hundred on them, but more than made it up with Smart Telecom :D

Since PP dervies a large proportion of its business from horse racing when things go bad, they really can go bad. I'm not a horse racing aficionado but there has been a bad/good run (depending on what side of the bookies' counter you stand on) for the turf accountants.

Yesterday most of PP's peers also gave downbeat commentaries. PP's shares fell the sharpest. As a shareholder of PP you should feel threatened by the rise in popularity of betting exchanges. PP is also feeling pressure of new entrants into the Irish market such as Boyle Sports.

Smart Telecom - fair play for taking the risk. I've 10K spare and considered throwing it on Smart but decided against. You could also view it as a long term hold (1-2 years) as it could be a possible takeover target.

As for PP, I'm hoping to take some euros off them this w/end with the rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

You could also view it as a long term hold (1-2 years) as it could be a possible takeover target.
    Phenoix magasine did a summary of them a few months back, They've aquired the dublin metropolitan area network, have a good boss and look promising by the performance to date. Quite possibly a good long term, but they havent performed that well since the pheonic article, so a taking another look at the current situation mightnt be any harm either tho.

Smart ryanair and o2 are the one's doing the biz for me at the mo, but Im keeping an eye on going deeper into dragon oil, just have to get the timing right for the next oil hike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Just joined up as Shepthedog, didnt spend too long analysing but signed up with a good mix of everything..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Elan is on the londen stock exchange right? bullbearings doenst seem to be able to find it, its EAL right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Blackjack

irishguy wrote:
    Elan is on the londen stock exchange right? bullbearings doenst seem to be able to find it, its EAL right?

it's on the ISEQ - ELA.ISE

but it wont reconise any on the ELA tickers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Blackjack

irishguy wrote:
    but it wont reconise any on the ELA tickers
    Sorry man, can't help you there.
    I believe it's also listed in the US, might be worth having a look there?.

i know the markets its listed on. But you can only buy on the London exchange with this fantansy trading. It just a problem with bullbearings, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

stp is in, as, stp

so why aren't elan in there again?

problem with the bullbearings site, or they're not on the london stock exchange?

• Advertisement

If you want to trade elan,you can join the american Fantasy share thingy,if you havent already joined,its in there as a American Depository Reciept(Non American Stocks traded in America),ticker is ELN.

:)
    Follow the link

http://simulator.investopedia.com/Jo...4804&PW=boards

The league is called "boards"
    password is also "boards"

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

just joined as cian8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 onlineshopper

I'm in as onlineshopper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭CGorman

Just joined,

USERNAME: CGorman

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Just joined boards league, username is dotscom.

Fairplay to you dunkamania, ever consider doing it for real?

My share portfolio's a load of codswollop, I completely missed the boat there in late December when my portfolio was up at £103.5K, back down to £98K now, but I'm faring alright on the rest.

Elan is working on bullbearings again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

AM in Kluivert

Placed the whole pot on Elan Corp see how it goes for a week, then get into trading.

Fairplay to you dunkamania, ever consider doing it for real?

QUOTE]

Coincidently,I am trying to set up a spreadbetting account at the moment.
    I will let you guys know when I have to declare bankruptcy.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Up PartyGaming, up goddamnyou!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

I'm in as Lexus1976

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭blahblah1234

Registered as a complete beginner named Mr. Investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Why did the league reset, I had just broken the 1M Mark in the fx:(

The cfd/spread betting/FX periodically reset,I dont know why.
    I just stick to the stock game now(and US stock game.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

The old reliables like CRH and Irish Permanent have been my best performers, Smart Telecom, Tullow Oil and Pearson have done decently. I think I might have jumped on the bandwagon a bit too late with partygaming though.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Blast! Why do they reset? Why? I was finally getting the hang of it! /Blast

I think it might be something to do with the holes in the system,It looks ridiculous to have people sitting on trillions of dollars on the FX game after a few months.(I think I was on about 340 million)

I think they dont reset the equity game because,everybody would stop using it if it was reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Just registered as silas_irl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Hoodle

I've just registered - username : Hoodle. Unsurprisingly.

I forgot that bullbearings dont account for dividends.
    I just lost 4,000 because my shares are now trading ex-dividend.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

joined as

duh duh duh..

tba

Advertisement