Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DL Cap Eircom

• 08-09-2005 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭

does any one know how much eircom charge for going over your monthly limit i cant seem to find it, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

uh oh think im 4 gigs over already, damn i cant event do those maths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You probably won't get charged.

think i should call them and try upgrade to 16gig or would that put me on there radar and and then id have to pay over 4000 euro for a phone bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

€48.40

• Advertisement

1GB = 1,024MB by my calculations that means it costs 4,915.20 euro am i wrong im 4GB over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

De Deraco wrote:
    1GB = 1,024MB by my calculations that means it costs 4,915.20 euro am i wrong im 4GB over.

491520 cents. Which is 49 euro.

ok thanks for your help i though it was 1 euro 20 cent per MB, thats ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Dont worry they dont even enforce the cap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

De Deraco wrote:
    think i should call them and try upgrade to 16gig or would that put me on there radar and and then id have to pay over 4000 euro for a phone bill

Keep your mouth shut and your head low!!!

WellyJ goes nuts(100GB+) every month and hasnt yet been charged(I think?)!!!

• Advertisement

zuma wrote:
    Keep your mouth shut and your head low!!!

WellyJ goes nuts(100GB+) every month and hasnt yet been charged(I think?)!!!

Not even a phone call from Eircom. They've never done anything about my constant abuse of the cap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭dam099

WellyJ wrote:
    Not even a phone call from Eircom. They've never done anything about my constant abuse of the cap

I know they have never done anything in the past and prossibly never will, but do people not get a little nervous at having the possibility at least on paper of being on the hook for a bill of over EUR1,200 for exceeding the cap (charge for 100GB is 100 X 1024 X 1.21c).

dam099 wrote:
    I know they have never done anything in the past and prossibly never will, but do people not get a little nervous at having the possibility at least on paper of being on the hook for a bill of over EUR1,200 for exceeding the cap (charge for 100GB is 100 X 1024 X 1.21c).

I cant find the exact quote right now but somewhere on Eircons site it says the max you can be charged per month is something like 350, cant recall the exact number. Also the first time they hit me with a bill like that i will leave them. And considering they get roughly 5500 a year from my two phone lines it wouldnt make any sense for them to risk that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

people people, there have been billion threads done about this, please use SEARCH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

CyberGhost wrote:
    people people, there have been billion threads done about this, please use SEARCH!

Yeah, but people worry about this ****. They want up to date info.

I go over about 20Gb every month and never get charged. I have 3 computers in the house using the wireless.

There will always be a need for these CAP bitching threads as long as they exist in their current very low format!!!

For eircom:
    4GB CAP for 1mb and 16GB CAP for 2mb is in all honesty a complete joke!!!

http://home.eircom.net/javascript/Broadband/Products/index.jsp
    eircombroadbandprices4wh.jpg
    *The CAP for 1Mbit REALLY is 4GB a month!!!

Other DSL ISP's with nationwide coverage are not much better!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

when i had eircom i got charged.

ricey wrote:
    when i had eircom i got charged.

Which package were you with, when and how much over the CAP had you downloaded???

I was only with eircom BB for 3 months and was 1-to-2GB over the CAP every month and was not charged.

Advertisement