Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aidrian Kenndey on Tv

• 08-09-2005 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Ok so hes going to be on a new channel on NTL but i was just wondering if that channel comes to sky digital or not? cheers! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

What kind of show is he going to be on/presenting do you know? Bet you it'll be some kind of attempt at a Jerry Springer rip-off only it'll probably end up being a weak copy like something like Trisha! :D

Ah, I can just see it now. All the white Nike-clad skangers and skangerettes coming on to confront one another with such "issues" as who's the real father of Sharon's sprog, Dermo or Anto? Or Tommo....... or Jimmy...... or Decco...... or....... etc. etc.! :D

Wonder will they do DNA tests and lie-detector tests and all that shíte as well? ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

What kind of show is he going to be on/presenting do you know? Bet you it'll be some kind of attempt at a Jerry Springer rip-off only it'll probably end up being a weak copy like something like Trisha! :D

Ah, I can just see it now. All the white Nike-clad skangers and skangerettes coming on to confront one another with such "issues" as who's the real father of Sharon's sprog, Dermo or Anto? Or Tommo....... or Jimmy...... or Decco...... or....... etc. etc.! :D

Wonder will they do DNA tests and lie-detector tests and all that shíte as well? ;):D
    You obviously haven't been listening to the show recently, he's doing the normal show, but you can see it being done in the television.

And i don't think you can see it on sky because a few people have rang in complaining that they can't see it with sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Its just going to be the Phone show on tv, exactly whats on Radio only there will be camera's in the studio!! d4gurl, as far as i know its only on NTL freeview on a new station called citychannel or something like that from the end of the month. I won't be on Tv outside Dublin.

Diarmsquid wrote:
    You obviously haven't been listening to the show recently, he's doing the normal show, but you can see it being done in the television.

Ah right, fair enough. And no, I haven't heard the show in ages. Must be a couple of years since I last heard it, maybe. Can't pick it up all that well down here in the sticks! ;) But the last time I heard it it always seemed to be skangers ringing in and all that sort of thing. Used to be kind of funny to listen to at times, some of the stuff they came out with. Though I always got the feeling some of it was rigged, especially with a few of the "regular" callers. I often got the impression with some of them that they were just staff of the station or actors or something like that who "rang in" to get arguments and things going and stir things up and that kind of thing.

Still though, I reckon it's only a matter of time before we do see a Springer/Trisha-style show like I described above on the telly here in this country. Probably on TV3 as well. Well, come on, they are practically ITV Ireland anyway so it's only a matter of time before the Trisha-style show is imported over here. And god help us all when it does happen! :(

Could be good for a few laughs though, especially if you were pissed when watching it or something. Skangers and their antics and the stuff they come out with sometimes are usually good for a bit of a laugh, I find! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I won't be on Tv outside Dublin.
    Neither will I.
    Still though, I reckon it's only a matter of time before we do see a Springer/Trisha-style show like I described above on the telly here in this country.

Lol I can see it now.. "Irrr is yerrr bleeeedin kid yee mupppaaaa"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Could bring the show's reputation down..

after all, Jeremy D always says they have 'faces 4 radio'. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

thats so annoying grrr! oh well! i suppose ill probably be to tired to actually watch it listning to it at nite is completly different!! I mean watching it requires your eyes open at leats when you only listen you can close your eyes and chill! I somehow dont see it doing it that great! Oh and aidian dunne der is usually either really naker types on it or really posh snobs!lol! ahh it is great tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

you'll have ppl callin up and just going... YEAEAHHH... I'm on ****ing tv... wha wha wha... and so on and so forth..

sure they already have muppets like that hu ring up hu think der mad for being on the radio!

yeah and can u imagine when they getting the combined buzz of been on the television..

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

TalkSport in the UK broadcasts live on tv and radio simultaneously also

doesnt make it any better tbh as its still a load of ****

and Chris Evans also had his morning breakfast show broadcast on both Virgin and Sky One. that too didnt last long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

The Adrian Kennedy Phone Show = The forum for the uninformed. I can only assume that anyone who actually enjoys that show is mentally challenged or simply enjoys being able to listen to similar cretins supposedly solving all the worlds problems by using sweeping generalisations without being challenged in a remotely intelligent way.

Seriously guys, Newsnight is on around the same time, watch it for a few weeks and you might start to pick up a few things that are actually worth talking about. That might require more concentration that the average Kennedy listener posseses I fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

d4gurl, by the looks of the title of this thread, DaddieKins wasted his time shelling out money for an education in spelling for you.

clap clap! I'm sorry Mr. Spelling police that I failed to spell to your standards! I guess i failed to achieve that blue peter badge! So I can't spell Adrian? sigh! This is what I hate about some people, the superioirty they think they have! Oh and believe me daddy kins shellin all that money out was beneficial! Thank you very much :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

and kennedy lol

Oh well I didn't realise these forums were examined by stuffy people who can't let a few miss spelt words go unnoticed. For your information "boll pill" my father has been working his ass of since he was 12 years old so I can obtain the education he never recieved...do me a favour and don't be so judgemental!

And now, ironically, this thread suddenly descends into the Boards equivalent of the Adrian Kennedy show, it seems! :D

Getting back on topic, I remember both the James Whale Radio Show and The Chris Evans Breakfast Show on Sky. Never thought much of the James Whale one, to be honest, but the Chris Evans one wasn't as bad as people seem to think it was, in my opinion. It wasn't fantastic but it was alright, I found. Some of the banter between Evans and the other show staff (remember Holly, I think her name was. Mmmm, nice! ;) ) used to be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

the channel its on is going to be ****e,wtf kind of channel shows a radio studio for 3 1/2 hours at night? borrrrrring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

It'll much the same as a talk show, like The Late Late or something, only you won't be able to see the callers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

d4gurl wrote:
    Oh well I didn't realise these forums were examined by stuffy people who can't let a few miss spelt words go unnoticed. For your information "boll pill" my father has been working his ass of since he was 12 years old so I can obtain the education he never recieved...do me a favour and don't be so judgemental!

"ass of", "recieved", oh classic stuff !!!! I'm sure Daddy is so proud. Are you one of those girls that gets tickets for the Six Nations Rugby matches and just take up space at Lansdowne Road? ;)

:rolleyes: I don't need to justify myself to you so whatever you think, I really don't care because newsflash you don't know me.

Advertisement