Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you like best about your PSP?

• 08-09-2005 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭

I'm seriously tempted to buy one of these machines, but I just don't know if I can justify the price. What is it that you like most about it? What keeps you using it?

I mean it looks nice, but the price and limited 1gb max space for games/movies is putting me off. If it came with a 10-20gb hard drive, then I would jump at it, but the 1gb cards (and the price of them) is not good (for me). If WAB ever get around to releasing the downgrader (that doesn't need 2 mem sticks/PSPs), I will get even more tempted, as I'm interested in homebrew.

So what do you like most?

Also, is there a chance that there will be a PS1 emulator which could play PS1 games? Or do you think that the old greats from the PS1 will be re-released on the PSP? (resident evil 2, FFVII, tomb raider etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The lovely big bright widescreen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Watching movies on the bus. On a 1GB card I get 2 movies and a couple of episodes of Family guy/simpsons. pretty sick. Although you do look like a nut job laughing into your lap on a bus.......

Sean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

Checking out imdb.com from your armchair when you see a movie in the TV guide you're not too sure about.

Showing your photos to your mother on the PSP - she can't see a thing in the camera monitor and it saves you hooking it up to the telly!

Watching the local kids jaws drop when they see the Ridge Racer intro hooked up to a pair of Sennheiser headphones on full volume :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Listening to the drift on RidgeRacer, or scraping a gold in a Wipeout time trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

wipeout is very addictive! personally i want it for, watchin movies an eps - with lost and the oc starting great time to have it, and GTA:LC, PES5 and Football Manager 2006 also Virtua Tennis is in the post and is supposedly great.

now i'll have to see how many memory sticks i can afford!! tbh thats the main thing holding me back, if they had used SD or CF would have been much better but i may have to get a 1GB hombrew stick, 1GB Music stick and a film stick not to mention games and all the rest - an expensive toy in the end...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

watching the movies on it, and playing ridge racer, oh and im sending this reply from the browser on the psp :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Having a desktop for the web browser and I suppose just gathering as many gold medals as I can in wipeout.
    Also the zoom for photos.If you zoom in it adjusts to the proper resolution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

Call_me_al wrote:
    wipeout is very addictive! personally i want it for, watchin movies an eps - with lost and the oc starting great time to have it, and GTA:LC, PES5 and Football Manager 2006 also Virtua Tennis is in the post and is supposedly great.

now i'll have to see how many memory sticks i can afford!! tbh thats the main thing holding me back, if they had used SD or CF would have been much better but i may have to get a 1GB hombrew stick, 1GB Music stick and a film stick not to mention games and all the rest - an expensive toy in the end...

Oddly enough looking forward to GTA:LC, PES5 and Virtua Tennis in the post too :)

Watching video is abt the best though. I was watching some Seinfeld on a plane once and the air hostess goes to me 'Oh cool is that a blackberry?'
    :)
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i dont play it, i want 2.00 but im stuck with 1.52 waiting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

teamxecuter's device where you would be able to use different memory cards seems to be BS as they said on the forum recently there not working on anything psp related just the xbox 360.

But this site which make flash carts for the DS have said they will release a ms convertor for the psp in december:

http://www.neoflash.com/

So u could have your 1gig/2gig card when your travelling etc but when your at home you could connect to a usb HD or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Placebo wrote:
    i dont play it, i want 2.00 but im stuck with 1.52 waiting...

ditto....

i am very lost what does that mean placebo and ruggiebear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the anticipation of burnout:legends or pro evo on the go is enough to make me all moist

Call_me_al wrote:
    i am very lost what does that mean placebo and ruggiebear?

sorry those numbers are firmware versions on the psp.

1.5 psp's can be hacked to use "homebrew" like emulaters and the like while 1.51, and 1.52 versions have more copy protection and more restrictions while 2.0 has the best protection but also a decent web browser...

well something like that anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what i like best is portable Wipeout :)

no i know what the versions are but what said doesnt make sense:
    i dont play it... play the psp? well why not?
    i want 2.0 - yeh and its available
    stuck with 1.52 - then upgrade
    waiting - waiting for what?

Call_me_al wrote:
    no i know what the versions are but what said doesnt make sense:
    i dont play it... play the psp? well why not?
    i want 2.0 - yeh and its available
    stuck with 1.52 - then upgrade
    waiting - waiting for what?

Okay i dont personally play it cause im bored of the 2 games i have and since i dont have money to spare im not gonna go out and spend 100 on 2 more so im waiting for 1.52 to be cracked, its nearly done and then i can download games and play them or even play snes etc games.
    Apparently 2 will also be hacked but im not taking ne chances, so im waiting.
    waiting for the upgrade crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

The latest in the WAB soap opera is that one of its members has being arrested. So i'd say theres a better chance of santy delivering a downgrader to you on xmas day than WAB releasing anything. Or if you want homebrew that much, just sell your psp and buy a 1.50 ;)

www.wab.com

"Today at 7h00 PM, AloneTrio ( Founder of WAB ) have been arrested in Paris by police. Even Familly have no more infos about the arrestation. At the moment we can't say if it's about PSP activities ( like the already spreaded rumour ) or old past computer hacking activities. It seem that Yoshihiro have not been arrested for the moment. Like you see, wab.com is always online. More info on the site when we got it.

We all keep our fingers crossed for AloneTrio... "

Haven't noticed the paypal donation button for alonetrio's bail money but im sure they'll sort that out ASAP ;)

This link was posted on another forum and its a bad translation from french to english and 4 yrs old but it sounds like that alonetrio is into some serious hacking!

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.transfert.net/a7701&prev=/search%3Fq%3DAloneTrio%26hl%3Den%26hs%3D3ls%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official

poor chap.
    hope it works out for him.

Placebo wrote:
    Okay i dont personally play it cause im bored of the 2 games i have and since i dont have money to spare im not gonna go out and spend 100 on 2 more so im waiting for 1.52 to be cracked, its nearly done and then i can download games and play them or even play snes etc games.
    Apparently 2 will also be hacked but im not taking ne chances, so im waiting.
    waiting for the upgrade crack.

what games you have and how long have you had your psp? :)

• Advertisement

pacebo, sorry bout that understand now! why dont u rent games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Elessar

Well, after much deliberation, I just bought one, and...

WOW! I am seriously amazed by this machine, its so light, and the screen! Amazing! I got Virtua Tennis with it and the graphics/screen have completely blown me away. To think all of this, on a handheld! No dead pixels either :D

Now that I have it, have seen it and played it, I cant believe I was trying to justify the cost. This is absolutely superb. Thanks for the comments guys, I'm very happy with it :)

Now I SERIOUSLY hope some of the greats from the PS1 days get re-released, Resident evil, Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider.... The possibilities! This is machine is just incredible!

P.S. Cant wait for Gran Turismo and GTA!

Call_me_al wrote:
    pacebo, sorry bout that understand now! why dont u rent games?

Well don't do it from Xtra Vision! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

There's a PSone emu out there (or soming out... but I think I saw it for download on PSP-hacks) so you can always use ISO's of your old PSone games to play them on it... if you were so inclined.

Need the rollback though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭techguy

Im probably going to buy my cards on www.amazon.com the prices are really good. I am aware that it will probably take a couple of weeks to arrive here but I think it's worth it..

The only thing is tho' can you actually buy from amazon or do you have to buy from sellers on the site like ebay?

Hakko

Mine are ordered from amazon too ;)

At the moment I'm particularly enjoying having A Link to the Past mobile... it's yummy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

buy used ones off buy and sell, got one for 45 euro inc reg post, thats a 512mb for 45

I've sorted postage through an american friend. 1gb for about 80-90.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

mathie wrote:
    Watching video is abt the best though. I was watching some Seinfeld on a plane once and the air hostess goes to me 'Oh cool is that a blackberry?'
    :)
    M
    You should have told her it was a Sony Handpod

• Advertisement

delly wrote:
    You should have told her it was a Sony Handpod

Damn Right! :rolleyes:
    I laughed for hours when I first heard that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

LOL Handpod :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

the fact that it hasn't even begun to use its full potential and the massive screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Everything, and GTA, Pro Evo, Burnout and such are all on the way! I hooked my dinky PSP up to my ginormous 500 watt 5.1 for the giggle last night. The whole situation was just soo wrong, but kinda right at the same time. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Tusky wrote:
    The lovely big bright widescreen.

Ditto and ditto...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

EV....ER....Y.....THING! Pure CLASSSSSS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

same, the screen is amazing

Advertisement