Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Everyone Hungary For Lost?!

• 09-09-2005 12:03am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just returned from Budapest where I noticed fairly heavy advertisement for 'Lost'. I actually caught it on TV there - it was a German dub and they were on episode 1x14 - 'Special'. It was quite amusing hearing the dubbed voices :)

So has anyone else been abroad and seen 'Lost' or seen it advertised? Oh and the US and UK don't count!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

I think my friend saw it in Croatia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Fridge wrote:
    I think my friend saw it in Croatia.
    That's where the French woman is from... well the actress Mira Furlan anyway...

Typical.

Fridge wrote:
    Typical.
    What? Mira Furlan coming from Croatia? Yes.. I guess it is pretty typical of her... she should try being born somewhere else for a change...

No it's just typical for foreign actors to play people from other foreign countries. Not that I have a problem with her having tha part, but you know sometimes I wonder why they don't just hire French people for French roles. It annoys the Irish when they get Americans to do those roles, cos they're so bad at the accents.

• Advertisement

It's Daniel Dae Kim I feel sorry for... he actually had to learn Korean to play his character.

Oh.. sidenote... I just spotted him in Spider-man 2 yesterday... he does get about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Yeah he's in the Hulk aswell as an army...guy.

It's Daniel Dae Kim I feel sorry for... he actually had to learn Korean to play his character.
    Oh, I assumed he already spoke it, even though he didn't live there.

I suppose there's no harm in learning the language though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

Oh.. sidenote... I just spotted him in Spider-man 2 yesterday... he does get about.

where is he from?

i only asked because in an earlier episode i could have sworn that he actually said something in japanese, not korean... but i may have misheard an inflection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

And here was me thinking you were just a terrible speller, ixoy (judging from your topic title!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

loon wrote:
    where is he from?

i only asked because in an earlier episode i could have sworn that he actually said something in japanese, not korean... but i may have misheard an inflection.

He was born in Korea,but spent most of his life in the US,since he was a kid I guess. And ye he does get around. Saw him in several eps of ER,a trailer for the Cave (which i dare not go see!),a CTU agent in 24 who amazingly doesnt get killed off like the many many extra agents who do,and also as Gavin in Angel,until he died and came back and then died again :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

basquille wrote:
    And here was me thinking you were just a terrible speller, ixoy (judging from your topic title!)
    It was a pun that had to be realized...

Daniel Dae Kim also had a stint in "Crusade", the short-lived "Babylon 5" spin-off. Which vaguely ties him to Mira Furlan, who was Delenn in "Baylon 5". In fact, there's people on IMDB now playing "6 Degrees of Daniel Dae Kim".

Offhand, I'll pick Harrison Ford.

Harisson Ford was in "The Devil's Own" with Brad Pitt.
    Brad Pitt was in "Troy" with Orlando Bloom.
    Orland Bloom was in "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" with Dominic Monaghan.
    Dominic Monaghan is in "Lost" with Daniel Dae Kim :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Nice! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I saw it in France

three eps a week!

3 eps was ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Saw it in barcelona. Quite funny to hear the dubbed spanish voices. Actually hadn't seen the episode in question ( The one where kate robs the bank and gets access - to a toy aeroplane she wanted), so i turned it off so as not to spoil it when i came back to watch it here.
    Reminded me of CHANNEL 9 news from the Fast Show. Hethethethe hethethethe 'chris waddle'....you'll get it if you've seen it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

I saw it in France

three eps a week!

3 eps was ridiculous
    I saw it France too but didn't really watch it just noticed it. I did notice when I was in the airport before going home that Lost was on the cover of several magazines and seemed to have created a similar buzz. I was there in June/July and they seemed to be on roughly the same episode as us when I turned it on one evening.

Advertisement