Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES5 Reviewed

Options
  • 09-09-2005 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

I won't link directly in case I get in trouble, but if you follow the below link you'll come across a review of PES5. :)
    http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928961&topic=23408531

Things that stick in my limited short-term memory:
    - no more Vornander, Celini or Dulic. They've retired.
    - free kicks are slightly easier to punish cynical defending (sh*t! ;))
    - the PSP version is very similar to full version (wasn't supposed to be even playable)
    - PSP wireless multiplayer and PS2 broadband multiplayer (seperatly).
    - refs are stricter and dribbling+passing is more crazy leading to scrappy matches (or the reviewer is just crap at PES).
    - the game now leans more towards a physical scrap with player physique being very important with only the top players surviving on skill alone.
    - no mentions of the keeper bug and the half-way line long pass bug.

If you've ever got the pre-release demo of previous PESes you'll know that the gameplay can change from demo to final release. So I won't... hmm forgot what i was gonna say!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

cregser wrote:
    I
    - no more Vornander, Celini or Dulic. They've retired.
    - free kicks are slightly easier to punish cynical defending (sh*t! ;))
    - refs are stricter and dribbling+passing is more crazy leading to scrappy matches (or the reviewer is just crap at PES).
    - the game now leans more towards a physical scrap with player physique being very important with only the top players surviving on skill alone.
    - no mentions of the keeper bug and the half-way line long pass bug.

I was gutted Celini was like my rock :(
    Free kicks are easier if theres a gap thanks to the new thumper shot.
    Refs are muppets i played 32 serie a games and only 1 card(usually i have at least 3 games where i only have 11 players available)
    Dribblins now requires an extra thumb only for the CPU, the new skills dont work in MP.
    Passes arent accurate so it gets rough around the centre circle.
    Keepers are grand but sometimes whn you hit the thumper they just stand there and watch it fly into the net, granted it is a powerful shot but they could at least make an effort.
    They can be lobbed from the halfway line but only with good players, low lob shot will do it (got one last night with Rui Costa keeper threw it out and i lobbed him from halfway line)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

It should pretty much be WE9 but with those extra Scandinavian teams. Although lets hope they dont do the usual PES thing and speed the gameplay up, otherwise I'll be sticking with WE9 until WE9FE apart from playing it online.

Advertisement