Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business

Options
  • 09-09-2005 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks! hopefully someone in boards can help me, I'm lookin to open up a new game shop in a town that desperately needs one.

Basically what i need is names of suppliers and if there are any franchises out there that are available, also just as an idea does anyone know what a new release game costs wholesale.

As you can tell i'm a bit lost, a friend of mine wants to come in with me in it he already has his own business so hopefully he'll know more than me. And heh! who knows maybe if it gets up and running, 10% discount for all existing boards.ie members

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I think Beaumex are the sold distributors of a lot of console games in Ireland.
    It does sound like you're a bit lost to be honest.
    I'd advice going to Enterprise Ireland or some other Government agency about setting up your own company first - they'll be able to give you more info / advice and possibly grants.
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A1 distribution are another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Go direct to source, lik sang and play asia do deals for mass sales.

And getting in import games gives you 1 up on the other + you can sell cheaper then them.

BUT lease costs of a bin in city centre are huge so you may fall down there.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Yeah, beaumex delivered all our games/dvds back when i worked in tesco

Advertisement