Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for noir?

Options
  • 09-09-2005 2:59am

Hi, My band Burma Shade are getting our website together, I have an idea of what I want, but I'm looking for a certain style.
    Film noir-esque, in black, blue and white. (Quite moody). Lots of silhouette etc. Could my fellow boardsies recommend someone whose art might be close to that? I don't really know many comic artists myself, but we will be a having a comic strip on our page. So I thought you guys could help me.
    Thx,
    Papa

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

First person to come to mind is Frank Miller, but, well, no. It'd just be unfair to recommend him. However, Sean Dietrich is another name that springs to mind - but he's US-based if that would be a problem.

You could do worse than check out the art on Mbleh!, Freakshow or Havoc 21 (by Wolfman Productions) and see if any of that matches what you're after (they're all irish-made comics and would presumably be quite interested in working with other Irish up-and-comers on stuff like this).

Thanks man, It's not that I want these people to design, I'm just looking for ideas on the site. Will check all these out now. Thanks a bunch Fysh

Advertisement