Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

ISA Server

• 09-09-2005 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

My company is using an ISA Server.
    Could someone define what that is?

Example: if you are able to connect to external websites on the world wide web, but are unable to connect to internal company sites, could that be a problem with the ISA server?

I suppose ISA is robust software that by design could perform various roles within a company. So it probably really depends upon specific implementation.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

RedPlanet wrote:
    My company is using an ISA Server.
    Could someone define what that is?

ISA: "Internet & Security Acceleration" Server.

ISA Server combines firewall & proxy services, which can be used simultaenously, or individually.
    Example: if you are able to connect to external websites on the world wide web, but are unable to connect to internal company sites, could that be a problem with the ISA server?

Probably. It's horrible, horrible software. The firewall settings are very convoluted and awkward to use when placed next to the simplicity of rivals such as 'iptables'.
    I suppose ISA is robust software that by design could perform various roles within a company. So it probably really depends upon specific implementation.

Yes, although I don't think ISA and "robust" fit in the same sentence together since it's been quite flakey in my experience of it (inflicted upon me as it was)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

most probable reason for not been able to connect to the intranet sites is that the Internet Settings have been not be set correctly on your browser. If the browser has to go through the ISA server to get to your intranet then well it wont work.

In the proxy settings change it so it doesnt use the proxy for internal addresses and specific IP addresses

Advertisement