Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing Spark Plugs

Options
  • 09-09-2005 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Is it hard to change the spark plugs on a skoda fabia, as I am thinking of doing it myself and can anyone recommend really good plugs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I recommend Bosch plugs only as they tend to have better threads so less chance of binding ! Also they would probably have been original spec. It easy once you have good tools. I dunno exactly about the Skoda, maybe there are plastic covers in the way !

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You would also need to check the gap is correct by using feeler gauges. Most times they are the correct mm but it is prudent to make sure.
    You will need a spark plug socket (there are different sizes so get the correct plugs first and then get a matching socket), a ratchet (preferably a torque wrench) and as I said a set of feeler gauges.
    When inserting in the new plugs, do it slowly and carefully - the last thing you want is to damage the threads in the cylinder head. Haynes recommend using a bit of softish rubber tubing to screw them in initially as you are less likely to cause thread damage.

Advertisement