Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bernard Dunne Tickets on sale

Options
  • 09-09-2005 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Friday 14th Oct

Bernard Dunne vs Noel Wilders (vacant IBC title)
    Jim Rock vs Alan Jones (vacant IBC title)
    Brian Magee vs ?
    Paul Griffin vs ?

The tickets for this fight went on sale with ticketmaster yesterday €40 -€100

Here is the floor plan layout to give you and idea for seats

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Are RTE going to show this...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

Dub13 wrote:
    Are RTE going to show this...?

Yes I'd say so. Interesting to se ehow Dunne performs at super bantamweight. Wilders is very much on the slide so Dunne should beat him. It's a big step down from the likes of Valdez who Dunne fought in the US (and who many thought beat him). After the last fight, where he was almost stopped by a journeyman, I think Dunne has realised that he can't hang with the feathers. He could go on to world honours as a super bantamweight though so I'm all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Brian Magee V Tommy Cannon
    Paul Griffin V Jim Betts
    Osin Fagan ( he faught J.C.C. jnr a year or two ago) V ?
    Stephen Haughian

and of course : Bernard Dunne vs Noel Wilders (vacant IBC title) and Jim Rock vs Alan Jones (vacant IBC title) .

I have to say thats not a bad card at all . Anyone know the results from last nights fights ? .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭derek23

Good win for the lads.....
    Paul Hyland W RTD 4 Andrej Surina
    Patrick Hyland W PTS 4 Imrich Parlagi
    Martin Lindsay W PTS 4 Peter Feher
    Michael Kelly W PTS 4 Jozef Kubovsky
    Eddie Hyland W RSF 1 Peter Batora
    Jonathan O`Brien W RSF 2 Imrich Borka

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

According to http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=009152
    Griffin was beat yesterday by Buster Dennis. Eddie Hyland beat this guy, what chance has Grifin got if he can't beat these bums...(no offense).
    Dunne is also fighting a bum and it's at Super Bantam, that's going to be quite a struggle to drop 4lbs, considering he's quiet toned at 126....I wonder if the effor to shed these 4lbs will be a actor in the fight??...Ji Rock is still goin strong, you have to give that guy credit, he doesn't really have much alent, but what an enthusiastic guy, with a great heart...fair play to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Got the tickets

The last amateur fight of Hylands Pro show was a cracker, even if I was judging.

The Pro stuff was ok, I know the guys are only starting off and have to learn their trade but it wasn't as good to watch as the amateur competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

I was talking to the Hyland Bros Father (Paddy) on Sunday, he told me that Paul Griffin had pulled out of the fight againist Jim Betts and that his son Pauly Hyland was stepping in too take on Betts. He wasn't 100% sure that it would happen be he was hoping he could get it on with Betts.

I watched Jim Betts on Sky Sports recently fighting againist ex British Featherweigh champ Jamie McKeever & Betts done really well, he even had McKeever down, but he just ran out of idea's agianist the more experienced McKeever.

Betts also boxed againist Bernard Dunne in the Stadium and didn't do too bad, but dunne just had too much for him but he is defo a game fighter.

How do you think young Pauly Hyland would do agianist Betts????

I also say that fight on SKY and although I havent seen any of Paul Hyland , he would have to be very good to beat Betts with the little experience he has .

looking at the adds on RTÉ the main fight is now Bernard Dunne V Sean Hughes (10-2-1) , Hughes won the British central area title in his 7th fight but lost to Stephen Foster when fighting for the English title and Michael Hunter when fighting for the British , he also drew with Peter Buckley in his last fight (thats a very bad sign , Buckley is the definition of journeyman)

The opponent Dunne was scheduled to meet was 24-3-1 and was a former British , IBO and European champion and would have been a good test however although im not that familiar with Hughes I don't think he'll compete that well with Dunne .

More bad news , Brian Magee was going to be fighting the Scottish Super-middleweight champion Tommy Cannon (7-4-1 , not the best of records) but he has had to pull out and he is now fighting Varuzhan Davtyan (5-20-0) who hasn't won in his last 10 fights .

Full card for Friday : Bernard Dunne v Sean Hughes - IBC Super Bantamweight Title

Jim Rock v Alan Jones - IBC Middleweight Title

Brian Magee v Varuzhan Davtyan

Paul Griffin v John Bothwell

Oisin Fagan v Richard Scifo

Paul Hyland v Peter Feher

Stephen Haughian v Daniel Thorpe

Wilders was forced out through injury and finding it very hard to make the weight . Hughes is a stablemate of his and thats one of the reasons he was selected to fill his place .
    Oh looks like Grifinn's opponent had to be changed too .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Guys, I assume RTE are going to show the fights on Sat nite???, anyone know what time and is it RTE 1 or 2???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

walshb wrote:
    Guys, I assume RTE are going to show the fights on Sat nite???, anyone know what time and is it RTE 1 or 2???

its Friday night....

It's live on RTÉ 2 , Friday night from 10.25-12.50 .

Advertisement