Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest petrol station in city?

Options
  • 09-09-2005 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

Am I allowed ask that? Down in Kerry petrol is so much cheaper, but thats not much good to me when Im in Limerick with an empty tank - any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Shell in Thomond Gate was the cheapest the last time I checked, living in Dublin so I could be way off. It's usually the cheapest in Limerick City at any given time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Dave wrote:
    Shell in Thomond Gate was the cheapest the last time I checked, living in Dublin so I could be way off. It's usually the cheapest in Limerick City at any given time though.

Esso and Texaco in Castletroy are now at 114.9...

Shell in Thomandgate is gone up to 117.9... Won't be going back there for a while.

The Amber station out by Georgian Village is usually cheap as well. Not sure of the price today.

Statoil in Roxboro are gone up to 122!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

just reading it in the indo today, cheapest in town is the station at watchouse cross, 109.3

pat keoghs has one of the most expensive in the country, ripping us off at the charge of 137.2

link here (may need to register/login)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

moshpit77 wrote:
    just reading it in the indo today, cheapest in town is the station at watchouse cross, 109.3

where is that? sorry I don't know the city very well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

http://www.irishfuelprices.com/motorfuelprices.php?county=limerick

that has up-to-date cheapest petrol in the city!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Shell in Corbally is also pretty cheap. I won't be passing by there today so I can't say what it costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Cheapest in the County is 108 in O' dwyers in Old Pallas (if you can find it), or so was said on Live 95FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hairfreak07

Topaz Station (formerly Shell) by Supervalue is pretty cheap, I go there all the time 113.9.

Stop complaining on fuel prices, 149.9 is considered cheap in France!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Topaz Station (formerly Shell) by Supervalue is pretty cheap, I go there all the time 113.9.

113.9? I drove past it less than 60 minutes ago and it was 124.9. The Apple station in Shannonbanks is 124.8, and the Esso station beside the UL roundabout on the Dublin road is 124.9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Heh i was reading the first few posts and wondering where the hell ye were getting the crazy prices. Thomondgate still seems to be the best, if you're going to kerry wait till you get to newcastle west, garveys or the top station across the road are the best i've seen so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Heh i was reading the first few posts and wondering where the hell ye were getting the crazy prices. Thomondgate still seems to be the best, if you're going to kerry wait till you get to newcastle west, garveys or the top station across the road are the best i've seen so far.

Garveys are normally very competitive on the pump prices, and often have instore promotions where an extra 5 or 10 cent gets knocked off the price of a litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes but we have to pay motor tax on top of that, afaik that is included in the fuel price in France.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

www.pumps.ie is worth a bookmark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

Applegreen is the cheapest in limerick east at the moment go to www.pumps.ie and see for your self. they are usually the cheapest in limerick as far as im concerned.

CRAIG07 wrote: »
    Applegreen is the cheapest in limerick east at the moment go to www.pumps.ie and see for your self. they are usually the cheapest in limerick as far as im concerned.

Unless www.pumps.ie is wrong.

Singland Motors, Dublin Road - petrol 119.9, diesel 124.9 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

applegreen in corbally and topaz in corbally are priced at 123.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

watch house cross yesterday

Petrol & Diesel 119.9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

got it there today for the same price, place was jammed.

Today

Singland Motors:
    Petrol 122.9
    Diesel 118.9

Amber, Old Cork Road:
    Petrol 119.9
    Diesel 119.9

I have been reliably told that prices are supposed to drop the middle of next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Both Topaz's on Ennis road are 117.9 for petrol and 121.9 for Diesel.

The othe garage on the Ennis Rd(cant think of the name, besides Macs off-licence) is 116.9 for petrol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

114.?Petrol
    114.?Diesel
    Texaco by the southcourt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Yeah prob best prices at Texaco in the city.

Advertisement