Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bluetooth Issue

• 09-09-2005 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

I have recently purchased a bluetooth enabled mobile phone. However whenever I try to connect it to my laptop(Acer Travelmate 4500) it fails to find it. I have not had any problem connecting to any other mobile and haven't tried to connect to another laptop.

I tried to then allow my laptop to be viewed by other devices but the check box that you uncheck threw me errors.

Has anyone had a similar issue or do they know what the problem might be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭theshadow

Is the bluetooth enabled? There's a button on the outside of the laptop either at the front or beside the power button. I had the same with the wireless functionality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Yes the bluetooth device is enabled. Any other suggestions??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Please confirm whether you're using XP SP2..
    Please also state whether you installed any third party software for your phone/computer (Bluetooth stack?)

(Assuming SP2 installed: )
    Control Panel -> Bluetooth -> Hardware tab :: Is there anything listed? [This is to check that XP is listing the BTooth device..]

What error did you receive at the "check box that you uncheck " ??? (IIRC - you mean the option to make your computer discoverable for other devices and should be checked

It's common to get an error re: "..saving configuration changes.." (or similar) if the bluetooth device is not (correctly) enabled ... make sure the bluetooth device is switched on -then go through the wizard again! If you encounter problems: please provide some more detail (The error message,screenshots,etc!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

Sounds like a software issue, you might need to install software to recognizes your phone. ???
    also restart you pc and tap F2, this will bring you into the BIOS Screen,
    once in there, check the Bluetooth settings to make sure they look right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Thanks for the help guys. I will try to provide screen shots when I think of it. At the moment it is not top priority to get working as I don't really use it too often but it would be nice to know how.

As far as I know it is SP2 that is installed.

I am using nokia pc suite for the phone but the problem also occured before I installed this software.

I will give the bios option a shot. Think I tried that already but can't really remember. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement