Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phpbb avatar issue

Options
  • 09-09-2005 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Hi, im trying to set up some avatars for phpbb. They are in the right place and the avatar option is on in the admin panel. but theres nothing showing up in peoples profiles to select an avatar. anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

you might need to set the permissions on the avatar folder to 777.
    give that a go and let me know how you get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i tried that already and it said the server didnt support file modification. which i thought was weird. im on blacknight for hosting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

have you contacted your host?

erm thats weird that it said your server doesn't support server mods.....are you using an ftp client at all?

yeah using aceftp. ill try it again

• Advertisement

i used the control panel and set it to 777 but still nothing

try chmod777 to your root folder also and set all your folders to 777. see if that does the trick. And i presume that within the avatar settings that you have enabled gallery avatars and set the path to images/avatars/gallery ?

have it sorted people. thanks to ph3n0m, legend. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

no problem - glad to have helped, and thusly I now have

Legend+150 points - ah the nerd in me says yay

Advertisement